Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Our stitches experience in toon town

Just got home today from a fantastic 3 days in Disneyland/California adventure. Will post a trip report soon.

On our third day in Disneyland, we were just getting ready to leave toon town and grab some lunch when DD5 stopped to lift the dumb bell. She had her back to DH taking the picture, so I told her to go to the other side of it. Instead of going around it, she climbed/jumped over it, getting her foot hooked and banged her chin on the pavement (if you were in DL at 12:30pm yesterday, you probably heard her scream!) right away a CM came out of the toy shop and brought us to a shady spot to sit and wait for first aid. When they arrived, we were advised to take her to get stitches. So, instead of getting lunch, we got a cab and went to emerge. She was so calm, and only fussed a little when the dr took off the bandaid on her chin. 5 stitches and 3 and half hours later we were back in the park. We went right to pixi hollow since it was 4pm and we hadn't gotten tinker bell's autograph (when we went to see her Sunday morning we were told she was sleeping in, so we only saw periwinkle.) DDand DS fell asleep in the double stroller shortly after we got onto mainstreet, so we let them sleep while waiting in the 45 min line. I woke DD to see Tink, and she told Tink all about her adventure at the hospital. As we left pixi hollow, a cast member, Ivan, followed us and said he was sorry we missed some time on our last day and offered DD a front of the line pass to her favourite ride, so she chose splash mountain. We went to have dinner, since we missed lunch, and Ivan went and got us our pass and met us at dinner. He also surprised DD with a Stitch pin for being so brave when she got her stitches!

Being from Canada, I'm so glad we picked up travel medical insurance. I can't believe the medical bill! Luckily we'll get reimbursed.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose View Post
Just got home today from a fantastic 3 days in Disneyland/California adventure. Will post a trip report soon.

On our third day in Disneyland, we were just getting ready to leave toon town and grab some lunch when DD5 stopped to lift the dumb bell. She had her back to DH taking the picture, so I told her to go to the other side of it. Instead of going around it, she climbed/jumped over it, getting her foot hooked and banged her chin on the pavement (if you were in DL at 12:30pm yesterday, you probably heard her scream!) right away a CM came out of the toy shop and brought us to a shady spot to sit and wait for first aid. When they arrived, we were advised to take her to get stitches. So, instead of getting lunch, we got a cab and went to emerge. She was so calm, and only fussed a little when the dr took off the bandaid on her chin. 5 stitches and 3 and half hours later we were back in the park. We went right to pixi hollow since it was 4pm and we hadn't gotten tinker bell's autograph (when we went to see her Sunday morning we were told she was sleeping in, so we only saw periwinkle.) DDand DS fell asleep in the double stroller shortly after we got onto mainstreet, so we let them sleep while waiting in the 45 min line. I woke DD to see Tink, and she told Tink all about her adventure at the hospital. As we left pixi hollow, a cast member, Ivan, followed us and said he was sorry we missed some time on our last day and offered DD a front of the line pass to her favourite ride, so she chose splash mountain. We went to have dinner, since we missed lunch, and Ivan went and got us our pass and met us at dinner. He also surprised DD with a Stitch pin for being so brave when she got her stitches!

Being from Canada, I'm so glad we picked up travel medical insurance. I can't believe the medical bill! Luckily we'll get reimbursed.

aww thats so sweet...im glad it all worked out and your dd didnt get hurt worse than that AND she handled it like a BIG girl...
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
chickyann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose

Awww hope she gets well soon & I'm glad there was some Disney magic for her
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
smiles33
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad the story ended well! I also had to have stitches on my chin as a kid, but mine were due to jumping BACKWARDS into a pool and hitting the concrete ledge with my chin. I much prefer your DD5's story.

On an unrelated note, when I saw the thread title, I mis-read it and thought to myself, "Wow, Lilo and Stitch are in Toontown now?" LOL!
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Xenorye
Mouseketeer

Yikes! My daughter has also had stitches on the bottom of her chin... she was wrapped in a towel after a bath and fell off of her changing table. Wife just barely missed catching her and I'm pretty sure she still hasn't forgiven herself for being more than arms' length away.

That being said, when I read the thread title, I thought, "Oh, cute, she refers to her kiddo as Stitch... bet he/she's destructive."
Xenorye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
yaya74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose View Post

Fellow Canadian/BC-ian here. Everything here on the other side of the border is big, including the medical bill, which is something that we Canadians don't get often. You are so smart on getting that travel insurance. I hope your DD is recovering as we speak. I am also glad to know you have received some extra during your trip despite what happened to your DD.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
twinkletink
Earning My Ears

So glad it all turned out so well
twinkletink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

What a crazy last day at DL! My dd also had stitches in her chin-flipped out if the cart in Home Depot w/ dh . Soo nice that CM made it a happy ending!! Love that about DL!

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
julieheyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

A Vacation always needs some drama... Glad she is ok.. and what a nice guy the CM is..
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: