Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #511
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzalicia
Hello - just returned from DLR and had a great experience with the Disneyland Photopass+ card.

Exchanging the voucher for my Photopass+ card at the Disneyland Main Street Photo Supply Co was very quick and painless. The Photopass+ card was given to me on a lanyard.

For ride photos, after the ride, I waited in line with others purchasing ride photos. When it was my turn, I told the cashier our photo number, handed them my photopass+ card, and they added the photo to our card and gave me a receipt. The photo number was on the receipt so I feel reading the receipt is a good double check that the cashier added the correct ride photo to the card.

To obtain our photos from the Plaza Inn Breakfast in the Park w/ Minnie & friends, I simply showed them the card when they brought our photos to the table, they took the card back to their computer to add all the photos to the photopass, and when they returned it they also handed me the printed out photo package.

When we got home we added our photopass number to our Disneyphotopass.com account along with 5 other photopass cards of friends (we were in Disneyland for a group trip). After adding borders there were a total of 328 photos! I purchased CD with download delivery and had to wait about 12 hours before I received an email saying my photos were ready to download. They split the photos up into 5 .zip files with approx 80 photos in each download. I do wonder how many photo CDs they would have sent me...

Interesting note, the ride photos we had added were available to download as soon as I entered the photopass+ card number to my disneyphotopass.com account. A friend had purchased their ride photo (didn't want to bother finding me and asking me to come add) and their ride photo was available to download as soon as I added the photopass number they were given with their photo (the card's number started with "ride").

Alicia
Thanks for all the info! So even though you bought the PhotoPass+ in advance you do still have to buy your CD or do you just enter a code/voucher for it?
Thanks! I need to explain this to my family and want to make sure I understand it correctly!

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #512
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
You have to wait in line to have the CM add it to your card. It depends on how busy the parks are and how many people are waiting in line. I was there over the weekend and didn't wait longer than about 5-10 minutes anywhere. If you know your photo number, the CM can find it quickly and add it in a minute or so. If you don't know your photo number, it may take longer for them to find it. Have fun!
Thanks! And has anyone tried to add multiple ride photos at the same time on a given day? Meaning... if we go on Splash twice in one day, can I add both photos at once providing I have the # for both pics?
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #513
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee

Thanks for all the info! So even though you bought the PhotoPass+ in advance you do still have to buy your CD or do you just enter a code/voucher for it?
Thanks! I need to explain this to my family and want to make sure I understand it correctly!
You get the following with your PP+ package:
Gallery CD
Coupon to take to the parks to get your PP card
Code for your CD when you get home (either hard copy CD or digital download)

Hope that helps!

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #514
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue32

Thanks! And has anyone tried to add multiple ride photos at the same time on a given day? Meaning... if we go on Splash twice in one day, can I add both photos at once providing I have the # for both pics?
Yep! We rode space mountain twice in a row and added them at once and we did RSR twice in a row one morning too and added them. There are no limit to ride photos just tell them you have multiple numbers!

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #515
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Ride photos are as many as you want, but character meals are limited. The CM at the photo shop at DL told me one character meal per day, but the CM at Plaza Inn said it was one venue per day. Meaning you could have breakfast at Plaza, lunch at Goofy's, and dinner at Ariel's, but not breakfast, lunch, dinner at Ariel's. I have no idea who was right since we only did two character meals on different days. But I do wonder how they could enforce that?

Was anyone else told something along those lines?
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #516
Camie627
Earning My Ears

Photo Pass Plus

We just got back from Disneyland. We purchased the Photo Pass Plus inside the park at the photo shop. It was 99.99. They give you a lanyard w/ a photo pass PLUS card attached. The Photopass PLUS has a list of the extra rides / character dinners included in the price. You must have the photo PLUS card with you when you get off the attraction ride that has the photos for purchase. You just give them your card & they will link the photo or photos you want directly onto your account. YOU MUST HAVE THE PLUS card with you for ATTRACTION photos.

If you go on Tower of Terror 10x, you can order photos 10x. There is no limit on the # of photos you can order from the attractions.

We went to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. When you arrive they take your family's picture with Goofy. Later on during your dinner they will come by & try to sell you a package of photos for $30 (i think that is the price). If you show them your photo pass PLUS, you get this package of photos for free (well, included in the 99.99 price).

We stopped at EVERY photographer we saw in the park & got a TON of photos on our disc. Be sure to ask the photographers if they have "magic" in their camera, you may end up with some great photos!

Even if you do not have enough time to pre-order the DVD for $69, we found it was well worth the price of $99. We stayed for 3 days / 2 nights.

I hope this information helps!
Camie627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #517
cari12
DIS Veteran

So where exactly can you take the voucher to get your P+ card/lanyard? Is there somewhere in DTD?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #518
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cari12
So where exactly can you take the voucher to get your P+ card/lanyard? Is there somewhere in DTD?
I don't know of a place in DTD, just the photo shop in DL and DCA.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #519
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper

You get the following with your PP+ package:
Gallery CD
Coupon to take to the parks to get your PP card
Code for your CD when you get home (either hard copy CD or digital download)

Hope that helps!
Totally helps! I guess I just can't wrap my brain around it because it's too good of a deal!
Thanks again!

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #520
jenok0426
Earning My Ears

So, I think I have read all 35 pages....We are going with another family so there will be 8 of us total. So if we go on a ride and are in 4 different cars will we be able to add all 4 photos? And for the meals, will all 8 be in the same photo or would they do 2 photos? Has anyone heard anything about the number of meals per day? Can you do 2 character meals per day and get both packages.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #521
ccvh
Earning My Ears

I remember a couple of years ago at WDW, for Test Track only, you could add the ride photo to your photo pass account yourself, by just scanning your photo pass card at a scanner right under the viewing screen. It seems like would be so much easier for everyone, than having to wait in line for the CM to scan your card.
ccvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #522
momsquad
DisneyDiva

Halloween Magic Photos

I saw a post recently for WDW that photopass photographers had some special "magic" pics they offering.

Has anyone at DLR received any "magic" pics specifically for Halloween? I would LOVE to be able to get the shot with the Hitch-hiking Ghosts!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #523
ccvh
Earning My Ears

If you do the download instead of having them send the CD, how many times can it be downloaded? My sister-in-law's family is meeting us there, and I've already ordered Photopass+. Would they be able to download the photos, too, or will I have to just forward the ones they are in to them?
ccvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #524
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenok0426 View Post
So, I think I have read all 35 pages....We are going with another family so there will be 8 of us total. So if we go on a ride and are in 4 different cars will we be able to add all 4 photos? And for the meals, will all 8 be in the same photo or would they do 2 photos? Has anyone heard anything about the number of meals per day? Can you do 2 character meals per day and get both packages.

Thanks!
We are a family of three with our son old enough to do single rider lines. When we rode RSR we were each in separate cars, and they were easily able to scan each one to our card.

When we had breakfast at surf and goofy, they took pix with the three of us, then asked if we would like some of just DS.

From our experiences, there should be no issues, since it's obviously not a policy to have all people in vehicles or character meal photos.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #525
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenok0426 View Post

Thanks!
Ride - no problem to add all photos
Character meal - if they can't fit all of you in the same photo, they might give you 2 photo packages, but it's really a limit of one photo package per pass ( per venue/same trip) so unless you come across someone really nice that's willing to do two photo packages with just one card, you might have to count on one photo print package (even if you take two separate family photos).
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: