Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #2251
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I need to start working on my day to day plans but I'm having a hard time sitting down to do it.

So I'm spending my time sewing instead. I have finished dresses or skirt/tee combos for my 2 girls for 7 of 10 events/days. Only 3 more to go. One is in progress (aka cut out - I will try to do the sewing tonight), the other 2 I have material but no firm plan for yet. I'm still working out the details. I originally didn't think I'd come close to finishing all the outfits I had planned so I am thrilled that I am 50 days out and have 14 of 20 outfits complete. I feel pretty good that I can finish the other 6 in time now.

If you want I'll post pictures.

I do need to work on the day to day stuff though. I need to get my sister to confirm which meal she wants for Thanksgiving. There have been so many changes with the new Fantasyland, Test Track being closed, Christmas events, etc that I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start.
Oh yes, please post some pics if you don't mind. I love seeing what other people are busy creating. Our trip this time is only 5 days long so there's really not a whole lot left for me to do as far as outfits. I bought most of our shirts at the Disney store. I still have one set of shirts to make.

I also need to plan each of our days and make a list of all the must try snacks.
Today was supposed to be a Disney planning day but I ended up spending it in the ER. Nothing too serious but enough for DH to insist on me going. I'm home now and feeling much better.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #2252
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Paid off the trip yesterday. We are looking for a hotel for the night before we check in. Hopefully I'll get that figured out today and be able to book that.
And I'm having second thoughts about DHS. I'm not sure if I should skip it. I'm thinking with the girls heights there are LOTS of rides they cannt ride and then with the closers. I'm just not sure there is going to be enough to make it worth our time If we didn't go we would go to AK instead Plus I'm not really that excited about DHS. Not much there that interests me.
Congrats on paying off the trip!

We usually do 1 day at DHS and think of it as an easy day. My dd8 says it is her favorite park. This is the first year she is able to do the bigger rides so I'm sure we will be spending more time there. We like tsm, little mermaid show, beauty and the beast show and disney junior and this year I am determined to get a butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
Not much Disney planning going on over here... I'm actually out of state for work for 2 weeks (!!!!). I'm only 5 days into my trip and I miss my girls like crazy!

I am trying so hard to keep my eye on the Disney prize -- I'm working long days and getting a lot of overtime and we're using that money for Disney. Whatever we don't use this trip will be put into an account for our trip to Paris/Disney Land Paris trip next April.

I'm at an event that is held every year but this is my first time volunteering. It's not terrible, but it's really hard to be away from my girls and especially my baby... it's also not easy on my H. He has to do soccer and ballet on his own in addition to dinner, baths, homework, etc.

I really hope the $ is worth it... if it is, I will be coming back next year! 2 weeks of work can finance our whole vacation and then some -- not a bad deal, I guess.
Sorry your missing your kiddos. It will be over soon and then you'll have what you need for a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
For those of you who have booked BOG http://kennythepirate.com/2012/09/25...st-restaurant/
Thanks for posting. My dd8 was thrilled!

Quote:
I just found this thread - 4 threads in. I am not going to go back and read but I will jump in now.

We are going 11/15 - 11/25 and staying offsite. Today my countdown clock went to 50 days. It doesn't include today or arrival day though so its probably really 51 days.

Our plans
11/15 - travel day. We leave late because of school so won't get in until 7pm. No plans but getting checked in and sleeping.
11/16 - Late brunch at CM, Party at MVMCP
11/17 - short (late arrival early departure) day at Epcot. Lunch at Coral World
11/18 - Hollywood Studios - Have reservations for 50PT at lunch - not sure if we will keep them.
11/19 - Epcot - dinner at Via Napoli
11/20 - Animal Kingdom - Lunch at Tusker House
11/21 - Magic Kingdom - Dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table
11/22 - Thanksgiving - Hollywood studios. Lunch at Hollywood and Vine or Dinner at Chef Mickey. Will cancel one reservation eventually.
11/23 - Magic Kingdom - Breakfast at Crystal Palace.
11/24 - Epcot - Dinner at Biergarten
11/25 - Travel Day - Early flight home.

We are going with extended family, but the immediate family is me and my DH and our 2 little girls who will be 6-1/2 and 2-1/2. Its the 2 year olds first trip to DW. She has been on 2 Disney Cruises. The 6 year old has been to DW and DL (and the 2 cruises). I'm hoping my 2 year old likes the characters better in Nov then she did in July. In July she loved them from afar. She would want to go give them a hug until we would get up close to them and then she would change her mind.
Sounds like a fun time. We have a 2yr old also and I'm wondering how she will do. I think she will be fine with face characters but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
We are fortunate enough to have been able to plan a trip to WDW!
With our schedules it didn't look like we would be able to go until March 2012.
But we arrive on November 17-23rd! Yay!

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
WDW is getting closer- only 37 days away!!

I have been slowly purchasing things for the trip- I have some breakfast items ready, got a bunch of cool LED light up stuff for after dark, lanyards set to go, and got ponchos and umbrellas just in case.

Yesterday, I found the perfect small cross-body bag for the parks. Target has a a Mossimo bag on clearance for about $16 right now that is great. Reminds me of the Baggelini Zip 'n Go bag. The bag is small but holds a lot and has lots of zippered compartments and a nice long strap to go across the body (it is also adjustable). Target's version is faux leather and comes in fuschia, purple, mustard color, and black.
The bag sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
62 days left! I am finishing up my Pop window decorations.

How much time do you spend in World Showcase? Should I do 2 days at Epcot or another day at MK (we were going to do a half 2nd day at Epcot, then MVMCP that night)? Any suggestions?

Do any of you use those water bottle strap thingys? I am trying to avoid using a stroller just to carry our stuff, but carrying 7 bottles around between all of us does not appeal to me (and it seems that the grown ups always end up carrying the kids' stuff!). If I can swing not taking a stroller, this will be the first time in 16 years that I have been without one in a Disney park. I have the feeling that I will feel like I am missing something all day long!

Thanks in advance!
We will be at Pop too. What are you making for your window? I was going to bring some window cling decorations.

We are spending 2 days in Epcot. We are going to focus on one side each day. Does that make sense? Like head to the right one day and the left the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
We just changed our plans. Our 21 year old niece decided to go with us. So moving from Pop to a condo off site.

I also managed to get ressies for Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving evening.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wow Chef Mickeys on Thanksgiving thats great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Yes, yes I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
omg freaking out

we are under 40 days
still no mickey mail and lots to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Hey ya'll.
I have been buying things as well. Got my new point and shoot camera today.

Quote:
I need to start working on my day to day plans but I'm having a hard time sitting down to do it.

So I'm spending my time sewing instead. I have finished dresses or skirt/tee combos for my 2 girls for 7 of 10 events/days. Only 3 more to go. One is in progress (aka cut out - I will try to do the sewing tonight), the other 2 I have material but no firm plan for yet. I'm still working out the details. I originally didn't think I'd come close to finishing all the outfits I had planned so I am thrilled that I am 50 days out and have 14 of 20 outfits complete. I feel pretty good that I can finish the other 6 in time now.

I do need to work on the day to day stuff though. I need to get my sister to confirm which meal she wants for Thanksgiving. There have been so many changes with the new Fantasyland, Test Track being closed, Christmas events, etc that I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start.
Thats a lot of outfits. Good for you!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #2253
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
Oh yes, please post some pics if you don't mind. I love seeing what other people are busy creating. Our trip this time is only 5 days long so there's really not a whole lot left for me to do as far as outfits. I bought most of our shirts at the Disney store. I still have one set of shirts to make.

I also need to plan each of our days and make a list of all the must try snacks.
Today was supposed to be a Disney planning day but I ended up spending it in the ER. Nothing too serious but enough for DH to insist on me going. I'm home now and feeling much better.
Sorry to read this. Hope you feel better!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #2254
mickeye
DIS Veteran

I have been waiting so long for this trip. It's our first time for a trip at Christmas and it's been planned for 3 years. But, the other day we got news that a much loved family member who has been fighting cancer and has been doing so well, has all of a sudden taken a turn for the worse and has only 4-8 weeks to go. I'm devastated to say the least. The trip is up in the air; I can't miss a family funeral for a dear loved one. Then yesterday (3 days after being told the bad news), we got a call that they were gone. I'm absolutely crushed. The funeral will not interfere with the trip at all, but suddenly the trip just doesn't seem important. I can't even enjoy working on the shirts I was making. The magic isn't there because I know that if I'm on the trip I'm going to see all kinds of things that I would liked to have bought for her.

Last edited by mickeye; 09-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #2255
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
I have been waiting so long for this trip. It's our first time for a trip at Christmas and it's been planned for 5 years. But, the other day we got news that a much loved family member who has been fighting cancer and has been doing so well, has all of a sudden taken a turn for the worse and has only 4-8 weeks to go. I'm devastated to say the least. The trip is up in the air; I can't miss a family funeral for a dear loved one. Then yesterday (3 days after being told the bad news), we got a call that they were gone. I'm absolutely crushed. The funeral will not interfere with the trip at all, but suddenly the trip just doesn't seem important. I can't even enjoy working on the shirts I was making. The magic isn't there because I know that if I'm on the trip I'm going to see all kinds of things that I would liked to have bought for her.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #2256
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
I have been waiting so long for this trip. It's our first time for a trip at Christmas and it's been planned for 5 years. But, the other day we got news that a much loved family member who has been fighting cancer and has been doing so well, has all of a sudden taken a turn for the worse and has only 4-8 weeks to go. I'm devastated to say the least. The trip is up in the air; I can't miss a family funeral for a dear loved one. Then yesterday (3 days after being told the bad news), we got a call that they were gone. I'm absolutely crushed. The funeral will not interfere with the trip at all, but suddenly the trip just doesn't seem important. I can't even enjoy working on the shirts I was making. The magic isn't there because I know that if I'm on the trip I'm going to see all kinds of things that I would liked to have bought for her.
I am SO sorry. Just remember, "These times are hard, but they will pass."
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #2257
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen

Yes please post pics!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #2258
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6 View Post

We will be at Pop too. What are you making for your window? I was going to bring some window cling decorations.

We are spending 2 days in Epcot. We are going to focus on one side each day. Does that make sense? Like head to the right one day and the left the other.
So far I have made paper Disney ornaments to hang in the 1st window and I do have some lights and various other stuff. This will be our Christmas themed window. The 2nd window will be a vacation celebration themed window with bright colors. I have not seen the window clings at our Walgreens. I have been to several around here and so far have not found anything!

We are leaning more and more toward the 2nd day at Epcot too. I don't want to feel rushed. My kids love studying things about different countries (and our homeschooling curriculum this year is heavy on World Geography).

Are you at Pop when we are? Keep an eye out for us! I'd love to 'meet' some disers in real life for a quick hello! I'll have a bright red backpack with a lgmh hanging from it and my girls have very very long hair!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #2259
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #2260
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Im so sorry for your loss! We lost my grandfather earlier this year, he made a significant imprint on my life and was very dear to me. This feeling will pass... the funeral and next few weeks will be very hard, but in time 'they would have loved this... *cry*' becomes 'they would have loved this... *smile*'.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #2261
jrlongino
J.R.

Where do the newbies get added...I looked on page one and didn't see us...Nov 7th @ POP
jrlongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #2262
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Very well put together thread

We will be arriving on Nov 4th - 10th, and will be staying at ASMovies

MVMCP on Nov 9

ADR's are:

- 11/4 - Bongos - 4:55
- 11/5 - 'Ohana - 5:10
- 11/6 - Le Cellier - 1:20 lunch
- 11/7 - Teppan Edo - 4:00
- 11/8 - Boma - 4:55
- 11/9 - T-Rex 1:30 lunch
- 11/10 - 'Ohana - 7:35 Breakfast
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #2263
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye
So sorry for your loss.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #2264
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Our potential guest found out today that she has to work the day after thanksgiving, so she won't be able to stay with us the entire trip. She may have found a deal on a flight/room combo that will likely have her staying off site, so our AoA LM ressie is staying put. More on this to come I'm sure.

Just remembered my wife bought the skirts from Joann's that she has to make. I'll have to remind her of that as she has likely forgotten.

In the meantime just counting the days.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #2265
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Very well put together thread

We will be arriving on Nov 4th - 10th, and will be staying at ASMovies

MVMCP on Nov 9

ADR's are:

- 11/4 - Bongos - 4:55
- 11/5 - 'Ohana - 5:10
- 11/6 - Le Cellier - 1:20 lunch
- 11/7 - Teppan Edo - 4:00
- 11/8 - Boma - 4:55
- 11/9 - T-Rex 1:30 lunch
- 11/10 - 'Ohana - 7:35 Breakfast
We have an ADR at Le Cellier around the same time on 11/6. Maybe we'll see each other!
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: