DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
chainkid
Mouseketeer

I have been a boardwalk owner since 1999 and I can tell you that it used to be easier to book outside the 11month window. Now for some time periods, BWV sell out weeks after the 11month window opens. I rarely get to stay at my home resort short notice and I have never had a waitlist come thru. I am currently on a waitlist since 10 months out for a studio and no luck so far. This is for week after Thanksgiving. Anyone can get lucky but for me, if I want to stay BWV I call at 11 month window or I have to stay elsewhere. I prefer BWV over anywhere else but you learn to plan .
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #17
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainkid View Post
I have been a boardwalk owner since 1999 and I can tell you that it used to be easier to book outside the 11month window. Now for some time periods, BWV sell out weeks after the 11month window opens. I rarely get to stay at my home resort short notice and I have never had a waitlist come thru. I am currently on a waitlist since 10 months out for a studio and no luck so far. This is for week after Thanksgiving. Anyone can get lucky but for me, if I want to stay BWV I call at 11 month window or I have to stay elsewhere. I prefer BWV over anywhere else but you learn to plan .
As mentioned above, your difficulty in booking BWV now inside of 7 months compared to when you first bought, is probably due to the fact that there are more owners now. Everyone is vying for a BWV/BC room at the 7 month window for specific events throughout the year, especially F&W. This is only going to increase in difficulty as DVC adds more properties to the membership.

So keep in mind OP, that in 10 years, if several more resorts are built, all of those point owners will increase the number of people trying to book a limited number of rooms at their non-home resort inside the 7 month window.

Stephen
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
IMO, if you want to stay at the BWV from October 1- January 1, you should buy at BWV. It's not impossible to get in during that time at 7 months, but there are far more who are disappointed than successful.

Keep in mind that most of the people buying BWV points now are doing so to stay there for F&W or other very popular time. Those members do not switch at 7 months. So available space at 7 months for the popular times is only going to decrease due to those who buy because of the trouble they had at 7 months.

Drusba's post above is right on.
That why I bought my BWV points, so I could use them do stay there. So your observation that people currently buying BWV points are buying them expressly to stay at BWV makes sense to me.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainkid View Post
Nothing at the BWV was available ten months out? Or just BW view or Standard view?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

If I wanted to stay at BWV during F&W I would buy some BWV points, and book at 11 months. I own at BWV partially because I love the lower point value of the standard view rooms. I would be annoyed to "have " to pay for pool/garden view, when I stay there! I do use many of our BWV points during the high holiday period before New Years!

Bobbi
Old 09-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
If I wanted to stay at BWV during F&W I would buy some BWV points, and book at 11 months. I own at BWV partially because I love the lower point value of the standard view rooms. I would be annoyed to "have " to pay for pool/garden view, when I stay there! I do use many of our BWV points during the high holiday period before New Years!

Bobbi
We do the same thing (booking at 11 months), but because we want the Boardwalk view during F&W. Funny thing is, we have gotten the FARTHEST ROOMS from the elevators (X001 room number) multiple times in the last 10 years. We just laugh about it, because the elevator hike is no big deal if you put it in perspective with the miles one logs afoot on a Disney trip.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
We do the same thing (booking at 11 months), but because we want the Boardwalk view during F&W. Funny thing is, we have gotten the FARTHEST ROOMS from the elevators (X001 room number) multiple times in the last 10 years. We just laugh about it, because the elevator hike is no big deal if you put it in perspective with the miles one logs afoot on a Disney trip.
But the payoff for walking to the x001 rooms is that you get the absolute best views of fireworks every night!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

If your heart is set on BWV for F&W, I would buy points there. I added on my BWV contract for that reason. This year I tried to book a standard studio 1 week AFTER the 11 month window opened and NEVER got it. While I got my reservation for myself exactly on the 11 month opening, my DD decided she wanted to go too, but didn't tell me under the window opened. So only 7 days after the 11 month window I could not book the standard view studio. I could've booked a preferred view. Even the BW view was spotty. I waitlisted up until a month ago, when she decided she didn't want to go now (I knew she wasn't positive, so never booked anything else). Even waitlisted that early didn't help. That said, I have gotten a preferred view studio at the 7 month window and have gotten a 1 bedroom standard view at the 7 month window. But I was shut out at the 7 month window last year in late January.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558

But the payoff for walking to the x001 rooms is that you get the absolute best views of fireworks every night!
Absolutely - I hadn't thought of that, but it is true!

Somehow I doubt that will create a sudden run on requests for rooms "far from the elevators"!
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #25
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
I agree. I also like being on at the end of the building because the stairwell down to the pool, and walkways to DHS and the Swan/Dolphin side of the Boardwalk is nearby.

Stephen
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
Goofy's apprentice
DIS Veteran

I agree that if you want assurance of BWV for Food and Wine, you should buy points there.

However, it is not impossible. You can see from my signature how often we have been successful in getting into to BWV. We needed to use wait lists and be willing to have split stays (thankfully we like split stays). Many of those stays we're in Boardwalk views. As well they were studios, one-bedrooms and two bedrooms.

there is hope but BWV as a home resort is still the best option.
2006 Apr-BWV, OKW --- Nov-BWV, OKW
2007 Mar-SSR --May OKW/SSR --Oct - SSMC07
2008 Feb - SSR/VWL ---Apr - Vero/SSR --- Nov - BWV
2009 Mar-VWL/SSR ---Oct - BWV/BLT
2010 Mar - BWV/THV --- Oct - SSR (for WWOHP !!!)
2011 Apr - BWV/SSR --- Oct - SSR/BWV
2012 Mar - BWV/BLT --- Oct - BWV
Goofy's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I am a professional late booker, but...
I own BCV points just to avoid the 'stress' of not being able to get it for Food & Wine. That's the ONE reservation I book in advance (not 11 months but at least 9 to 10 months) and NEVER change. I have added dates on the weekends later, but it's not always easy.

So I would say an earlier poster who pointed out that those of us who book for Food and Wine prior to 7 months aren't likely to change are correct based on my actions.

If that stay at that time is important to you then buy those BWV points. I know my Food and Wine Festival would be a lot less fun if I wasn't at an Epcot Resort.
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: