Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,434

Do the new recruits?

Do the new recruits need cars with them or is transportation provided?
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,641

Bus service is provided to/from work and is reliable, if pokey (it usually took her an hour to get home after a shift when the drive itself was about 20 minutes). Dd and her roommates/friends did not find the bus service to/from Walmart, the mall, etc be reliable in the slightest. One time they waited over an hour past the supposed pick-up time and it never came (and the frozen food they had in their grocery bags melted).

Dd had brought her car with her and she ended up using it a lot to run errands, go to the mall, go to Universal, etc. She also made money being an informal taxi service for people to go to the grocery or Walmart, etc, which was actually something the people at check-in suggested when she told them she had a car.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
chobie
Fish are friends, not food
My beautiful, smart, awesome daughter changed my tags!
Would you please stop making my head hurt today?
 
chobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 3 hours from wdw!
Posts: 9,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo
Bus service is provided to/from work and is reliable, if pokey (it usually took her an hour to get home after a shift when the drive itself was about 20 minutes). Dd and her roommates/friends did not find the bus service to/from Walmart, the mall, etc be reliable in the slightest. One time they waited over an hour past the supposed pick-up time and it never came (and the frozen food they had in their grocery bags melted).

Dd had brought her car with her and she ended up using it a lot to run errands, go to the mall, go to Universal, etc. She also made money being an informal taxi service for people to go to the grocery or Walmart, etc, which was actually something the people at check-in suggested when she told them she had a car.
Did the car have to be in her name? We are thinking of lending our daughter one of our cars , but the title is in my name?
chobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobie View Post
Did the car have to be in her name? We are thinking of lending our daughter one of our cars , but the title is in my name?
No, the car was in my name. She had to provide proof of insurance, if I remember correctly.

She was at Vista and parked it right by her apartment, btw.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
chobie
Fish are friends, not food
My beautiful, smart, awesome daughter changed my tags!
Would you please stop making my head hurt today?
 
chobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 3 hours from wdw!
Posts: 9,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo

No, the car was in my name. She had to provide proof of insurance, if I remember correctly.

She was at Vista and parked it right by her apartment, btw.
Thank you!
chobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,641

My dd said she recommends that if you take your car, that you still use the bus to get to/from work for at least the first month because it's a great way to meet people and make friends.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
TedMosby
Earning My Ears
 
TedMosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 33

It's probably a good idea to at least take the bus to and from work because if you take your own car you have to hit up toll roads.
TedMosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
aznshents
Mouseketeer
 
aznshents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
My dd said she recommends that if you take your car, that you still use the bus to get to/from work for at least the first month because it's a great way to meet people and make friends.

I second this. I met my best friend on my CP on the bus once coming home from Hollywood Studios. We were both doing Mickey impersonations.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMosby
It's probably a good idea to at least take the bus to and from work because if you take your own car you have to hit up toll roads.
There are no tolls to pay from the Disney college program housing to the the Disney parks and resorts.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.