Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #601
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran
 
Aussie Wendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 1,371

Good to hear you are having a great time-apart from a minor mishap or two. Looking forward to full TR and pics showing all the loot from MNSSHP so some of us can drool.
__________________
Disneyland 84, 89, 97; WDW Xmas 2008; DLR & NYC June 2011; TDR April 2012; DLP May 2013; WDW & USF/IOA Oct 2014
TR DLR, NY and more July 2011
TR Japan 2012
TR Exploration Europe 2013
TR Rides and Rocks 2014
Me DH DD:
Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #602
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

We're hitting Hollywood studios again today, after the unsuccessful visit earlier in the week, and DH is playing golf
DS wants to do Jedi training academy which you need to register for so I'll be running to do that at 9am.
Then fastpass Toy Story Midway Mania, waits get very long for this

I cancelled a few of our ADR's, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef and House of Blues. We got sickof racing to get somewhere for dinner or whatever meal it is, dinner is pretty casual at home so why not here...
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #603
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
We're hitting Hollywood studios again today, after the unsuccessful visit earlier in the week, and DH is playing golf
DS wants to do Jedi training academy which you need to register for so I'll be running to do that at 9am.
Then fastpass Toy Story Midway Mania, waits get very long for this

I cancelled a few of our ADR's, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef and House of Blues. We got sickof racing to get somewhere for dinner or whatever meal it is, dinner is pretty casual at home so why not here...
Hope you got the Jedi training and TSM sorted out! Last week we were at the HS gates by 8.25. Go to the far right turnstile and it's usually the shortest. We were able to fastpass and ride TSM with minimal waits, I love September crowds!

Andona
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #604
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Day started off badly

DS and I got dropped off at Hollywood Studio's at 8:40 heaps of people already
We're walking to the gate and DS is being a grumpy little so and so
I'm trying to perk him up, keep mentioning Jedi training and TSM, he's giving me nothing
I manage to get him into Jedi training for 12:40, we get a fastpass for TSM, go n the backlot tour, get off and he says "I don't feel well"
Proceeds to vomit into the garden
I ask him if he wants to go home, nope.
We sit for awhile, the look at a new lanyard (star wars of course) and pins, grab them, then amazingly he feels better.

To be continued...
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #605
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran
 
Travel Mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,406

Oh BecPee, what a bummer....
__________________
************************************************** *************************
Disneyland - September 2014
Walt Disney World - Sep/Oct 2011 our first WDW trip (POR) plus our Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #606
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

I'm back

So yes, new pintrading lanyard and pins and he feels better
Obviously something wasn't right but now it's like there was never anything wrong
Photos with Sully and Mike Wazowski
We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids play area and he's running around Like a cut snake.
Muppets 3D, then photos with Lightning McQueen and Mater.
So far so good.
Headed for a quick service lunch, burger for me and nuggets for him, he wants to eat so he must be feeling better
Then Jedi training, it was so good to see him do it, he'd been talking about it for ages! The photo pass photographer took photos which you can add to your photo pass account
Then TSM with fastpass, we collected our FP's just after we signed up for Jedi training and the actual standby line then was a 50 minute wait FP's were depleted by the time we returned for our ride at 1:15
We looked around at some merchandise, I haven bought a lot (but I have bought a few pins )
After all this DS says he wants to ride splash mountain, it was a very hot day, so we got the bus to MK and ran and got FP's for it then used a snack credit, rode space mountain, went in the water spray things in Fantasyland (I wasn't the only adult ) then walked back to Splash and it started to spit, then we get to splash and walk up the steps, look outside and it is bucketing
So we rode it anyway we were always going to get wet anyway.
We thought we'd leave after that, saturated, tired, but overall a successful day after the initial chucking
Headed to The Cheesecake factory for dinner, we all had just an appetizer which was quite enough then got cheesecake to go
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #607
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,869

Aside from the up-chuck, sounds like you had a great day.

Have an extra cheesecake for me.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #608
Melbourne5
DIS Veteran
 
Melbourne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee
I'm back

So yes, new pintrading lanyard and pins and he feels better
Obviously something wasn't right but now it's like there was never anything wrong
Photos with Sully and Mike Wazowski
We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids play area and he's running around Like a cut snake.
Muppets 3D, then photos with Lightning McQueen and Mater.
So far so good.
Headed for a quick service lunch, burger for me and nuggets for him, he wants to eat so he must be feeling better
Then Jedi training, it was so good to see him do it, he'd been talking about it for ages! The photo pass photographer took photos which you can add to your photo pass account
Then TSM with fastpass, we collected our FP's just after we signed up for Jedi training and the actual standby line then was a 50 minute wait FP's were depleted by the time we returned for our ride at 1:15
We looked around at some merchandise, I haven bought a lot (but I have bought a few pins )
After all this DS says he wants to ride splash mountain, it was a very hot day, so we got the bus to MK and ran and got FP's for it then used a snack credit, rode space mountain, went in the water spray things in Fantasyland (I wasn't the only adult ) then walked back to Splash and it started to spit, then we get to splash and walk up the steps, look outside and it is bucketing
So we rode it anyway we were always going to get wet anyway.
We thought we'd leave after that, saturated, tired, but overall a successful day after the initial chucking
Headed to The Cheesecake factory for dinner, we all had just an appetizer which was quite enough then got cheesecake to go
Admire your energy and healing powers!
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Operation Carsland ( DLR - Hilton Anaheim & Universal- Hilton Universal City)
2011 Operation East Coast WDW (Grand Floridian)+Universal(Hard Rock Hotel)+NYC
2010 Operation California & Vegas DLR (Grand Californian)+San Diego+ Las Vegas
2009 Operation USA DLR (Sheraton)
Melbourne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #609
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!
 
dabecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 815

After a start like that you had a really full day - glad to hear he felt better quickly
__________________


Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #610
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran
 
Ms. Shuttergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,041

Wow, a bumpy start turned into an awesome day. You truly have amazing staying power and are such a trooper. Good for you. I'm so glad your son was seriously ill. Sometimes a boy just needs to chuck .

Where is the Cheesecake Factory located?
__________________


Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #611
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Wow, a bumpy start turned into an awesome day. You truly have amazing staying power and are such a trooper. Good for you. I'm so glad your son was seriously ill. Sometimes a boy just needs to chuck .

Where is the Cheesecake Factory located?
chuck is the least of my problem, today beat the up chuck a treat
We went to IHOP for brunch, lazy day, it was close to midday and we're sitting there waiting for our order.
Sitting in a booth and my DS is sitting up on his knees, leaning on the table then whispers across the table "oh my God, I just did poo"
I'm all like "um what? What do you mean you just did poo?"
"I just did it" and he proceeds to run to the restroom, DH chasing him and I'm waiting for it to run down his shorts leg or something
The order comes while they're in the restroom and I sit there eating like nothing weird is going on and the boys return.
My DH says "I threw his jocks out, but I made him wipe it up himself"
They then sat there and ate their brunch

Why me?

The cheesecake factory is at Mall at Millenia, but it is a chain, check out their website, the menus very extensive and very reasonably priced.
DH and I both had appetizers for dinner and still got the cheesecake to go, their main size meals are enormous.

We headed to T-Rex tonight, great meal, I had a rib and chicken combo, didn't eat the fries, but it came with a side of veggies which I did eat
All the while we ate there is a child of about 3 sitting in a stroller at the table across from us, facing us (not facing her family), and she continuously coughed through the meal, coughing pretty much at us not covering her mouth, and of course her family couldn't see her coughing, drives me bonkers.
Do people not teach their kids to cough into their elbow or arm???

No parks for us today, though maybe DS was feeling a little off color
Narcoossees for dinner tomorrow!
Magic Kingdom for maybe the last time
Sunday, no plans as yet.
Monday, heading to New York City
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #612
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,869

Looks like you've got it from both ends now from DS. I guess you could call that your own personal double barrel shotgun.


Sorry DS is off-colour...but at least you can LMAO (still).


Hope he feels better soon.


(Can I cough now??)
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #613
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Looks like you've got it from both ends now from DS. I guess you could call that your own personal double barrel shotgun.


Sorry DS is off-colour...but at least you can LMAO (still).


Hope he feels better soon.


(Can I cough now??)


All I could do was laugh or I'd have lost my $hit
We all had a sleep yesterday afternoon so hopefully today will be betteraftera rest day

Cough away, I'll hide under the table
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #614
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!
 
dabecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 815

How awful for you! And poor DS Hope that is the end of it.

On a more pleasant topic how were the pancakes?
__________________


Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #615
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
How awful for you! And poor DS Hope that is the end of it.

On a more pleasant topic how were the pancakes?
Well, me and IHOP, we're besties, we're like peas and carrots, like Forrest and Jenny, like Batman and Robin, like...I guess you probably get it

The pancakes were great
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: