Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #811
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer
 
NorCalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Redwoods
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hey Cindy, the only medium I had left in the purple already has glitter on it.
Do you still want it?
YES! It was just the pink one I didn't want blinged since it will probably be fairly big on me and may end up being jammies after the meet.
__________________
NorCalGal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #812
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
YES! It was just the pink one I didn't want blinged since it will probably be fairly big on me and may end up being jammies after the meet.
Ok, just making sure!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #813
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'll be there also. Do you want one of the wrist ones? I usually get one and put $$$ on it to use at the booths but it's just as easy to get 2 if you'd like one. And since we only live a couple of miles from each other it'll be easy to get it to you. We could always meet at Michaels!!!
HOw fun!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #814
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer
 
NorCalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Redwoods
Posts: 215

Let's see if I can post pictures!

Okay, I have been having a horrible day as far as tech issues go, but I braved the photobucket experience, so let's see if I can post pictures!

Here are my BFF's on our Girl's Only trip in October - notice our tiaras!!! Unfortunately, we gave them all to Kathy, who has a 9YO DD.

Here I am at WDW with my DB's fiance and her DD (it was her fourth birthday!)

Here are Nancy and I on the Lilly Belle on Feb 29th, 2012 (yep, we stayed for the full 24 hours.)
__________________
NorCalGal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #815
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I feel your pain. I've been out of work for 8 months. Try not to get down, and keep yourself busy. I apply for everything I can find every week day, help out my parents and spend weekends hiking (it's free and fun and great exercise). Keeping active helps avoid depression for me. And something will come up, it has to.
I was seriously depressed the first few weeks. I was so tired I didn't want to get out of bed. Things are working out for now but I'm frustrated that society deemed it necessary for me to go to college and now there are no jobs. So sucky.

I found exercise to help a lot! I'm also hired on as my parents' housekeeper so I'm doing some serious cleaning projects that leave me tired at the end of the day. But I feel accomplished because I can see a visible difference in my 'job'. It's very rewarding.

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement. I do have an interview with Macy's next week. It will most likely be seasonal but I hope I get hired on and get a lot of hours.
__________________
disney-inspired is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #816
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Okay, I have been having a horrible day as far as tech issues go, but I braved the photobucket experience, so let's see if I can post pictures!

Here are my BFF's on our Girl's Only trip in October - notice our tiaras!!! Unfortunately, we gave them all to Kathy, who has a 9YO DD.

Here I am at WDW with my DB's fiance and her DD (it was her fourth birthday!)

Here are Nancy and I on the Lilly Belle on Feb 29th, 2012 (yep, we stayed for the full 24 hours.)
What nice pictures Cindy.

PS- What does DB stand for? Dear Brother?

I even looked up Hydroguys Stickey on Abbreviations. LOL.......
__________________

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-27-2012 at 10:38 PM.
tinkermell is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #817
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I was seriously depressed the first few weeks. I was so tired I didn't want to get out of bed. Things are working out for now but I'm frustrated that society deemed it necessary for me to go to college and now there are no jobs. So sucky.

I found exercise to help a lot! I'm also hired on as my parents' housekeeper so I'm doing some serious cleaning projects that leave me tired at the end of the day. But I feel accomplished because I can see a visible difference in my 'job'. It's very rewarding.

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement. I do have an interview with Macy's next week. It will most likely be seasonal but I hope I get hired on and get a lot of hours.
Hang in there!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #818
CamoMama
DIS Veteran
 
CamoMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 1,221

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I was seriously depressed the first few weeks. I was so tired I didn't want to get out of bed. Things are working out for now but I'm frustrated that society deemed it necessary for me to go to college and now there are no jobs. So sucky.

I found exercise to help a lot! I'm also hired on as my parents' housekeeper so I'm doing some serious cleaning projects that leave me tired at the end of the day. But I feel accomplished because I can see a visible difference in my 'job'. It's very rewarding.

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement. I do have an interview with Macy's next week. It will most likely be seasonal but I hope I get hired on and get a lot of hours.

Good luck! Often seasonal positions can turn into full time.

I'm doing renovations for my parents, so I know what you mean. I'll be painting their kitchen pretty soon, was supposed to do it last weekend but came down with the stomach flu.

I've got several applications in that will be closing next week, so I should be hearing something soon, and then I should be scheduling testing. Yay.
__________________

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
CamoMama is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #819
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,479

Cindy great pics! I just saw that you are going to be at DL over New Year's. We will be as well. Would love to say hi if you like. Just let me know.

TGIF and have a great Friday/weekend everyone!
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #820
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

"DisDivaland "

zippered
sweatshirt
hoodies
being
offered
now!

Totally optional, as always.

PM me for details.
__________________

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.
tinkermell is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #821
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer
 
NorCalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Redwoods
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
What nice pictures Cindy.

PS- What does DB stand for? Dear Brother?

I even looked up Hydroguys Stickey on Abbreviations. LOL.......
Yes, DB is Dear Brother. So, I guess you guys should know that sometimes I just make things up. It seemed reasonable to me. Is brother supposed to be something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Cindy great pics! I just saw that you are going to be at DL over New Year's. We will be as well. Would love to say hi if you like. Just let me know.

TGIF and have a great Friday/weekend everyone!
That would be great! How long are you going to be there? I'm arriving on the 30th and leaving Jan 5th.
__________________
NorCalGal is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #822
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,278

It's Friday.......thank GOD! lol This past month has been crazy busy for me. Work today, work tonight, fun tomorrow, fun Sunday......that's my weekend....LOL I don't have class Sunday night but will Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me, Cassidy is in a drawing for a $500 gift from her teacher towards her band dues, there aren't that many kids in the drawing so if she wins it will be AMAZING!!!!! It would be great if she did!
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #823
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,479

Cindy that is almost the exact time we are going to be there!! We are driving down on the 29th but will be staying up in Simi Valley and going to the Regan Museum on the 30th but will arrive in Annaheim sometime that evening. We then plan to be in the park all day of the 31st as that is my daughter's birthday. If you will be in the park that day I don't anticipate us riding much. We plan to have a nice long lunch and dinner and just "hang out" as much as possible before the fireworks.

My mom will be with me and she comes on the ladies trips as well.

Then we won't be in the parks on the 1st as we are going up to view the rose parade floats but then we will be in the parks w-f and driving home on Sat.

So feel free to pm me and I can give you my number and maybe we can meet for a coke or coffee or whatever.
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #824
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer
 
NorCalGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the Redwoods
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Then we won't be in the parks on the 1st as we are going up to view the rose parade floats but then we will be in the parks w-f and driving home on Sat.

So feel free to pm me and I can give you my number and maybe we can meet for a coke or coffee or whatever.
That's so funny that we're there on the same dates and have kind of similar plans - although maybe not so odd since we're on a Disney forum! I live in Eureka, and I fly down on the 30th - haven't made my reservations yet so I don't know when I arrive. I won't be in the parks on the 31st because I want to spend the day with my uncle who is driving over from Vegas, but will try to get over to watch the fireworks later. My uncle is staying with a friend in Long Beach, and they are going to attend the Rose Parade! I will be in the parks on the 1st, hoping that at least in the morning the crowds will be small. I'll PM you my phone number, so maybe we can meet for a snack W - F. I fly home on Saturday. It will be nice to meet a Dis'er. My uncle may be with me, if I can talk him into it. He loves WDW, and goes with me whenever I go, but doesn't seem overly interested in DL
__________________
NorCalGal is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #825
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube
 
VintageDisneyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 1,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Here are Nancy and I on the Lilly Belle on Feb 29th, 2012 (yep, we stayed for the full 24 hours.)
Nice pictures! I only seem to be able to post one, when I go back to Photobucket to get another, then come back here my first one is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Totally optional, as always.

PM me for details.
Is this the pink tee design? Would it be on the front or the back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
We are driving down on the 29th but will be staying up in Simi Valley and going to the Regan Museum
Sarah and I want to go to the museum for the Disney exhibit. Maybe we can meet up with you. Did you buy your tickets already or can you just buy at the door?
__________________
,
VintageDisneyRules is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.