Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #46
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

AAAWWW - I'm so sorry that happened to Mason.

I know what you mean about feeling worse than the kids do sometimes....

Hopefully the next time will be the BEST!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

So for dinner, we were supposed to eat at 50's PTC. Ian and Sam took one look at the menu and wrinkled their nose.
Seriously?! I had gone over and asked for opinions on our ADRs a million times. I had told them a million times what 50's PTC offered for food. So after yelling at them for tuning me out, we cancelled our ADR and decided to try Sci-Fi.

I was pretty ticked because I don't like cancelling an ADR at the last minute. Why don't boys listen?? If it were a busy season, I think I would have made them eat there anyway. I actually want to try 50's PTC so I think I will take Sara back at some point.

But the Sci-Fi dinner was AWESOME! I highly recommend this place. I worried the monsters on the screen would scare Mason, but it wasn't scary at all. I'd even take a 2 year old in there.

The shakes were just average. I probably wouldn't order one again or recommend them. I didn't finish mine but Ian and the kids liked them. I also got an old fashioned vanilla coke and that was very good. We all ordered the mushroom, bacon cheeseburger. These were huge and very good. It's not the best burger I've ever had but it was yummy and the place is just very cool.

Normally walk ins get a table but since it was slow, we lucked out and got a car. So if you eat here, be sure to get an ADR.

It's hard to take pictures because the place is very dark. I did take a video with my cell phone so you all could see the place and that actually came out pretty good. This is a pretty good representation of the light in the place (which is all indoors)

Video of Sci-Fi

After this we sadly headed home. I snapped a pic of Mason in all of his "guilt gear"

I was so sad to be back at work and then the first day back I found out about the job offer. So now I am so psyched to be living there!

Anyway, thanks all for following along on my TR. We had such a blast!

Last edited by Bonniec; 02-01-2012 at 07:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #48
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
AAAWWW - I'm so sorry that happened to Mason.

I know what you mean about feeling worse than the kids do sometimes....

Hopefully the next time will be the BEST!
Yeah. He really got over it pretty fast. We just felt so awful knowing it was our fault. Disney is so magical about things like this. It's not up to anyone else to make my kid happy but they do it, ya know? I'll be writing in to thank Dustin.

Plus, it's better this happened to us than someone living out of state.

Quote:
Oh no ... I'm so sorry that happened. ( I can totally see me doing something like this). But that must have been heartbreaking.

It was nice of the CM to try to make it up to him though.
It really was. I am embarrassed for crying about it, lol. Drama-queen mommy!

In the year we have had our passes, we've had many wonderful things happen from CMs. Once Mason freaked out in the POTC line, and as we left a CM "pirate" stopped us. He spent at least 15 minutes talking to Mason about how pirates are cool and not scary, then walked him up to the ride and put him right on it (Mason loves pirates now because of that). He also dropped a half eaten Mickey ice cream bar once. We were cleaning him up and calming him down, when a CM from out of no where just showed up and gave him a new one. Again, it was our fault for letting him walk around with it. And it was half eaten so I never would have dreamed to ask for a new one. But the CM refused any money, just gave it to him and left. Disney really rocks sometimes.

Last edited by Bonniec; 02-01-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

I have enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing. Glad you are getting to move closer to the Mouse!! Good luck to you
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #50
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
It was Thurs the 26th. That's what they did for them too. According to Ian, he said the ride stopped because 2 people jumoed out of the boat to take pictures. So of course they stopped the ride and couldn't get it started again. Ask your in laws if they made that announcement.
hmm, I think they were there that Monday! twice in one week with a 45 minute break down? not so cool!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #51
dara00
DIS Veteran

oops I got behind on your report and now it's over! I'm so happy for you that you're moving close by the parks though!

the characters you met at Hollywood and Vine were Special Agent Oso (the bear) and someone from the Little Einsteins (the girl).

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #52
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

LOL Sorry, I sort of sped it up to get it done. Got packing to do!

Thanks for clearing it up on tha bear. He sure was odd looking. Then again, not as bad as a teletubby
Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #53
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Looks like a super fun trip! I also have had green gel in my hair from the Barber shop as well as "pixie dust." I have never had so many people comment on my hair in my life. lol.

Your bday decorations and sweets looked freakin' awesome! Well done!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #54
southbound
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing your trip, Bonnie. I had fun reading it, and tagging along with you on your Disney adventure. Congrats to your husband... I can only imagine living there and being able to go any day I wanted to. My daughter would be in heaven so close to all those princesses.

You guys looked like you had an awesome trip. I wasn't aware of Whispering Canyon Cafe, so thanks to you, I now have another place to check out. I think it would be funny to ask my husband to grab our server for some ketchup.

I felt for your son when he missed out on his Jedi training. I can only imagine how bad you felt... it was heartbreaking. At least you'll be able to make it up to him really quick when you move. And you did a great job of trying to make him feel better with all the gear.

BTW... your trick with Tinker Bell was really cute, and I think I might have to try something out for my daughter. Thanks again for sharing your trip.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #55
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

[QUOTE=Bonniec;43906402]Thanks Grumpy! Your name makes me laugh lol

He's not really Grumpy we just tease him because he's not as "in to Disney" as the kids and I would like.

Our last trip we stayed at the WBC in a four bedroom Presidential Suite. We were with my sister's family and they are a member. The next trip I will definitely try to stay there on my own. Awesome place! Looking at your pictures brings back such great memories.

So sorry Mason didn't get to do the Jedi training. I so would have done what you did and buy him everything I could to make up for it.

Thank you for posting the Barber Shop pictures. I sort of forgot all about that. Just might have to give that a try.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #56
Stacy_C
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip! Thanks for the review and pictures.

Oh, and the characters in your pictures are Oso from Special Agent Oso and June from Little Einsteins!

July '82 - (offsite w/parents)
December '84 (DL)
July '92 (offsite w/parents)
April '99(ASMo)
March '03(CSR)
Sept '05(Pop)
March '06(CSR)
Sept '07(Pop)
March '08(CSR)
March '09(AKL & CSR)
Oct '10(AKL)
Nov '10(Poly)
Oct '11 (Disney Dream & Pop)
March '12 (POR)
Sept '12 (CSR)
June '13 (Pop)
Sept '13 (POR)
NEXT: Sept '14 (Pop)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #57
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

I would have cried over the Jedi Training thing, too. So sorry that happened!

I have enjoyed reading your trip report, especially the parts about Bonnet Creek since we are thinking about staying there when we go in June! Glad you guys all had so much fun. The pictures are great.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #58
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you guys had a really great trip; thanks for sharing about it!

I especially loved the part about your son's birthday surprise...very cool and creative!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 02-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #59
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Oh, and the characters in your pictures are Oso from Special Agent Oso and June from Little Einsteins!
Thanks for clearing that up! lol That bear sure seemed to be popular.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #60
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Subbing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: