Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
BrookeDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

Concierge DCP

Hey! has anyone done the concierge role yet? I am a little bit confused as to what the responsibilites are and how they differ from hospitality. Thanks!!

BrookeDoesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Hospitality - you'll be in a resort front desk role. Your main purpose will be to check-in and check-out guests.

Concierge - does everything Hospitality does, plus sell tickets, make dining/recreation/golf reservations, and in deluxe resorts, you may work in the Club Level Concierge lounge, serving food/beverage to the guests, and helping keep the lounge neat and tidy.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I wasn't sure what concierge was either but apparently it was one of my interests. At this point, I'll say yes to pretty much anything!!!!

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
BrookeDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseWolvrine View Post
Hospitality - you'll be in a resort front desk role. Your main purpose will be to check-in and check-out guests.

Concierge - does everything Hospitality does, plus sell tickets, make dining/recreation/golf reservations, and in deluxe resorts, you may work in the Club Level Concierge lounge, serving food/beverage to the guests, and helping keep the lounge neat and tidy.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to start working then!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
WDWisMyLaughingPlace
Earning My Ears

BrookeDoesDisney, if you don't mind me asking, are you majoring in Hospitality or anything similar to that? I am very very interested in the Concierge role for the Fall '13 program and I've heard that they predominantly take Hospitality majors for that particular role. My major is not related to Hospitality, so I'm hoping that I still have a shot at Concierge!!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what types of questions did they ask you about the Concierge role during your interview?

Thanks so much!!
WDWisMyLaughingPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

I interviewed on Wednesday night for CP, Concierge was my first choice...and got my acceptance on Friday!! Concierge role!!
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
WDWisMyLaughingPlace
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalKingdomDVC View Post
I interviewed on Wednesday night for CP, Concierge was my first choice...and got my acceptance on Friday!! Concierge role!!
Congrats!! That's so awesome that you got your acceptance so quickly!!!

If you don't mind, would you be able to answer the same questions that I asked BrookeDoesDisney? I am a Fall '13 hopeful and I am very very interested in applying for Concierge! Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

Well, my major is Geography, concentration of Travel/tourism...but she( interviewer) did not know that. I was not really asked too many questions once she saw my résumé. I am a mature adult student. So the fact of me booking travel for Disney and doing itineraries I am sure helped!
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
WDWisMyLaughingPlace
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalKingdomDVC View Post
Well, my major is Geography, concentration of Travel/tourism...but she( interviewer) did not know that. I was not really asked too many questions once she saw my résumé. I am a mature adult student. So the fact of me booking travel for Disney and doing itineraries I am sure helped!
I see! Thanks for the info!! And congrats again on your acceptance!

If anyone else has any insight into what can be asked in the interview about the Concierge role, I'd really appreciate it!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

My name is Ashley and I am a DCP alum in merchandise. I have had no hospitality experience and my major is psychology. Basically, I don't relate to Hospitality at all. However, I guess my interviewer thought I would be able to handle it smoothly because I'm going to be a college grad for pete's sake (I graduate in December!) so for Spring '13 I've accepted my offer in Hospitality. I feel so fortunate. That and concierge were my first choices.

However, I'm still confused on the hospitality description. I really want to do front desk things, but in the role description technically it says some of the responsibilities may include luggage room and dispatch. I thought that was a totally different role :/ I'd be kinda disappointed if I were doing dispatch instead of front desk.

Any former hospitality CMs know the likelihood of me doing front desk if I've accepted for Hospitality?
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program

Last edited by DisneyGirlie; 09-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
BrookeDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWisMyLaughingPlace View Post
BrookeDoesDisney, if you don't mind me asking, are you majoring in Hospitality or anything similar to that? I am very very interested in the Concierge role for the Fall '13 program and I've heard that they predominantly take Hospitality majors for that particular role. My major is not related to Hospitality, so I'm hoping that I still have a shot at Concierge!!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what types of questions did they ask you about the Concierge role during your interview?

Thanks so much!!
WDWisMyLaughingPlace, I am actually a Recreation, Travel and Tourism Major with a specialization in Event Management. I have taken a few hospitality classes though!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
BrookeDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWisMyLaughingPlace View Post
I see! Thanks for the info!! And congrats again on your acceptance!

If anyone else has any insight into what can be asked in the interview about the Concierge role, I'd really appreciate it!!

They will probably ask you something like have you ever been in an emergency situation and what did you do?

They also asked me what I would do if I was at the front desk and there was a guest in front of me and a phone ringing at the same time
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
hme91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeDoesDisney View Post
They will probably ask you something like have you ever been in an emergency situation and what did you do?

They also asked me what I would do if I was at the front desk and there was a guest in front of me and a phone ringing at the same time
BrookeDoesDisney, I had those exact same questions. And I was offered the concierge role too! I was so positive I was going to be in attractions, but I am very happy with Disney's decision! When are you arriving?!
hme91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
BrookeDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hme91 View Post
BrookeDoesDisney, I had those exact same questions. And I was offered the concierge role too! I was so positive I was going to be in attractions, but I am very happy with Disney's decision! When are you arriving?!
I am arriving January 14, you??
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
Lyanne and Stitch
Mouseketeer

Hello everybody! I figured I'd post here instead of starting a new thread.

I recently got accepted for Concierge for the FA 2013 season and I was hoping that maybe some alumni or cast members could share a bit of their experience in the role.
Like what was your favorite part of the role, a favorite memory, any advice? Things like that!

Lyanne and Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concierge, disney college program

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: