Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Disney Fishing Excursion

We just returned from a trip to WDW. My son has been wanting to go fishing so I thought I would check out what the World has to offer. After getting some information about in WDW, I booked a trip for me, my son (14) and niece (25).

We had so much fun! It is a catch and release program for Bass fishing.

We decided to leave out of the Contemporary marina at 7am. They said that this is the best time to go since the boat traffic is at a minimum and the heat is not bad at this time.

Gary was our CM for the trip and he was wonderful! He is a retired gentleman with years of fishing experience so he was very helpful and fun to chat with.

We fished from a pontoon boat and caught lots of fish. I found it amazing that my son only had his pole in the water about 30 seconds before catching his first Bass.

Disney supplied all equipment and bait needed and also supplied beverages. It was a great day and something different to do. We all said we would definitely do it again.

Here is the information on the trips. They also offer a DVC discount.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fishing.htm
Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
isyace14
Earning My Ears

My wife and I went on the trip last January. We also had a lot of fun. However, we went on the Nitro trip where you are in an actual bass boat. This trip also does not allow live bait, just artificial lures. Now, not a Saturday goes by that I am not on the water fishing anyway, so with that said, I had fun, but I felt it was a bit overpriced for the amount of time you get. My wife on the other hand, had an absolute blast. We caught about 20-25 fish in a 4-hour trip. But, as many of my fishing friends would have said, "lot of fun, but no size." The fish were all in the 1-2 pound range, and for a Florida Largemouth bass, that is quite small.
It is my opinion that if you have kids or a spouse that doesn't get to fish much, it is a good option when you go down there. You are pretty much guaranteed to catch fish and no other lake in the world can say that. There is also not another lake in the world you can get a picture holding up a bass with the castle in the background. But if you are a regular bass fisherman, I wouldn't recommend it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: