Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
TakeMeToFlorida
Earning My Ears

Ever been to DLP? How do the cast members and overall magic/experience compare?

The American parks have such a reputation for always being happy, smiley, friendly and helpful.
I've read nothing but bad things about Paris having rude, miserable and unhelpful staff.
I've never been to any disney park but it has always been a dream. I have just never fallen into the money for it.
I feel like having the famous hospitable service you get at the American parks is something I want to experience and it's something that makes Disneyland and MK what they are. It's part of that Disney magic.
Unfortunately, if I went (I NEED TO GO TO A DISNEY PARK SOON I'VE BEEN DYING FOR IT FOR TOO LONG) I'd probably only be able to go to Disneyland Paris and I don't want to be let down.
Please be nice, this is my first time posting.

Also to people who have been to both, how does it compare to it's American counterparts? I'm talking mainly about the "Disneyland" style parks.
Does it fall short? I've read it lacks a lot in quality and magic but of course I don't know for sure.
TakeMeToFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeMeToFlorida View Post
The American parks have such a reputation for always being happy, smiley, friendly and helpful.
I've read nothing but bad things about Paris having rude, miserable and unhelpful staff.
I've never been to any disney park but it has always been a dream. I have just never fallen into the money for it.
I feel like having the famous hospitable service you get at the American parks is something I want to experience and it's something that makes Disneyland and MK what they are. It's part of that Disney magic.
Unfortunately, if I went (I NEED TO GO TO A DISNEY PARK SOON I'VE BEEN DYING FOR IT FOR TOO LONG) I'd probably only be able to go to Disneyland Paris and I don't want to be let down.
Please be nice, this is my first time posting.

Also to people who have been to both, how does it compare to it's American counterparts? I'm talking mainly about the "Disneyland" style parks.
Does it fall short? I've read it lacks a lot in quality and magic but of course I don't know for sure.
Hmmm. DLRP service is comparable to the American parks. There is a lot of magic there. The DLP park itself is the most beautiful of all the Disney parks in the world, and their castle is also the most beautiful.

The restrictions they have (from local communities) on allowing evening fireworks shows are frustrating. The second gate there WDS is the worst Disney park in the world and really suffers from a lack of Disney magic.

Of the major Disney resorts in the world (Florida, California, Japan and France) I would rank DLRP overall as fourth. Is it worth going? Sure.

DLR 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
TakeMeToFlorida
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Hmmm. DLRP service is comparable to the American parks. There is a lot of magic there. The DLP park itself is the most beautiful of all the Disney parks in the world, and their castle is also the most beautiful.

The restrictions they have (from local communities) on allowing evening fireworks shows are frustrating. The second gate there WDS is the worst Disney park in the world and really suffers from a lack of Disney magic.

Of the major Disney resorts in the world (Florida, California, Japan and France) I would rank DLRP overall as fourth. Is it worth going? Sure.

Thank you for replying and being honest
I didn't know there were restrictions like that about firework shows. Like a "not every night" sort of thing, or in their shows are they not allowed to be an elaborate as the American parks in their shows?
Thanks again!
TakeMeToFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
lcasa
DIS Veteran

DLP IS beautiful - worth going just to see the castle and doubly so if you're a Sleeping Beauty fan - inside and under the castle are must-sees. Their parades are impressive too. I've described it to people as what Walt would have built with today's technology ( well, 90s tech anyway). I find it has the charm DL has - much more than the Magic Kingdom.

I've been 3 times now - first was close to opening and it was a bit more spruced up then - last time I noticed a few places that could have used some paint.
I had a hopper this last trip so went to the studios too -- while the Crush Coaster was great I wasn't that impressed with the rest of it. Their Rock N Roller Coaster was just the track - all that great theming was missing!

As for the CMs I've found them nice - never encountered the infamous french rudeness ( the first time we went we stayed at one of the hotels and the laundramat didn't have any working machines - I thought the young man there was going to commit suicide he was so ashamed! very cute)

Phantom Manor is FABULOUS too. There's an excellent book with great photos the folks over at MiceAge have reprinted and have on discount now if you want a preview - plus it has the backstory of a lot of the attractions so you can have a deeper enjoyment of it all.
lcasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: