Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #31
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour

Glad you enjoyed.

Hope you enjoy the October one aswell - that was a 14 night holiday - we did a couple of character meals but mostly offsite eating.
I read it earlier today - thanks Really enjoyed it! I just have one question though - you know when you say you froze cheese and ham wraps and brought them in the cool bag to the parks along with other snacks and frozen bottles of water? Well how did you keep the wraps from getting sodden with the water? Might seem like a really silly question but DH asked how I planned on doing that and I didn't have an answer for him
Main stops on next trip will include our usual Perkins for breakfast, must try that Bob Evans place you mentioned too! Also must do Ohana for dinner! It will be DH and I 2nd wedding anniversary while we're there so want to save somewhere nice for that night Have to try Friendlys too! Been in Orlando 6 times and haven't ate there once! Ooh and I showed DH a pic off one of your DDP TRs where you guys had a mint choc sundae from Ghiradelli and he was salivating at the thought of it so he has said we *must* do there lol!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #32
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I've loved looking through all this. The surprise (to me) star of the show is breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

What an adorable photo of your little princess outside Fultons.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Just read this again - we are trying for $120 per day but we won't be having children's meals as DD is now 13. I think we'll manage most days but not when we eat at the likes of O'Hanas!!

We have an ADR for Park Plaza at MK on Christmas Eve and am really looking forward to it. This year we are not doing a character meal as no one seemed bothered - apart from me that is
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #34
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
I read it earlier today - thanks Really enjoyed it! I just have one question though - you know when you say you froze cheese and ham wraps and brought them in the cool bag to the parks along with other snacks and frozen bottles of water? Well how did you keep the wraps from getting sodden with the water? Might seem like a really silly question but DH asked how I planned on doing that and I didn't have an answer for him
Main stops on next trip will include our usual Perkins for breakfast, must try that Bob Evans place you mentioned too! Also must do Ohana for dinner! It will be DH and I 2nd wedding anniversary while we're there so want to save somewhere nice for that night Have to try Friendlys too! Been in Orlando 6 times and haven't ate there once! Ooh and I showed DH a pic off one of your DDP TRs where you guys had a mint choc sundae from Ghiradelli and he was salivating at the thought of it so he has said we *must* do there lol!
Glad you enjoyed reading.

For the wraps I made 3 wraps - ham, sliced cheese eg provolone bit of butter to stick together cut them in half and wrapped in cling film. I froze them. Makes a block like a freezer block. Then in the morning wrapped the block in kitchen roll and popped at the bootom of our small cool bag. Then put crisps, fruit on top and a bottle of water frozen. By lunch wraps were edible but still cool. Hope that makes sense.

The wraps in walmart are in the fridge near the packets of ham and cheese.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #35
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I've loved looking through all this. The surprise (to me) star of the show is breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

What an adorable photo of your little princess outside Fultons.
Thanks for reading. Cracker barrel was inspired by Julie - the week before we went she had a LIVE thread on the DIS and it was a case of I'm having THAT next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
Just read this again - we are trying for $120 per day but we won't be having children's meals as DD is now 13. I think we'll manage most days but not when we eat at the likes of O'Hanas!!

We have an ADR for Park Plaza at MK on Christmas Eve and am really looking forward to it. This year we are not doing a character meal as no one seemed bothered - apart from me that is
We found it very much evened out over the trip - some days were budget busting but others cheaper. Plaza on Christmas Eve sounds lovely...we are thinking of trying xmas in 2013.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour

Glad you enjoyed reading.

For the wraps I made 3 wraps - ham, sliced cheese eg provolone bit of butter to stick together cut them in half and wrapped in cling film. I froze them. Makes a block like a freezer block. Then in the morning wrapped the block in kitchen roll and popped at the bootom of our small cool bag. Then put crisps, fruit on top and a bottle of water frozen. By lunch wraps were edible but still cool. Hope that makes sense.

The wraps in walmart are in the fridge near the packets of ham and cheese.
Thanks so much Makes perfect sense! Love those budget busting tips I've always been wary as to whether you can bring food into the parks or not so we've always erred on the side of caution! Now that I know better it'll save money for some nicer meals out!
The first year we ever did WDW we were there for Xmas, its a must do!! And we really must do it again once DS is old enough for Santa etc! Your DD (and yourself!) would love it!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: