Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #1786
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

17 more days for me!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #1787
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Do you know if the first pic was HDR or natural? Great pics.
My DBF doesn't remember off-hand if it was HDR, but here is what he said:

"Looking at the clouds, I think it may be, but only a subtle 1-stop range at most. The lighting there didn't really need it, but since it was ugly out, I think I was still using HDR Art-Standard mode to boost the color right away."

He says he can check when he gets home. Too much info?
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #1788
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Safe travels!
Thanks! We get two stays this trip, two nights pre-cruise and three nights post cruise.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #1789
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

20 days and we'll be back home at BWV!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #1790
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Finally got around to uploading some room pictures from our stay at the Inn. Enjoy!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #1791
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos CaliforniaDreaming!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #1792
CaliforniaDreaming

Here are some from my stay at the Villas last year, too. Looking forward to returning in a few weeks!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #1793
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Live from the BWI. First time here. It's very nice. Had to switch rooms as the first one they gave us was not the water view we'd reserved. They were very nice about it. We are now right above Boardwalk Joe's. fun watching the sights go by from the balcony. Dinner at blueZoo was amazing. Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but I know it will be magical!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #1794
gometros

So far, I'm still looking for the magic. We're in room 4041. Convenient to the elevator, but the balcony is recessed, so the view of the Boardwalk is partially obstructed to either side.

The lack of information here is appalling. When we checked in we asked about a package we had delivered. We were told we could pick it up from the business center ourselves or have it delivered for a fee. Turns out there is a handling fee of $10 either way, so I could have had it (and it was a heavy package) delivered to the room.

Our groceries were never delivered. Called the Screen Door. They never received the fax. While we got the confirmation that it went through, there is no number to call and confirm.

Last, but not least, first glass I took out of the closest had a huge lipstick mark on the lip.

Off to DHS. A few times on RnR should take my mind off of it.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #1795
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
So far, I'm still looking for the magic. We're in room 4041. Convenient to the elevator, but the balcony is recessed, so the view of the Boardwalk is partially obstructed to either side.

The lack of information here is appalling. When we checked in we asked about a package we had delivered. We were told we could pick it up from the business center ourselves or have it delivered for a fee. Turns out there is a handling fee of $10 either way, so I could have had it (and it was a heavy package) delivered to the room.

Our groceries were never delivered. Called the Screen Door. They never received the fax. While we got the confirmation that it went through, there is no number to call and confirm.

Last, but not least, first glass I took out of the closest had a huge lipstick mark on the lip.

Off to DHS. A few times on RnR should take my mind off of it.
Sorry to hear about your problems. For the last part, the first thing we do when we stay in a villa (anywhere, not just BW) is take all the glasses and plates we might use and run them through the dishwasher again. Mouse keeping will only wash items in the sink or dishwasher, if someone has handled a plate or glass and puts them back in the cabinet, it won't get washed.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #1796
vanillagirl
Earning My Ears

Hi. love the thread. i spent a few hours skimming through the entire thing

I am going to book a room for my family's Xmas stay. I am considering a one bedroom villa or a standard club level room (I wish deluxe cl was available I'd grab it!) Which do you think I should book? I have stayed cl here once before and enjoyed it. The Inn rooms are so pretty and the CL staff is great. I didn't see a lot of BWV one bedroom photos here. Are the villa rooms as pretty as the Inn rooms? Is there anything special about staying CL over the holidays or should I just go with the extra space of the one bedroom? I guess also I am a little concerned about the comfort of the queen sofa bed... any reviews? I have two teen daughters that would be using it.

THANKS for any input. I need to make a decision asap.

VG
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #1797
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Thanks for shareing California Dreaming. I just love the Decor of BWI the Villas not so much.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #1798
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Sorry gometros. We also have a recessed balcony. I kind of lime being out of the sun & rain but I see your point. May I suggest a strawberry julep at the Belle Vue lounge-makes everything seem rosier!!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #1799
CaliforniaDreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillagirl View Post
Hi. love the thread. i spent a few hours skimming through the entire thing

I am going to book a room for my family's Xmas stay. I am considering a one bedroom villa or a standard club level room (I wish deluxe cl was available I'd grab it!) Which do you think I should book? I have stayed cl here once before and enjoyed it. The Inn rooms are so pretty and the CL staff is great. I didn't see a lot of BWV one bedroom photos here. Are the villa rooms as pretty as the Inn rooms? Is there anything special about staying CL over the holidays or should I just go with the extra space of the one bedroom? I guess also I am a little concerned about the comfort of the queen sofa bed... any reviews? I have two teen daughters that would be using it.

THANKS for any input. I need to make a decision asap.

VG
I'll upload some photos of a 2 bedroom villa from a couple years ago. We're staying in a 1 bedroom in a couple weeks so I'll of course post some more then too.

I like the style of rooms in the Inn better than the Villas, but they are really cater to two different markets. Deluxe resort vs home away from home/timeshare. I've slept on different sleeper sofas in the villas and have never had a problem.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #1800
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Sorry to hear about your problems. For the last part, the first thing we do when we stay in a villa (anywhere, not just BW) is take all the glasses and plates we might use and run them through the dishwasher again. Mouse keeping will only wash items in the sink or dishwasher, if someone has handled a plate or glass and puts them back in the cabinet, it won't get washed.
Excellent suggestion, thanks. I guess we didn't do it this time because we got in so late.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: