Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #2296
brandijo5
LSU Tiger Stadium - No Place Like It!!!!!!!!!

Just popping in to say we are at 45 days!!! Trip is paid off now I just gotta get the particulars in order and wait for my Mickey mail!!!

Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post46898620
brandijo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #2297
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

peachygreen-- What cute outfits!

I use a very very small Vera Bradley purse thingy(more like a small wallet with a full strap attached, it does not hold anything larger than the size of a droid phone) to carry my cards, phone and meds. I used to have a long list of things to take to the parks, but I downsized on our last trip to DL and it was great.

60 days to go!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #2298
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Now I can stalk you Ron! Welcome to the thread!!!!

By the looks of your ADRs, it might be hard for us to meet up. Unless you are hopping, we have different parks every day. We will have to make something work... even if I leave the wife and kids at the room and meet you out for a night cap!

Oh, and we are still thinking of MVMCP on the 9th. We are hitting Kona for breakfast in the am. If we are going to the party we will probably chill at the resort after breakfast till we head to the party in the afternoon. I would think we would arrive before 4 since we have APs but I'm not sure if our friends are going the AP route.
Tim, you know I do more then 1 park a day, That's why most of the ADR's are not in a park, except for the ones in Epcot, if it's a lunch I'll be there in the A.M., if it's a dinner I'll be there in the P.M., I will let you know once I have my park days all picked out, I'm sure we will be in the same park at least once
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #2299
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Tim, you know I do more then 1 park a day, That's why most of the ADR's are not in a park, except for the ones in Epcot, if it's a lunch I'll be there in the A.M., if it's a dinner I'll be there in the P.M., I will let you know once I have my park days all picked out, I'm sure we will be in the same park at least once
Sounds good... we can take our conversation off here, to the DDC, or through PMs.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #2300
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
I saw this on facebook and thought it would lighten the mood a bit!

Question of the day: Where do you keep your tickets, fastpasses, photopass cards, etc so that they are organized and available when needed?
I bought a passport wallet for a trip to mexico, its perfect for everything. When in the parks i carry a small ID wallet , in park with just the keys to the world (room key) , lanyard for pins around my neck and photopass badge.

The passport wallet is the holy grail for all paperwork credit cards etc before and during the trip when not in park.

http://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Board...804188&sr=1-15

OMG FORTY THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #2301
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up. We're getting together with friends on Saturday, but most of the time will be spent cleaning and getting ready to go back to Virginia on Monday. Our little Caroline is coming home today or tomorrow!!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #2302
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Hey, I just saw my ticker says 2 months! Fun!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #2303
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

YAY! Happy Friday!!! Im at 58 days today!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #2304
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

This is our rough plan so far, got a lot going on

11/4 - Seaworld (depending on what time we get to Orlando)
- Bongos 4:55
- MK AAA Wishes viewing

11/5 - Epcot EMH, AAA Storytime 10:45 (will probably head to AK after story time)
- Ohana's 5:10
- HS EMH

11/6 - AK till noon
- Le Cellier 1:20
- Epcot

11/7 - HS
- Teppen Edo 4:00
- Catch the Dennis DeYoung concert, Epcot EMH till 12am

11/8 - MK EMH with haircut at Harmony Barbershop at noon
- Boma 4:55
- undecided

11/9 - AK EMH
- T-Rex 1:30
- MK MVMCP

11/10 - Ohana Breakfast 7:35
- MK till 11:30
- head home

On nights that no one has a EMH we will be in DTD

So far it's almost a full plate, but will end up getting everything done with room for dessert
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #2305
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Great job on the dresses!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
peachygreen-

Love all the dresses but my favorite are the AK ones. They are so adorable. Great Job!
Thanks! My oldest mostly designed that one. She picked out the fabrics and is the one who really wanted the giraffe one to be a dress. She loves giraffe's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
oh peachy i love love the giraffe one, my dd would love a zebra one like that
I almost do a giraffe skirt for my oldest and a zebra skirt for the youngest but the oldest one insisted on the matching giraffe dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
Sooo cute!

By the time my DD was about 7, cute outfits were forbidden (she is not a Princess loving girly-girl, as much as I wish she was). I used to be able to get her in fun Disney T's, but not anymore. If she wears her vintage Mickey softball T one day at the parks, I will consider myself lucky...
Right now my 6-1/2 year old loves dresses (the twirlier the better) and I'm hoping she will stay that way for a few more years at least. I know it won't last forever though. I guess when they both outgrow the mommy can sew cute outfits stage I might have to start sewing for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
First, I want to thank everyone for your kind words; they are very much appreciated. Next, I want to compliment you, Peachy, on your girl's dresses. They are really cute and you did a beautiful job on them.
Thanks! I hope you are able to heal some between now and your trip - the loss of a close friend or family member is always hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post
Peachygreen - your dresses are adorable!! My favorites are the princess dress and the Animal Kingdom giraffe print - so cute!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Peachygreen, love the dresses/outfits!! My absolute favorite is the one for MK with the polka dots. I'm a fool for polka dots! I also love the Epcot ones. Heck I love em all! Great job. You have mad skills, woman! And your littles ones are ADORABLE!!!
Full disclosure - I didn't make the polka dot skirt/shirt. I bought it on zulily. It was cheaper then what I could have made it for so I took the deal. I'm working on a polka dot dress right now. I hope to finish that up this weekend.
Thanks for the love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
Will you be my mom?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
peachygreen-- What cute outfits!
Thank you!

As for what I carry in the park I think I am going to use my pacsafe bag this time. It is small enough to not get heavy or in the way. I can carry my phone and camera in it as well as a small pack of travel wipes if necessary and my GC's, park passes and money will fit in with no problem. I used it on the cruise and it was perfect then. We'll have the stroller with us as well and I will keep a small cooler in the bottom for lunch/drinks and a change of clothes for the girls in case of an accident (2 year old is still potty training so accidents can happen on occassion and you never know when a spill might happen. The last time we went I had used a little layand holder and then the camera and a backpack. It got a little cumbersome plus I lost my phone because I had it in my pocket and it fell out.

Image040 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr
There it is on our trip to Disneyland in 2009. That is my oldest - she was 3 at the time

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #2306
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!

We are at 7 weeks until we leave today!

I got an email this morning from the Disney Store selling Epcot 30th Anniversary merchandise. October 1st, 1982 was the opening day. While that isn't until Monday, it reminded me of one of my earliest Disney memories. My mom took me to Disney World when I was 4 in 1980. Things were a lot different back then, but I still vividly recall seeing the structure for the the iconic ball that Epcot is known for being built. It was just a big steel ball at the time and it wouldn't be for another 20 years until I would actually visit the inside.

So my Question of the Day for Friday is what is your earliest Disney memory?

Have a fun and happy Friday!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #2307
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandijo5 View Post
Just popping in to say we are at 45 days!!! Trip is paid off now I just gotta get the particulars in order and wait for my Mickey mail!!!
Rainbows for paying off your trip. Mickey Mail can't be far behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
This is our rough plan so far, got a lot going on

11/4 - Seaworld (depending on what time we get to Orlando)
- Bongos 4:55
- MK AAA Wishes viewing

11/5 - Epcot EMH, AAA Storytime 10:45 (will probably head to AK after story time)
- Ohana's 5:10
- HS EMH

11/6 - AK till noon
- Le Cellier 1:20
- Epcot

11/7 - HS
- Teppen Edo 4:00
- Catch the Dennis DeYoung concert, Epcot EMH till 12am

11/8 - MK EMH with haircut at Harmony Barbershop at noon
- Boma 4:55
- undecided

11/9 - AK EMH
- T-Rex 1:30
- MK MVMCP

11/10 - Ohana Breakfast 7:35
- MK till 11:30
- head home

On nights that no one has a EMH we will be in DTD

So far it's almost a full plate, but will end up getting everything done with room for dessert
Wow! You weren't kidding you have a lot going on!! Guess you come by your DIS name honestly! Sounds like a ton of fun, though. Do you have a car or do you take the buses for all that park hopping? DH and I like to park hop quite a bit as well. Since it's just the two of us, it's never a bother. I hate being tied down by my ADRs, you know?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #2308
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Both parts of our trip are now paid off. Sitting at 42 days. Waiting not so patiently for Mickey Mail.

Our park days/ADRs have changed to their final order.

11/9 - Arrival @ MCO and take ME to POR/DTD/DQ T-Rex 5pm

11/10 - AK Tusker House 9:35am

11/11 - HS SciFi 6:35pm

11/12 - pick up rental car/switch to AoA LK suite/BB/off site shopping/visit family in Lakeland

11/13 - EP Coral Reef 11:30am/off site shopping outlets

11/14 - MK Ohana's 7:40am/return rental car

11/15 - EP Teppan Edo 12:10pm

11/16 - BB/Mini Putt/resort day 1900 Park Fare 5:50pm

11/17 - MK Whispering Canyon Cafe 4:30pm

11/18 - resort morning/depart to MCO

We do have park hoppers so we won't be confined to sticking with our ADR parks. Those decisions will be made at the time though. The ones listed above we'll be at at least part of each day noted.

Is it too early to start packing?

My first WDW memory its a tie between riding 20,000 leagues under the Sea in MK and riding the Skyway in MK. It would have been 1981 I think.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #2309
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Wow! You weren't kidding you have a lot going on!! Guess you come by your DIS name honestly! Sounds like a ton of fun, though. Do you have a car or do you take the buses for all that park hopping? DH and I like to park hop quite a bit as well. Since it's just the two of us, it's never a bother. I hate being tied down by my ADRs, you know?
We will have our car with us, but will be using WDW transportation, believe it or not there is hardly anyone on the bus most of the time, sometimes going park to park we are the only one's on the bus, the only times the bus is really crowded is near park opening and closing times and of course DTD after park hours

I make my ADR's as a excuse to hop, like to keep the day fresh

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #2310
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I'm debating on bringing my hydration pack for this trip. It's kind of like this:

http://hssc.com/product?number=68601&lang=en

It's got a water bladder on the inside that holds 2 liters of water or whatever cold beverage you desire (I just put water in it to keep it cleanest) and has some small storage in it. It's not very heavy or bulky either. The one I have is designed for cyclists and has a net that can hold a bike helmet. I use it for when I'm riding my motorcycle long distances in the Texas heat but it may prove useful for this trip.

One of the previous posters mentioned saddlebags for their stroller and I remembered that we're only taking one stroller this year so we won't have as much space to put stuff when we're moving about, so a pack like this might work out well for me. Just food for thought.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: