Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #616
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicBilynn View Post
I'm working on my FE gifts for my upcoming cruise and I was wondering if anyone had any good pictures of the Magic logo like the one on the side of the ship or on the back of the ship that I would be able to print out. I've scoured Google , but can't find a really good picture ! Any help would be so appreciated
Milliepie (a DISigner on the boards here) has some. You can find her in the Magnet thread. She has a link in her signature to her photobucket and 4shared files.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #617
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Hi Corinna, I had these saved last year...and lost them when my laptop crashed.Would you be a dear and pm them to me too. TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post
I would love the Hidden Mickey design as well! Another element to surprise my kiddos with for Christmas... thanks so much in advance!
You have PMs.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #618
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Corinna is the best! These will be perfect for my project!
I really appreciate it!
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #619
mywifelovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Hi - can someone tell a person with no creative abiliity where I can find some cool stuff to put on our cabin door? Wanted to surprise my wife. Thanks
mywifelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #620
TracyJAE
Mouseketeer

content deleted by TracyJAE

2013 August 28-September 2 WDW & Caribbean Beach Resort
2012 December 9-13 1st Disney Cruise on Dream

Last edited by TracyJAE; 10-01-2012 at 10:28 AM.
TracyJAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #621
kelmarie66
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="TracyJAE"]

Disney Door Magnets
http://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney%...ax=0&ref=auto3

It's a shame people are making money off of designs that were created and shared by someone FOR FREE and now others have essentially stolen them and are charging for them.

Kelly
DH = Barry
DD = Julia ('98)
DS = Charlie ('05)
WDW
1st visit = Golf Resort 1978, c. 1983, Honeymoon = Poly 1992 (including the Big Red Boat), 1996 WL, 1997 Off-property, 2001 FW Cabin, 2006 SSR, 2007 BCV/OKW, 2009 AKV Kidani, Christmas 2010 SSR
DCL
1st cruise = WC on the Magic 2003 (also joined DVC on board), Member Cruise on the Wonder 2007, Concierge on the Magic to EC 2009, NYC/Canada on the Magic Sept 2012, EC on the Fantasy August 2013, B2B Bahamas on the NEW Magic April 2014, EC on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2015
kelmarie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #622
grandpawelch8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy's fan View Post
Corinna, would you mind PM me the Hidden Mickey images? I love these necklaces!!! You are very creative!

Leanne
Corinna, I know you have been asked many times but could you please PM me the Hidden Mickey images and how you created the necklace! We are cruising on the Fantasy with our Granddaughters in June and they would be great.
grandpawelch8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #623
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

[QUOTE=kelmarie66;46315965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyJAE

Disney Door Magnets
http://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney%...ax=0&ref=auto3

It's a shame people are making money off of designs that were created and shared by someone FOR FREE and now others have essentially stolen them and are charging for them.
Some folks don't have access to a printer to make their own(or simply don't want to take the time or have the time to do them up themselves), I see nothing wrong with this. It takes a lot of ink and getting the sizing correct, not to mention buying special magnetic paper. If someone is willing to make them up and print them out and people want to pay someone for that service....why not?

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas
May 2013 Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #624
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mammacaryn;46316289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmarie66 View Post

Some folks don't have access to a printer to make their own(or simply don't want to take the time or have the time to do them up themselves), I see nothing wrong with this. It takes a lot of ink and getting the sizing correct, not to mention buying special magnetic paper. If someone is willing to make them up and print them out and people want to pay someone for that service....why not?
I haven't looked at what is being created but once people start making money from Disney items it is an infringement on Disney copywrites, something Disney takes very seriously.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #625
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

[QUOTE=DOPEYLUVER;46316486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post

I haven't looked at what is being created but once people start making money from Disney items it is an infringement on Disney copywrites, something Disney takes very seriously.
They(Disney) don't take it too seriously or you would have all the handmade fish extenders and Disney theme gifts that are handmade floating around on Ebay and Etsy

People are selling the same magnets that people have the graphics made to print up themselves. Somebody else is purchasing the magnetic photo paper and ink, and printing them up for them.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas
May 2013 Disney Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #626
kelmarie66
Mouseketeer

I believe they do take it seriously, and also think it's very costly to pursue and prosecute which is why u don't hear more about it. Not getting 'caught' doesn't make taking advantage of Disney right.

And 'special' magnetic paper is sold online and at most any office supply store (staples, Office Depot). And 'ink' and 'time' are just excuses in an attempt to justify what boils down to copyright infringement, if not theft.

Kelly
DH = Barry
DD = Julia ('98)
DS = Charlie ('05)
WDW
1st visit = Golf Resort 1978, c. 1983, Honeymoon = Poly 1992 (including the Big Red Boat), 1996 WL, 1997 Off-property, 2001 FW Cabin, 2006 SSR, 2007 BCV/OKW, 2009 AKV Kidani, Christmas 2010 SSR
DCL
1st cruise = WC on the Magic 2003 (also joined DVC on board), Member Cruise on the Wonder 2007, Concierge on the Magic to EC 2009, NYC/Canada on the Magic Sept 2012, EC on the Fantasy August 2013, B2B Bahamas on the NEW Magic April 2014, EC on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2015
kelmarie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #627
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpawelch8 View Post
Corinna, I know you have been asked many times but could you please PM me the Hidden Mickey images and how you created the necklace! We are cruising on the Fantasy with our Granddaughters in June and they would be great.
You have a PM.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #628
FAIREST1OFALL
DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

Hi all! Glad I found this thread. I'm hoping to join the FE exchange group for our 12/15 EC on the Fantasy. Great ideas!
FAIREST1OFALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #629
Debers17
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mammacaryn;46316718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPEYLUVER View Post

They(Disney) don't take it too seriously or you would have all the handmade fish extenders and Disney theme gifts that are handmade floating around on Ebay and Etsy

People are selling the same magnets that people have the graphics made to print up themselves. Somebody else is purchasing the magnetic photo paper and ink, and printing them up for them.
If you actually read through some of the listings, it actually states that you are just paying for the design file. You have to print it out yourself. I do not think this is right. I used Millipie's files for my magnets and FE gifts, but I am not making a profit off of it. If you want to help someone who doesn't know how to design, then do it free of charge...don't try to make a profit from it.

Cruised the Oct. 7, 2012 Dream sailing
Me DH Brian DS Noah (11) & DD Jenavieve (9)
BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!!
Debers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #630
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmarie66 View Post

A friend of mine designed an image (not Disney related) and posted it on his website with the intention that it be free of charge to anyone for personal use. But it ended up on one of those scuzzy sites that collect images, watermark them, and then charge a fee to download the original. It was a huge battle for him to get it off that stupid site, even though they had no special claim to it. So stealing someone else's original work is a pet peeve of mine.

That said, I've requested images on the DISign board here only to be asked for a "donation" after the fact. So at least the person selling their designs (hopefully they are their own designs and not blanks copied from someone else) is being up front about the fee.

In reality I think almost all the designs I've seen use Disney images in some way though, so it's not like the designers are coming up with completely unique artwork. I've never really understood the propietary attitude some folks have when they're basically layering images (albeit in creative and artistic ways) that were created by someone else in the first place. JMHO

OK, hopefully back to homemade FE gifts now...

cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: