Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream
 
disneyismyheart247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 164

I think they're going to have to digitally change the scenery a bit. Disneyland now doesn't look like what it looked like in the 50's and 60's, especially the 50's. It was so bare then. So many things have been added. I'm curious to see how this will be executed
__________________
To live would be an awfully big adventure!
disneyismyheart247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
LizzyS
DIS Veteran
 
LizzyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya74 View Post
http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/...e-at-the-emmys

Did anyone see Tom Hanks at the Emmys? He does resembles Mr Disney to some degree!!
I am being nit-picky, but his head is still the wrong shape!
__________________


1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
Geemo
DIS Veteran
 
Geemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: pacific nw
Posts: 1,542

Is there any word on a filming schedule.
Wondering the dates they may be in the park.
That is if they are actually filming in the park.

Geemo
__________________
Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,414

I'm looking forward to this movie but do think it will be more about Traver's than Disney. Still looks like some good fodder for Expo 13
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer
 
AngieMouse86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemo View Post
Is there any word on a filming schedule.
Wondering the dates they may be in the park.
That is if they are actually filming in the park.

Geemo
Update from OC Register :

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainm...nks-movie.html

Quote:
For the first time in a dozen years, Disneyland will host crews to film a major movie – this one starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney himself.
Disney will block off parts of the park on Nov. 6-7 for "Saving Mr. Banks," which will tell the back story of the making of Disney's 1964 "Mary Poppins" movie. The new film, by Walt Disney Studios, stars Hanks, Emma Thompson as book author P.L. Travers, and Colin Farrell as Travers' father.

Disney officials declined to confirm which actors would come to Disneyland, and they warned that visitors shouldn't expect to see or hear any stars on set, which will be obstructed.
Because the movie is set in 1961, crews can't risk accidentally filming any regular guests in the background, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman.

Instead, Disney has asked its employees to apply as extras who will appear as Disneyland guests. Interested employees submitted pictures of themselves in period clothes for consideration for a few dozen spots.
Four balloon vendors and four Main Street, U.S.A. vehicle drivers were selected for more prominent roles to do their jobs while the cameras are rolling, Brown said.

Crews will close sections of the park only during filming and no area will be closed all day. Disney declined to say which parts would be closed.
"We will be communicating that schedule to guests when they arrive on those days so they can schedule their visit around the closures," Brown said.
__________________
7/21-27/2012 - All Star Sports (1st Trip!)




Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #21
AnneUCSB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 190

Bummer! We will be there the following week. I would've loved to be there during the filming process! I hope someone will post pictures.
AnneUCSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer
 
AngieMouse86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneUCSB View Post
Bummer! We will be there the following week. I would've loved to be there during the filming process! I hope someone will post pictures.
I'll be there the 6th for sure and will be sure to take some photos of whatever activity it going on.
__________________
7/21-27/2012 - All Star Sports (1st Trip!)




Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #23
Rhonna
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 2,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieMouse86 View Post
I'll be there the 6th for sure and will be sure to take some photos of whatever activity it going on.
Disney called a few weeks ago and cancelled our breakfast reservations at Carnation Cafe on Nov. 6th. I said something about "You just refurbed it - what's going on now?" and the CM said there would be filming but didn't know what it was about. I asked about this movie and she hadn't heard about it. I do think that is exactly what is going on. So if you want to "try" to get any shots, look around Carnation Cafe in the AM hours the 6th through the 8th. They will be closed for breakfast but open for lunch and dinner since the filming is in the mornings.

Personally I think they will bring the actors in from the back doors and close off any chance of seeing through the windows (or getting tourists looking in the windows in the shots) unless they plan to film any shots outdoors. We will be avoiding the possible small crowds that are in the area hoping to get a glimpse of Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson or whatever is going on. I hope it isn't difficult to get down Main Street with this going on.

The newly remodeled Carnation Cafe will probably be a nice English setting for the storyline. Walt went to England to talk the author into allowing him to make Mary Poppins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...into-film.html
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #24
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream
 
disneyismyheart247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 164

I very much HIGHLY doubt they will let the general public get close enough to take pictures. One, the filming areas will be closed off to guests. Two, the scenes take place in the sixties; they can't have people without period clothing on walking around the sets. Everything has to blend and look right for the time period of the film.
__________________
To live would be an awfully big adventure!
disneyismyheart247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #25
shamrockshake
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 216

They have an interesting Mary Poppins exhibit at the Disney museum in San Francisco. Apparently Hanks was photographed in front a few weeks ago. Wonder if this is a coincidence or had to do with the movie. A lot of wonderful Disney background is covered. Love this museum!
__________________
shamrockshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
shamrockshake
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 216

BTW, huge Tom Hanks fan. He can do it. Darken hair, mustache, suit, posture, nail his speech patterns, and he is Walt .
__________________
shamrockshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran
 
Lucille1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 976

I recently sold a bunch of clothing to the costume designer for this film. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath hoping that I'll be able to spot one of the pieces in the final cut!
__________________
Nicole

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer
 
AngieMouse86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
Disney called a few weeks ago and cancelled our breakfast reservations at Carnation Cafe on Nov. 6th. I said something about "You just refurbed it - what's going on now?" and the CM said there would be filming but didn't know what it was about. I asked about this movie and she hadn't heard about it. I do think that is exactly what is going on. So if you want to "try" to get any shots, look around Carnation Cafe in the AM hours the 6th through the 8th. They will be closed for breakfast but open for lunch and dinner since the filming is in the mornings.

Personally I think they will bring the actors in from the back doors and close off any chance of seeing through the windows (or getting tourists looking in the windows in the shots) unless they plan to film any shots outdoors. We will be avoiding the possible small crowds that are in the area hoping to get a glimpse of Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson or whatever is going on. I hope it isn't difficult to get down Main Street with this going on.

The newly remodeled Carnation Cafe will probably be a nice English setting for the storyline. Walt went to England to talk the author into allowing him to make Mary Poppins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...into-film.html
Ah, that's very interesting, I'll be curious to see how they cover up the area outside the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyismyheart247 View Post
I very much HIGHLY doubt they will let the general public get close enough to take pictures. One, the filming areas will be closed off to guests. Two, the scenes take place in the sixties; they can't have people without period clothing on walking around the sets. Everything has to blend and look right for the time period of the film.
Me either. I wouldn't expect to get close enough to see much, not the way when I was there for the Modern Family shoot, but I'll be interested to see which areas seem to be getting production action and whatnot. Not making a special trip down there, either, I'm off on Tuesdays, so I tend to make it down to DL then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
I recently sold a bunch of clothing to the costume designer for this film. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath hoping that I'll be able to spot one of the pieces in the final cut!
Ooh, that's pretty exciting! I hope you'll be able to spy your stuff as well.
__________________
7/21-27/2012 - All Star Sports (1st Trip!)




Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #29
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieMouse86 View Post
OK..so we will be there..hmm..hope it doesn't muck up the parks like when Modern Family filmed there..
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #30
ter-moo
Just hand me my Oscar and no one will get hurt...
There are some things that not even the Tag Fairy can delete
You want to lick my keyboard?
 
ter-moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: San Francisco area (East Bay), CA
Posts: 5,808

Colin Farrell as Emma Thompson's DAD??? That's gonna take some make up!
__________________
Terri

Disneyland~12/69, 6/75, 5/82, 11/90 (DLH), 1/96, 11/97 (Desert Inn), 1/99, 8/01 (DLH), 12/02 (CCI), 12/03 (Carousel), 9/04 (GCH), 7/06 (CCI), 1/08 (CCI), 12/08(GCH), 4/09 (ParkVue), 8/09(DLH),
8/10 (Carousel), 12/10 (Anabella), 8/11 (PPH), 11/11 (BW Stovalls), 12/11 (PPH), 1/12 (Anabella), 2/12 (Leap Day!) Candy Cane...lost count since then!

Walt Disney World~7/71(day trip), 11/05 (POFQ), 11/07 (POR and BC)
ter-moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.