DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
disneyberry
dreaming of adventure
DVC Member 2003

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Told by MS that Non-Handicapped is not a valid room request

Over the years, my husband and I have really become a lot more laid back about the rooms we get staying at DVC resorts. We used to request things like building location or certain views and upper floor, but we just don't mind about any of those things anymore.

The one thing we have never been able to let go is how much we dislike being assigned to a handicapped-accessible room. That roll-in shower just makes the trip unpleasant with the bathroom being soaked. It also makes the general bathroom atmosphere not as nice as we'd like.

So for a number of years, our *one* room request has been to ask for a Non-Handicapped room. MS agents have always inputted that in, no questions asked. It seems like such a simple request.

Today, however, I spoke with someone at MS who absolutely insisted that that is not a request that can be made. She even insinuated that all the MS agents I have worked with in the past have just typed in the request without informing me that in actuality it will not be passed onto the resort.

She implied that because it was a non-standard request, the resort will never see it, and that they only see requests such as a specific room# or a certain floor. My guess is she meant the hard coded requests which might have a field or a drop down box or check box on the MS system.

She also told me that the more last minute you book your room, the more likely you will be put in a handicapped room.

In the end I did get her to agree to "type the request in even though the resort won't ever see it".

In any case just thought I'd share this information with DISers.
DLP Hotel Santa Fe + DLP Sequoia Lodge Jun 02 | Dolphin + Animal Kingdom Lodge + Boardwalk Villas Oct 02 |
USF Portofino Bay + Old Key West + Villas at Wilderness Lodge Jun 03 | Boardwalk Villas Nov 03 |
Port Orleans French Quarter May 04 | Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 05 | Beach Club Villas Mar 07 |
Swan Jun 07 *Got Engaged! | Boardwalk Villas Oct 07 | Coronado Springs + Beach Club Villas Aug 08 |
Coronado Springs + Boardwalk Villas Oct 08 *Our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding! | Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 10

Link to old DVC Points Transfer 101 Thread
Sorry! Too busy to update this old 2005 info.
disneyberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: