DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
rmnelson
Earning My Ears

Addng a Home Resort

Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can help me with this. My husband and I are DVC owners and have been for a couple of years now. We have used our points in various ways but have not actually been back to WDW yet. We are planning to go in the next two years with our daughter. We are considering adding a second home resort because of the prime booking window. Does anyone know how to add another home resort? Do you have to buy more points? Is there a minimum amount of points you have to buy to do so? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

the thing to remember is that the points themselves have a home resort priority.

so you can buy a contract for 1000 SSR pts and a contract for 25 BLT pts...and that would give you "2 home resorts."

but when you want to book BLT at 11 months out, only the 25 pts from the BLT contract have priority at BLT, so all the SSR pts would be sidelined till the 7 month window for booking BLT.

and vice-versa, so if you needed to book treehouse villas at 11 months out, only pts from the SSR contract are valid. as another poster put it: "you need the right currency." if you want to book SSR at 11 months out, you need SSR pts - and BLT for BLT and so on...

minimum contracts in general are 25 pts if you pay cash (any number over 25 pts is ok - 27 pts, 29 pts or 41 pts) or 50+ pts if you need financing.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
icydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnelson View Post
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone can help me with this. My husband and I are DVC owners and have been for a couple of years now. We have used our points in various ways but have not actually been back to WDW yet. We are planning to go in the next two years with our daughter. We are considering adding a second home resort because of the prime booking window. Does anyone know how to add another home resort? Do you have to buy more points? Is there a minimum amount of points you have to buy to do so? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
I wonder what you were doing with your points for two years?

Yes you can have as many "home" resorts as you want. They will be under your original contract number which will be called your master contract. Under the master you can have multiple contracts for the same or differing resorts as long as they are all for the same use year.

If, for example, you owned at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Bay Lake Towers and Disney's Beach Club Villas and your use year was March; that would mean that you can begin booking at each of your resorts in April for the upcoming March Use Year. BUT you can only book at each one of your resorts.. You points can not be co-mingled until the 7 month window. If you run out of AKV points from 11- 7 months you'd have to borrow from your next use year for AKV points.
icydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog
Yes you can have as many "home" resorts as you want. They will be under your original contract number which will be called your master contract. Under the master you can have multiple contracts for the same or differing resorts as long as they are all for the same use year.
Actually, you can have multiple home resorts with multiple use years if you buy resale. They are just separate master contracts.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
icydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
Actually, you can have multiple home resorts with multiple use years if you buy resale. They are just separate master contracts.

You're right. You can have as many contracts as you want. As many use years as you want. At as many resorts as you want. With or without buying directly from Disney.

That's all the permutations I can think of but the OP was probably not trying to make this as difficult as she could. Buying he same UY with one master contract, with all Developer Points, or a combo of developer and resale points, makes the most sense
icydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
If, for example, you owned at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Bay Lake Towers and Disney's Beach Club Villas and your use year was March; that would mean that you can begin booking at each of your resorts in April for the upcoming March Use Year.
I found this confusing since it makes it sound like you cannot use your points until 11 months from the start of your next Use Year. Members can make a reservation using home resort points 11 months from their check-in date regardless of their Use Year.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnelson View Post
We are considering adding a second home resort because of the prime booking window. Does anyone know how to add another home resort? Do you have to buy more points? Is there a minimum amount of points you have to buy to do so? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Yes, you do have to buy more points at your new home resort. The minimum through Disney is 25 points if you are already a member.
You can very easily add another home resort by calling your guide and telling him what you want. They will automatically give you the same UY and make sure that your new contract is titled exactly the same and your points will be available immediately. Easy Peasy.

You can very easily add another home resort by buying a resale contract. You just have to find one that fits your needs. There are a few reputable resale companies you can contact, The Timeshare Store (at the top of this page) and Fidelity Resales are 2 of them. The process takes at least 2 months but you can save thousands. If you want a smaller contract at a specific resort sometimes its better to buy direct from Disney.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
auralia
DIS Veteran

Easy is relative. Last time I tried to add on 25 PTs they didn't have points to sell me. They wanted I believe 200 or 400$ down and then I could be put on a wait list to buy them. This was about a year ago okw June use year. I have up on it because they didn't come through on time. I was the 6th person on the wait list just to buy points.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia View Post
Easy is relative. Last time I tried to add on 25 PTs they didn't have points to sell me. They wanted I believe 200 or 400$ down and then I could be put on a wait list to buy them. This was about a year ago okw June use year. I have up on it because they didn't come through on time. I was the 6th person on the wait list just to buy points.
I was being general about things being easy. We talked to a guide about buying BCV in May. They didn't have our UY either so we found a resale contract and bought it. Disney wants $115 per point and we bought at $72 pp, fully loaded with banked points.

Don't know if you are aware of it but this last year Disney has been ROFRing OKW like crazy. You probably would have better luck if you wanted to buy today.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia View Post
How long did you wait before giving up? In past years people didn't wait too long for points unless they wanted BCV in which case they might have to wait many months to get points. Just curious what the wait time is like these days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: