Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #2221
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Ok...so after spending most of yesterday trying to actually do something I wanted to do without being rushed through it and then sitting there while everyone else did what they wanted, I got railroaded into 150 dollar dinner for my friend's dad's bday. Then I let myself get suckered into a timeshare presentation. They were 30 minutes late and when we got to the place they were rude and informed us that the 90 minute presentation we were told was going to happen would actually not start until some guy came to get us (who knows how long that would take) then we would get breakfast before the 90 minute presentation! At this rate it would be 11:00 before we got to shades of green to buy our military tickets. So we had to talk to a manager after being ignored by the spanish speaking check in ladies (yes, ma'am I do speak spanish....and no ma'am I don't care why your boyfriend missed dinner yestrday, thank you very much!) Now DH and I are using the time to go get tickets and hopefully manage a nice breakfast at the kona cafe. We kinda have to go the long way since the driver hs no idea where shades of green is so we are getting dropped off at MK! On a lighter note I found I actually do like butterbeer!
Wait, you had to walk to or from Shades of Green to MK??? I mean they are in the same area but by foot that's a bit much considering a bus could/ should take you. That's where we always stayed, but of course I am grown now so no more military stuff for me
Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #2222
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
So yesterday was insane....I am pretty sure I spent most of the day going " I wanted to do that actually, but....." so hopefully AK will be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Ok...so after spending most of yesterday trying to actually do something I wanted to do without being rushed through it and then sitting there while everyone else did what they wanted, I got railroaded into 150 dollar dinner for my friend's dad's bday. Then I let myself get suckered into a timeshare presentation. They were 30 minutes late and when we got to the place they were rude and informed us that the 90 minute presentation we were told was going to happen would actually not start until some guy came to get us (who knows how long that would take) then we would get breakfast before the 90 minute presentation! At this rate it would be 11:00 before we got to shades of green to buy our military tickets. So we had to talk to a manager after being ignored by the spanish speaking check in ladies (yes, ma'am I do speak spanish....and no ma'am I don't care why your boyfriend missed dinner yestrday, thank you very much!) Now DH and I are using the time to go get tickets and hopefully manage a nice breakfast at the kona cafe. We kinda have to go the long way since the driver hs no idea where shades of green is so we are getting dropped off at MK! On a lighter note I found I actually do like butterbeer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Asked the monorail driver if he had transportation cards. He said they are on backorder. Boooooo!
Holy cow that is insane, everything has got to go uphill from here

Keep asking for the cards, I've heard that excuse before, sometimes they really are on backorder, but sometimes it's just the nice way of saying they don't have any

OK what is butter beer , this might be something to drink with a pound of bacon

What timeshare was this, the last 2 times that we checked into my inlaws timeshare and were asked when we would like to the presentation, we told them we refuse to go to one and we heard no more about it
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #2223
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you
 
Cinderella's Fella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland, Land of Merry!
Posts: 13,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Holy cow that is insane, everything has got to go uphill from here

Keep asking for the cards, I've heard that excuse before, sometimes they really are on backorder, but sometimes it's just the nice way of saying they don't have any

OK what is butter beer , this might be something to drink with a pound of bacon

What timeshare was this, the last 2 times that we checked into my inlaws timeshare and were asked when we would like to the presentation, we told them we refuse to go to one and we heard no more about it
Butterbeer is from Harry Potter. Really Ron, you need to join us in the 21st century.
__________________
DW Jodi Me Randall DISDads Chief Bacon Officer!



Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #2224
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Butterbeer is from Harry Potter. Really Ron, you need to join us in the 21st century.
Never saw any of the movies or read the books, how would I know about it
I haven't been to US in 9 years, got mad about the way people fly through the parking garage, almost saw a family get wiped out, it rubbed me the wrong way and we haven't gone back.

I'll stay loyal to the main scorcerer of the Orlando area
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #2225
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer
 
Xclusive2WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Here you go:



Ron, you might want to peek at these too!
Thanks so much!
Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #2226
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMudduck View Post
3 days to go...please throw in a suggestion for my 1 TS credit left.
ADR- Boma's, Tutto Italia, Artist Pointe (2x), Narcoossee's (2x)
Have A GREAT Time
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #2227
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer
 
stitchywoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LaLa land....yep. California I love you!
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

That doesn't sounds fun. Hope it gets better.
Its been special! Hahahaha. A comedy of errs and testy people. As of right now we are stuck on the people mover because some lady decided to jump out and cut up her foot and leg. Its been 30 minutes andthey are starting to evacuate. But tonight DH and I are having a nice lunch at flyin fish cafe just the 2 of us....so yay!
__________________
Stitchywoman- DH- DD13- Angel- Khel- Oreo- Thumper-
August 2008-Disneymoon at AKL
August 2010-Anniversary, Birthday, First trip at POR
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!






"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #2228
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!
 
MaMudduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ptbo, Canada
Posts: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Have A GREAT Time
Thank you, tonight is crunch night...suitcases, house,etc. and a full day of work tomorrow (or should I say a full day of hell), 3 hour drive to buffalo, but Sat AM will be worth it all. just feeling a little stressed and not wanting to do anything else but sit on the couch & play on the DIS board.
__________________
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14 , 2nd Solo trip-Nov '14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #2229
DISNEYSQUIRRELS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5

I am laughing & learning alot about myself!. I'm confused Doesn't everyone arrive at least an hour early...read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover, have spreadsheets that map out every day, resies made with coordinating confirm #'s, detailed notes of pictues you want to take this time, force feed their kiddies sugar to keep the party going, etc, etc? How do you make it onto the commando list-I think might qualify-LOL
DISNEYSQUIRRELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #2230
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Its been special! Hahahaha. A comedy of errs and testy people. As of right now we are stuck on the people mover because some lady decided to jump out and cut up her foot and leg. Its been 30 minutes andthey are starting to evacuate. But tonight DH and I are having a nice lunch at flyin fish cafe just the 2 of us....so yay!
Glad you had a great lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYSQUIRRELS View Post
I am laughing & learning alot about myself!. I'm confused Doesn't everyone arrive at least an hour early...read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover, have spreadsheets that map out every day, resies made with coordinating confirm #'s, detailed notes of pictues you want to take this time, force feed their kiddies sugar to keep the party going, etc, etc? How do you make it onto the commando list-I think might qualify-LOL
Sounds like you are in the right place. Our leader will be around and give you a number.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #2231
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Its been special! Hahahaha. A comedy of errs and testy people. As of right now we are stuck on the people mover because some lady decided to jump out and cut up her foot and leg. Its been 30 minutes andthey are starting to evacuate. But tonight DH and I are having a nice lunch at flyin fish cafe just the 2 of us....so yay!
You got to be kidding Where are these people coming from, I sure hope your dinner was a chance to get your sanity back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYSQUIRRELS View Post
I am laughing & learning alot about myself!. I'm confused Doesn't everyone arrive at least an hour early...read the Unofficial Guide cover to cover, have spreadsheets that map out every day, resies made with coordinating confirm #'s, detailed notes of pictues you want to take this time, force feed their kiddies sugar to keep the party going, etc, etc? How do you make it onto the commando list-I think might qualify-LOL
You are member #218I like the idea of pictures you want to take, I might have to make a list for the next trip
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #2232
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

I put together our rough plan for Nov

11/4 - Seaworld (depending on what time we get to Orlando & checked in
- Bongos 4:55
- MK AAA Wishes viewing

11/5 - Epcot, AAA Story Time at 10:45 (after story time will probably leave and go to AK)
- Ohanna's 5:10
- HS EMH

11/6 - AK till noon
- Lecellier 1:20
- Epcot

11/7 - HS
- Teppen Edo 4:00
- Epcot EMH, catch the Dennis DeYoung concert

11/8 - MK EMH, Haircut at noon at Harmony Barbershop
- Boma 4:55
- undecided

11/9 - AK EMH till noon
- T-Rex 1:30
- MK MVMCP

11/10 - Ohana breakfast 7:35
- MK till 11:30
- head home

Any nights there are no EMH"S will be in DTD after park closes
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #2233
stitchywoman
Mouseketeer
 
stitchywoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LaLa land....yep. California I love you!
Posts: 205

Dinner was wonderful. It was so nice to get to spend time away and get dressed up. Yesterday at EPCOT was rough.... everyone was in a really bad mood. We lose half our party every day because they get tired and ummmm not happy? It's too hot, too cold...too this, too that.....need food...so yeah... today we are Universal and tomorrow we head home. I am actually excited...hahahaha...but my friend DH and I have been busy and have gotten to ride everything we wanted atleast once! Plus I got a Kringla even though I was sick yesterday so it made the day better. I finally got to see east coast fantasmic and I like california's better. So if any of you guys head out that way let me know I will gladly tour guide you!
__________________
Stitchywoman- DH- DD13- Angel- Khel- Oreo- Thumper-
August 2008-Disneymoon at AKL
August 2010-Anniversary, Birthday, First trip at POR
September 2012-first trip staying offsite and mixing families!






"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."
Henry Ward Beecher
stitchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #2234
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
Dinner was wonderful. It was so nice to get to spend time away and get dressed up. Yesterday at EPCOT was rough.... everyone was in a really bad mood. We lose half our party every day because they get tired and ummmm not happy? It's too hot, too cold...too this, too that.....need food...so yeah... today we are Universal and tomorrow we head home. I am actually excited...hahahaha...but my friend DH and I have been busy and have gotten to ride everything we wanted atleast once! Plus I got a Kringla even though I was sick yesterday so it made the day better. I finally got to see east coast fantasmic and I like california's better. So if any of you guys head out that way let me know I will gladly tour guide you!
Glad you had a Great dinner and your getting to ride the rides you wanted to do, It looks like you called it right on how things would go with the group, but I think if they ever all go again they would be much more open to any input you may have
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2235
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,887

This weekend we drove to Busch Gardens VA for Holloscream, And I will admit I cheated BIG TIME, with only 1 day there I wanted to make sure we did everything, with all the scare zones starting at 6pm and the park closing at 10, I had to level the playing field, since our passes were used so much this year and we were way ahead of the game I decided to buy the Quick Queue Unlimited, let us skip the up 90min wait and walked right in, we did all the scare zones twice plus saw a couple shows twice, I know from past visits we would most likely miss at least one with the time allotted, so to get to do everything twice made it worth it
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: