Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
JAMIESMITH
DIS Veteran

Future World: Madiyn Loves to Soar & Character Spot

We got settled into our room and headed to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. We were actually getting started about an hour earlier than I had hoped. We were in Epcot by 10:30. Before the monorail had even stopped, Madilyn started saying "I want to ride the big ball! I want to ride the big ball!" My husband told her that he didn't think it was a ride and that it was just for looks. Marie and I looked at each other and grinned and said at the same time "It is a ride!" We got our bags checked and got through the turnstiles and headed straight for Spaceship Earth.

A shot of Marie and Madilyn in front of the Epcot icon.

You can see that the ground is wet. It sprinkled off and on all morning and into the early part of the afternoon. Almost no one was in the park! The posted wait time at Spaceship Earth was 5 minutes, but we walked right on I wasn't expecting much from this ride, but it was a really cool way to start our trip. Maddy rode with her daddy and Marie and I rode right behind them.

We checked Marie's watch (something we would do a lot during the trip because neither Jamie nor I wore one) and decided to head over to the Character Spot. The posted wait here was 35 minutes and that was pretty accurate. This would be the longest we would wait to do anything for our entire trip! We met some awesome characters.

First up was Mickey...

Then Pluto...

Minnie...

Marie showed her her engagement ring, but we didn't get a picture until afterwards.

Donald Duck...I love this picture!

And finally Madilyn's favorite: Goofy!

While we were standing in line for the characters, the boy in line in front of us mentioned that the wait time for Soarin' was 10 minutes. We decided that we could fit that in before our lunch reservation at Coral Reef at 12:45. Maddy is a little scared of heights so I wasn't sure how she would do on this ride, but it was her favorite ride of the trip! I forgot to mention that she tripped over the bottom track of the sliding door to the balcony in our room and skinned (to the other Mississippians: I tried to spell it "skint", but spell check caught me)her knee. She skinned her other knee when I tried to help her onto the escalator going back up into the upper story of The Land Pavillion. I am not the most coordinated person in the world! Her daddy picked her up and held her on the way up.

Proudly posing in front of the sign.

Disney's Boardwalk Villas January 2015 Desperate For More Disney Magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: