Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer

The surgical supply stores sell these blue disposable pads that are the size of a bath towel. They are the ones the hospital uses for after delivery. They are really soft and a pretty cheap. I used them for potty training to protect the coach and bedding.
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Happened to us last week. My almost 5yo is pretty good as long as no one gives him drinks before bed. Of course, we traveled with my mom and aunt and every time I said the kids weren't allowed to do something, they told me I was mean and there were no rules at DIsney. Sigh. So when I said no drinks before bed, they told me I was mean and gave him an entire bottle of powerade. Of course, he peed all over the bed.

Thankfully he was sleeping on top of the blankets so it didn't seep through. We left a note that the bed was soiled and they took care of it while we were at the parks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

When we stayed at the POLY my niece was very sick, vomited a few times in the middle of the night, and of course it was in the bed and on the carpet. I called Mousekeeping, God love those people. The gentleman came right away and removed all the bedding and replaced it with new, used a damp powder cleaner on the mattress and carpet.

This occured 3 times in a few hours time and he came quickly each time. He told me I would be contacted in the am about cleaning the carpets and replacing the mattress. I could not stop apologizing to him and he reassured me that it was not a problem, this happens more than you think.

At 8am they called and the first thing they asked about was how my niece was feeling. I told them much better, they asked when we would be out of the room so they could take care of things for us. At 11am and we went to the pool. Since we had a ground floor pool view room I watched them bring in a new mattress and clean the carpets. We were told we could go back in the room by 1pm.

When we did go back not only was the room immaculate and smelling good they left a get well card signed by Mickey, Minnie and the Mousekeeping staff for my niece....she was just over the moon...and feeling 100% better.

I was not charged anything extra because of this...although my husband kept handing the guy 20 bucks each time he came because we were just soooo grateful to him.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Well it seems like everyone here agrees if you don't want to put your daughter in pull ups then cover the bed with something. It sounds like it would take alot more time to correct the situation of your daughter wetting the bed than if you prevent it in happening OR you could be without a mattress for awhile! LOL! That would be bad! Its no laughing matter but I'm still laughing at my suggestion of the bag and Fantasia adding the towels. Great minds think alike! LOL! I do have mattress covers on my beds at home and even in my camper ...not bags! I was just saying if your ever somewhere in a bind with nothing to use I have cut up a bag!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 09-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

After reading Brightvalley's experience I would definitely take a mattress pad, or your own protective mattress covers. I would not want to subject my children to embarrassment over something that truly is an accident like bed wetting .

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #36
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

When we did go back not only was the room immaculate and smelling good they left a get well card signed by Mickey, Minnie and the Mousekeeping staff for my niece....she was just over the moon...and feeling 100% better.

I was not charged anything extra because of this...although my husband kept handing the guy 20 bucks each time he came because we were just soooo grateful to him.

That's awesome mousekeeping service And very nice of you to tip so generously....I'm sure they appreciate you acknowledging their service.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOREEN1779 View Post
The surgical supply stores sell these blue disposable pads that are the size of a bath towel. They are the ones the hospital uses for after delivery. They are really soft and a pretty cheap. I used them for potty training to protect the coach and bedding.
Incontinence pads can be found in the adult isle at Target - 18 in a pkg for a little over 6 dollars. We use these for our Maltese so they are trained inside on pads and outside as well.

The pads are 18 x 32 and are perfect for under a sheet ....but ...with a newly potty trained 27 mo old I would do as one poster suggested and put a pull up over undies to be safe.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #38
amym2
DIS Veteran

We went on a cruise this summer (not Disney) and the first night our 10yo DS woke up in the middle of the night and he had peed all over the bed. Poor kid, he was so embarrassed! He potty trained at 3 and has only had a handful of accidents over the years, but you just never know. Probably the gentle rocking motion of the boat! I was embarrassed, but I left a note and the room stewards took care of it. I'm sure it wasn't the first time. Happens to everyone who has kids. It wasn't nearly as bad as the vomiting on the hotel room floor incident he had years ago. I think it's a good idea to be prepared, but remember that if it does happen and you have to ask for new sheets, the mousekeepers have probably heard it a hundred times!
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #39
janiejake
Mouseketeer

When the kids were small and we traveled, I made a point to pack an inexpensive but new plastic bed liner in the suitcase. No mattress issues if there were leaks. With a child you've already had issues with, I would not take chances on vacation that they will ruin/stain a mattress.

šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš
Past visits:78,81,90,92,96,97(all off site), 5/99DxL, 2/00DxL,3/00DxL&CSR,3/03POR&Swan,12/03POR, 1/06POR, 3/09 POR, 3/11 POR 1/12 POR/POFQ 12/31/14-01/02/151/13 ASSp
janiejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
kam1011
Mouseketeer

We had a vacation a few years ago where it became a nightly occurance. Idk, it always seems to happen in Disney. Must be the heat and all the extra drinking

Anyway, I just called and asked for new sheets. They brought them within minutes. Since then, I bring nighttime pull-ups for my younger ones.

You could pack your own liner to put under the sheet, but if the child pees on it, that's it anyway unless you have a W/D.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #41
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
I would just put a pull up on over her undies. That way if you are trying to avoid the diaper like issue (and not feeling the pee), the undies are still there. Seems like an easy peasy solution rather than having to bring mattress protectors, shower curtains, etc.! I would imagine if an accident DOES happen, that they clean the mattress. Actually urine on a mattress would be the least of my concerns in a hotel bed
This is exactly what I was going to suggest!! So much easier than worrying about if the pad stays in the right spot, or if the pee will actually soak into enough and not just roll across it and onto the bed anyways. We did this when we went last and were still potty training one of ours.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: