Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Help! Looking for a tree nut free bakery in orlando area!

Hi!

Looking for a nut free bakery to get a birthday cake at. We are looking for a safe birthday cake and Disney can not guarantee a safe cake and babycakes is not an option. Wondering if anyone knew of a bakery
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Hi!

Looking for a nut free bakery to get a birthday cake at. We are looking for a safe birthday cake and Disney can not guarantee a safe cake and babycakes is not an option. Wondering if anyone knew of a bakery
Sorry my 1 year old hit send before I finished. Basically I was wondering if anyone knew of a bakery that specialized in this in Orlando. Also Babycakes is not an option. Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Moving to Orlando Attractions as this is inquiring about an establishment outside WDW. You will get the knowledge of more offsite guests and more locals on that board. You may also wish to inquire on the DisABILITIES board.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Thank you I wasn't a 100% sure where to post it.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Anyone?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Anyone?
I don't know about any bakeries close to Disney but
if all else fails..... call Publix. They might have nut free birthday cakes....I always get my birthday cakes from Publix bakeries and they are very good. I have no idea if they are nut free but you could check....I am pretty sure they would make it to your specifications.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
bankr63
DIS Veteran

If there is no tolerance for cross contamination, I would suggest using a commercially prepared brand that you already trust. Very few bakeries will have the strict allergen protocol required. We buy most of our packaged baked goods for my Celiac DS at Whole Foods (Turkey Lake and Sand Lake - maybe 10 min from Disney by car). They have the best selection of brands for all kinds of specialty foods.

Honestly, taste may not be as good, but who wants to risk a reaction in the middle of a Disney vacation?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
If there is no tolerance for cross contamination, I would suggest using a commercially prepared brand that you already trust. Very few bakeries will have the strict allergen protocol required. We buy most of our packaged baked goods for my Celiac DS at Whole Foods (Turkey Lake and Sand Lake - maybe 10 min from Disney by car). They have the best selection of brands for all kinds of specialty foods.

Honestly, taste may not be as good, but who wants to risk a reaction in the middle of a Disney vacation?

Agreed. The whole cross contamination thing is so tricky. They were hoping to avoid that route, and hoping that Orlando being such a large city might have a specialty bakery. We have gone to that Whole Foods before and that is one of the options, prepackaged, bake something in the villa or there is a company in california that will ship cupcakes to your door from an allergen friendly kitchen. I figured if anyone knew anything it would be someone here and its was worth a try. Thanks everyone!! I do appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Agreed. The whole cross contamination thing is so tricky. They were hoping to avoid that route, and hoping that Orlando being such a large city might have a specialty bakery. We have gone to that Whole Foods before and that is one of the options, prepackaged, bake something in the villa or there is a company in california that will ship cupcakes to your door from an allergen friendly kitchen. I figured if anyone knew anything it would be someone here and its was worth a try. Thanks everyone!! I do appreciate the feedback.
Did you also post on the disAbilities board? Those posters are very familiar with allergy issues.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKMOM

Did you also post on the disAbilities board? Those posters are very familiar with allergy issues.
I was thinking about trying that later today thanks!