Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #76
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 4

After our failed attempt at removing the sword from the stone, we watched Philharmagic.

Sat in the back row. Didn’t have to leave the scooter. YAY !!

More Fantasyland photos

Next was Pooh !!

Now this ride had a wheel chair car and the two SUPER CM’s were so excited to have me use it. So I was happy that I could oblige and not put them out.
So, all I had to do is switch from the scooter to the chair and all was good. No walking onto the ride – YAY !! I took some photos.

Yes, I used flash. No one saw, because no one was in front of us or behind us. It took about 15 min. to get on this ride. It was the longest we waited for a ride all night. And I was totally digging the Wheel Chair car on the ride. And I decided if I got the chance to ride a wheelchair car again, I was !!! As long as there wasn’t someone in line behind me who needed it more than me.

DD wanted to ride the tea cups and the Barnstormer, but DS was really wanting to ride Space Mountain. So I took him over there while DH endured the tea cups.

On the way to Space Mountain

He rode three times in a row with little to no wait.

We snagged a Root Beer Float from Auntie Gravitys for a snack credit.

So yummy !!

We met back up with DH and DD

And DH had allowed DD to play in the Casey Jr. Splash Pad and she was SOAKED

So parents – Public Service Announcement – if you let your kid play at the Casey Jr. Splash Pad, they will get soaked. Bring back up clothing. She spent the rest of the night at the park in wet clothes.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #77
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Day 3 – Part 2

A lady with a baby gave us her arcade card that she said she wouldn’t use, so the we headed to the arcade so the kids could play games.

That is so nice. Back when we used to get those, we almost always forgot about it until we were in the car on the way back home.

The piano player was out and we enjoyed listening to him while we ate

I think this is the only time I've not seen a crowd gathered around him. I love listening to him!

Did y'all get to see the Frontierland hoedown? This is one thing I constantly miss. We finally got to see some version of it on our last trip, and it seemed they were running it more often. We watched parts of it twice, and heard the music going up on another occasion. Maybe we just got the timing right on this trip. Anyway, it was fun, and I wish you could meet the Country Bears afterwards. I'd love to get a pic with Big Al! I seriously hope the rumors of shortening this show are wrong.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #78
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I think this is the only time I've not seen a crowd gathered around him. I love listening to him!

Did y'all get to see the Frontierland hoedown? This is one thing I constantly miss. We finally got to see some version of it on our last trip, and it seemed they were running it more often. We watched parts of it twice, and heard the music going up on another occasion. Maybe we just got the timing right on this trip. Anyway, it was fun, and I wish you could meet the Country Bears afterwards. I'd love to get a pic with Big Al! I seriously hope the rumors of shortening this show are wrong.
I loved the piano man !! It was fun listening to him while we were eating.

We have never seen the Frontierland how down in its entirety. We saw the end and I was fascinated with Clarabel the cow. We have never seen the Country Bear Jamboree either. But I have read the rumors to shorten it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #79
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:

And DH had allowed DD to play in the Casey Jr. Splash Pad and she was SOAKED

This thing should be renamed the "Casey Jr. Soak and Drench Station." Its a truth in advertising issue. There is no splashing to be had here.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #81
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm so late, but I'm here now!!! All caught up too! Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful.

Sorry about all your ankle troubles, I know that must have been a (literal) pain, but I hope it didn't cause you too much trouble and that yall were still able to really enjoy this trip.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #82
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry I'm so late, but I'm here now!!! All caught up too! Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful.

Sorry about all your ankle troubles, I know that must have been a (literal) pain, but I hope it didn't cause you too much trouble and that yall were still able to really enjoy this trip.
Yay !! So glad you stopped by !!

We did have a fun trip. The scooter saved the day ... every day.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #83
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I have to ask you this. We ate at Wilderness Lodge in June of 2011 and we met this lovely group of ladies at dinner. They are all staying together in one of the villas and I swear they were dissers. Any chance that was you ?? Just curious. We LOVED the WLV !! Would definitely go back in a minute !! Availability there is surprisingly scarce, so it is obviously more popular than I thought it would be. And I can't tell you why I think it wouldn't be as popular. Moving on .....

Nope. Not me. But I was there in May 2011 at the BC with a bunch of DISers.

I stayed in a 2BR in VWL in May 2010 and had a view similar to yours. I also took the lodge tour while I was there, which was SO interesting. Once I went on that I understood why their furnishings were designed the way they were. It is supposed to be reflective of the time in the late 1800's when train travel was the way to go. But as a result, people just picked up random pieces of furniture during their travels. So nothing really matched.

Can't read your latest update yet until I get home where I can see pics.

Oh - and I think because there are the fewest number of villas at VWL, that makes availability harder. When I saw an add-on contract there in my use year at a good price, I snatched it up.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #84
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 5

Next, we rode the Blue Train. And already, I broke my rule about getting out of the scooter. Because this was another ride where I had to take too many steps. But this one was worth it. And they let us stay on and ride again. DH wanted to stay on. He wasn’t feeling too jiffy after riding the tea cups with DD. I warned him, though. He said next time she rides the Tea Cups alone.

So that was a good rest. I love the Blue Train. Or the People Mover as it is named. Obviously, we call it the Blue Train.

After that, DD wanted a slushie

We got it here for a snack credit

After that we rode Buzz Lightyear

And they had a Wheel Chair car !! And I was all over that !! Only had to move from the scooter to the wheel chair and I can do that on one foot, yo !!
After that, DD wanted to ride POTC, so we headed over there.

We saw this on the way.

I couldn’t get in and out of this ride without two working legs, so I decided to sit this one out. They need a wheel chair car for that, too. Just sayin’. I amused myself with the camera while they rode.

I have never seen this place open – EVER.

Then we headed back to Frontierland. Because evidently riding BTMRR three times in a row earlier wasn’t enough. And, according to DD, it is a completely different ride at night. I wanted to ride, but didn’t feel up to hobbling the 30 yards to the HC entrance, so I waited.

See that?? Ten minutes. But it wasn’t really. They rode twice in a row. No wait.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #85
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

I love your pictures of adventure land

BTMR was a walk on also for my daughter and granddaughter

oh and we love the people mover also

Ann and family
yes we are back early do not ask
Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #86
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

LOVE the people mover. We call it the WEDway people mover.. I think thats what it used to be called

YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE ??? It is a must for us on every trip...You HAVE to do it next time... The music is horrible just like the tiki room..LOL

I have still yet to go one the new space mountain...
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #87
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
I love your pictures of adventure land

BTMR was a walk on also for my daughter and granddaughter

oh and we love the people mover also

Ann and family
yes we are back early do not ask
Thanks !!!

Back early ??? Now I HAVE to ask !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
LOVE the people mover. We call it the WEDway people mover.. I think thats what it used to be called

YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE ??? It is a must for us on every trip...You HAVE to do it next time... The music is horrible just like the tiki room..LOL

I have still yet to go one the new space mountain...
I have never done the tiki room either. OR Universe of energy. There are just some things I can't get the fam to do. I keep tryin' though.

The new Space Mountain is VERY bumpy and I don't enjoy it at all any more. I know they just "fixed" it, but it would be so much more fun if it were smoother. DS loves it though !!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #88
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Good idea finding places where you didn't have to get out of your scooter. I have to say, the wheelchair car at Winnie the Pooh is so fascinating to me. I'm always like "I want to go in that one!"

Yes, the downside to the splash pads. I would totally be like "you wanna go in there, you gotta be okay with being wet all day".

Hahaha, at first you're talking about the Blue Train, and I was so confused, like there was a ride at Disney I didn't know about!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #89
MEK
DIS Veteran

For the most part it sounds like your ankle didn't slow you down too much thanks to all the wheelchair cars. Nice to know where they are in case I ever need one.

Your son and daughter are both so cute with their blond hair. 3 times on Space Mountain back to back - good for him.

Nice pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #90
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you were able to find easier-to-board rides!! Your pictures of Adventureland are awesome, I love the themeing there!!

LOL over the teacups! I definitely could not go on those anymore!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: