Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
BYC
DIS Veteran

Where can I find info about renting a wheel chair?

Ideally, I would like to be able to rent a chair within the parks, but not have to take it on the bus back to the resort. My sister may be coming with us (plans are changing as we speak!), and because of multiple health issues, she may not be able to walk for hours on end. But, she can walk. We would like to be able to rent a chair if she feels like she is going to need it, but we don't want the trouble of loading it onto a bus, etc. How can I find out if this is doable, and what the cost might be?? Thanks!!
BYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Well the info is on the sticky in this thread- "all about disabilities, 1st trips, Wheelchairs..etc.)

However, I will give you the quick version. Yes, you can rent a wheelchair or an ECV at the park. You would take the bus as normal, go through security and get your tickets. Then, before you enter the park, on the very right there is a rental for strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs. ECV rental is $50 and you get back $10 I believe for turning it back in at the end of the day. Regular Manual Wheelchairs are $30 Rental with also a $10 back return guarantee. ECV's usually rent out by mid morning, so if you are going to go that route then you need to get there early. If you are going withe the WC, it is pretty much open and rentals available for the day.

Since you don't want to load it on the bus, renting from outside company does not seem to be a good option for you. Hope this helps!

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
BYC
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I did not see that sticky. Appreciate your help!
BYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: