Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
abdalums
Earning My Ears

Our boxes arrived and the countdown is on. We are just weeks away from our 07/20 adventure to Greece. Our family (me, DH, DD 15 and DS 13) is looking forward to our 5th adventure. Who is joining us?
abdalums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
runtabella
Earning My Ears

going to greece on july 20

we are going on the Greece ABD on July 20.

my husband and myself

my son and his wife - they are 25
runtabella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtabella View Post
we are going on the Greece ABD on July 20.

my husband and myself

my son and his wife - they are 25
Welcome to the ABD Forum, runtabella! You're on the same trip with abdalums, who has done a multitude of ABD's! This looks like a fabulous trip.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

We are at the tail end of our trip... Just one more day! Time just flew by and this has been one incredible adventure!!! To all those about to leave for this trip, prepare for the heat.

WeLoveABD and abbyjt will be contributing their trip report pretty soon, I am quite sure.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
We are at the tail end of our trip... Just one more day! Time just flew by and this has been one incredible adventure!!! To all those about to leave for this trip, prepare for the heat.

WeLoveABD and abbyjt will be contributing their trip report pretty soon, I am quite sure.
I am glad you are enjoying it. We loved it. I am looking forward to the trip reports.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
richflour
Mouseketeer

Just switched from Germany to the Greece trip on June 11-20th 2013. Will be daddy daughter (9) trip.
richflour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Soccermom-Cheri
one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please
oh, yes please, a big helping if Harrison Ford!
A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes!

DD 14 is dying to go to Greece next summer. Her father says it isn't safe for Westerners to go now and doesn't think the situation will change that much in a year. What do you all think? It would be just a mom-daughter trip. Obviously, you wouldn't all be going if you thought it was dangerous. Ideas? Thoughts?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
sandhya
Earning My Ears

Trust me Disney will not be doing a trip even if they think it is remotely dangerous. Their safety precautions are unbelievable. Example, we were on Viva Italia trip and we were in some fairly crowded places, like St. Peters Basilica, they will count us back and forth. Safety is their priority. My motto , If Disney goes, I go.
sandhya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Hey, NoraG! I talked to ABD today, and they told me that there are 19 people on our trip, and our Guides will be Landon (he was one of the Guides on my London/Paris ABD - Great Guide!) and a local gal named Stavrola (I may have the spelling wrong.)

Boxes should be going out in the next couple of days!

Whoohoo! Just a little under 5 weeks to go!

Sayhello
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Hey, NoraG! I talked to ABD today, and they told me that there are 19 people on our trip, and our Guides will be Landon (he was one of the Guides on my London/Paris ABD - Great Guide!) and a local gal named Stavrola (I may have the spelling wrong.)

Sayhello
That's a really small group!!

I'll pm you, sayhello before you go, to take note of certain things I'm curious of.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
That's a really small group!!

I'll pm you, sayhello before you go, to take note of certain things I'm curious of.
It's the perfect size.

I'll look for your PM.

Sayhello
Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #27
NoraG
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sayhello
That sounds great. I like that it will be small size. I can't wait until we get the boxes! When we first signed up I asked if there was an alternative to the backpack since we have ours from last year, but they said they've been redesigned so there's no option to trade it out yet. I'm excited to see what it looks like. I can't believe we only have about a month to go!!! I should start packing-and I'm only half kidding
NoraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
acndis
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Sayhello
Lucky you! I just told my son that Landon was back in Greece this summer and he was ready to cancel Ireland and head back to Greece. He loved Landon! Our other guide was Elena--could that have been her name? She was also AWESOME!

I am glad Landon can be your Kayaking partner. Hooray!
acndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraG View Post
That sounds great. I like that it will be small size. I can't wait until we get the boxes! When we first signed up I asked if there was an alternative to the backpack since we have ours from last year, but they said they've been redesigned so there's no option to trade it out yet. I'm excited to see what it looks like. I can't believe we only have about a month to go!!! I should start packing-and I'm only half kidding
The box always makes it seem more real. I have 3 backpacks. (The first year they gave us this massive, heavy messenger bag, that I would never carry on a trip!) But they told me, also, since they re-designed the backpacks, there's no choosing what you want. That's OK. I'll never have to buy a backpack again.

I'm trying to not think too much about packing just yet, because it's really intimidating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acndis View Post
Lucky you! I just told my son that Landon was back in Greece this summer and he was ready to cancel Ireland and head back to Greece. He loved Landon! Our other guide was Elena--could that have been her name? She was also AWESOME!

I am glad Landon can be your Kayaking partner. Hooray!
I do love Landon! The other guide was definitely not Elena. The poor ABD guy was having the worst time pronouncing her name, I hated to ask him to spell it. I'll let you know when I find out for sure

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 04-19-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #30
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The box always makes it seem more real. I have 3 backpacks. (The first year they gave us this massive, heavy m bag, that I would never carry on a trip!) But they told me, also, since they re-designed the backpacks, there's no choosing what you want. That's OK. I'll never have to buy a backpack again.

I'm trying to not think too much about packing just yet, because it's really intimidating!

I do love Landon! The other guide was definitely not Elena. The poor ABD guy was having the worst time pronouncing her name, I hated to ask him to spell it. I'll let you know when I find out for sure

Sayhello

Will you send me a pic when you get your backpack? I asked the same question hoping to not get another backpack for the NYC trip.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: