Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
codimouse
Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

Question Buena Vista Suites near the World

I am quickly trying to find a place near WDW for our Thanksgiving trip.
It's last minute.
We've stayed twice before at the Caribe but I noticed Buena Vista Suites has the same suite for $15 less per day.
We will have our rental car since we are flying into Tampa so not worried about shuttle.
Anyone stay at the hotel? How was the breakfast? The suite?
codimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
janeg0812
Janie G.

We drive from Virginia to Disney World and stay at Buena Vista Suites for a couple days, before checking into the Grand Floridian for a week. I have to say that we have enjoyed staying at Buena Vista Suites. The rooms were remodeled recently and were very nice. They have a free breakfast in the morning. I think it starts at 6:00 a.m. There is fruit, muffins or danish, eggs, home fries, cereal, waffles, bagels, juice, coffee and either bacon, ham, or sausage. It was pretty good. Also, it's very easy to get to Disney World from there. It works well for us and I would recommend staying there.

Hope this info helps,
Jane
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

I would say since the rooms are the same, the main difference is the pool. Average pool at BVS and awesome pool at Caribe. SO...how much do you think you will be swimming? Depends on what you have planned and what your family enjoys.

You'll have to weigh the money savings and free breakfast vs. the nicer pool to make your decision.
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
codimouse
Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

Yeah we will be at the parks. No pool required.
codimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
Yeah we will be at the parks. No pool required.
Well, there you go. I would go with BVS then. Have a super trip!
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

We've stayed at BVS several times and really like it. When friends ask us where to stay off-site, I always recommend this hotel. It is close to Disney and Wal-Mart, has free parking, the breakfast is good (but gets crowded) and the rooms are nice. I like how the rooms are separated. Overall, we've had very nice stays there.

I do agree about the pool though. Not the greatest but if that's not what you need, you will love it here.
34 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado SpringsJune 2014 - Beach Club and Disney Fantasy!

UPCOMING:
10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
momof2disprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote