Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
RJMC
Mouseketeer

Time of Cinematic Spectacular on Oct 29/30

On Oct 29 & 30 the park hours have changed from closing at 6pm, to 7:30pm

It says the cinematic show will not play on dates up to 28 Oct, and then 31st Oct until end of HHN season - which seems to indicate the show will play on the Oct 29 & 30 (which are non HHN event nights)

So if it is playing o those nights - with a park closing at 7:30pm, what time is it likely to show - will it be at 7:30pm at park closing, or earlier - will it be dark enough?

Also, anyone know what time the parade plays - is it 2pm or 5pm?
RJMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
bowtie7
Earning My Ears

I was at the Studios in early September. Originally the park hours were stated at 9-6, then closer to my arrival the hours were changed to 9-8:30 on the days that the Cinematic Spectacular was offered with the show at 8:30. If this stays constant, it would be a good guess that the show will be be offered at 7:30. (Also, when I was there the parade was at 5:00, but if you have kids who are fans of any of the characters who are featured in the parade, be on the lookout (or ask someone with the park) for mini character events featuring one set of characters with their parade float, they would do a dance and then it was very easy to do a meet and great and photos.
bowtie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMC
On Oct 29 & 30 the park hours have changed from closing at 6pm, to 7:30pm

It says the cinematic show will not play on dates up to 28 Oct, and then 31st Oct until end of HHN season - which seems to indicate the show will play on the Oct 29 & 30 (which are non HHN event nights)

So if it is playing o those nights - with a park closing at 7:30pm, what time is it likely to show - will it be at 7:30pm at park closing, or earlier - will it be dark enough?

Also, anyone know what time the parade plays - is it 2pm or 5pm?
Yesterday parked closed at 8. Parade at 2 and water show at 8. Due to attendance most places closed early.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
RJMC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie7 View Post
I was at the Studios in early September. Originally the park hours were stated at 9-6, then closer to my arrival the hours were changed to 9-8:30 on the days that the Cinematic Spectacular was offered with the show at 8:30. If this stays constant, it would be a good guess that the show will be be offered at 7:30. (Also, when I was there the parade was at 5:00, but if you have kids who are fans of any of the characters who are featured in the parade, be on the lookout (or ask someone with the park) for mini character events featuring one set of characters with their parade float, they would do a dance and then it was very easy to do a meet and great and photos.
Thanks for info
Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
RJMC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove69 View Post
Yesterday parked closed at 8. Parade at 2 and water show at 8. Due to attendance most places closed early.
Hi - when you say 'most places closed early' what do you mean? And what do you mean by early ?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMC

Hi - when you say 'most places closed early' what do you mean? And what do you mean by early ?
Some of the stores and food places shut down early. Went to grab dinner and she said that there boss was closing them down 30 minutes early due to lack of guests. Shows all done by 5pm. Rides close promply by 8. It was so slow longest line i saw was Despicable me for 35min. I just went later in the day and walked on. Everything else less then 10 minutes. Shows 1/2 full.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Keep in mind...food service ends 30 minutes prior to park closing all the time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: