Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
AshRose26
Earning My Ears

New

Hello everyone. I've got a ton of questions about planning our first family trip to Disney. This trip is going to happen next year from Dec 8-14th. Now the questions I've got start. Along with my hubby and two kids (boy 11 and girl 4), my parents are going and also my sister, her hubby, and daughter, 3yrs old. What resorts have two bedroom suites or is it better to choose individual rooms? I know we are staying for five days in the park with the park hopper option. Also, suggestions for the dining package? I see that right now there is a special being offered for this fall but do these normally happen next year too? Thanks so much for all the advice.
AshRose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

I am just planning my first trip now, so I have no advice to offer.
BUT I did want to say WELCOME!!!!!

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
AshRose26
Earning My Ears

Hello

Thanks so much for the welcome!!! I feel a little lost and overwhelmed but it looks like everyone on here is great. Good luck planning your trip.
AshRose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRose26 View Post
Hello everyone. I've got a ton of questions about planning our first family trip to Disney. This trip is going to happen next year from Dec 8-14th. Now the questions I've got start. Along with my hubby and two kids (boy 11 and girl 4), my parents are going and also my sister, her hubby, and daughter, 3yrs old. What resorts have two bedroom suites or is it better to choose individual rooms? I know we are staying for five days in the park with the park hopper option. Also, suggestions for the dining package? I see that right now there is a special being offered for this fall but do these normally happen next year too? Thanks so much for all the advice.
That's a lot of people to fit in a suite. You may be better off booking separate rooms. Which one depends on a variety of factors, including your pricepoint and what you want to do.

Whether or not the DDP will be of value to you depends on how many sit down meals you think your family will eat. The DDP is a LOT of food, that said, it's really nice to not have to worry about the cost of a meal if it's all paid in advance (except for gratuity). Also, character meals can be a good way to get photos/autographs with the characters without standing in line (if this is something you want). That said, many families don't like being overly scheduled, and dining reservations often force this.

Just think about your family, their habits, and you budget. The biggest piece of advice I can offer, it to absolutely go to Disney with a plan, but be flexible. Don't let your schedule rule your vacation (also, wear comfortable shoes).
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Regarding free dining, it has been offered that week in year's previous, but it's not guaranteed, so you'll have to keep checking. Go ahead and book your ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations) at the earliest opportunity (Particularly with a group as large as yours) because although the parks are less crowded during FD, ADRs are hard to come by because everyone is on the DDP.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote