Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite ship?
Magic 30 55.56%
Wonder 3 5.56%
Dream 4 7.41%
Fantasy 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Favorite Ship

Which DCL ship is your favorite and why?? What is your favorite port or destination?

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

We've done three cruises so far and have a 4th booked. Two were on the Magic and one on the Dream, so that is all we have to compare. Our kids prefer the kids club on the Magic, likely because of the play structure. I also liked that on both our Magic cruises the kids did a performance for the parents on the main stage, something that did not happen on the Dream. Coincidentally, our 4th trip will be the first one when the Magic gets back from its drydock in October 2013. We like those CC double dips!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanospops View Post
We've done three cruises so far and have a 4th booked. Two were on the Magic and one on the Dream, so that is all we have to compare. Our kids prefer the kids club on the Magic, likely because of the play structure. I also liked that on both our Magic cruises the kids did a performance for the parents on the main stage, something that did not happen on the Dream. Coincidentally, our 4th trip will be the first one when the Magic gets back from its drydock in October 2013. We like those CC double dips!
I'll be there with ya for our first cruise.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

We've only been on the Magic and Wonder. Hopefully, we'll be able to put the Dream & Fantasy into the mix soon, so I can vote.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
Which DCL ship is your favorite and why?? What is your favorite port or destination?
I voted for the Magic as our favorite ship. Our first disney cruise was on the Magic so it holds some special fond memories for us. We have sailed on the Magic, Wonder and the Dream. We will be sailing on the Fantasy this December. We love the new ships, but the Magic is special to us.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Having been on all four ships, we like the Fantasy the best mostly because it provides a large variety of options for things for us to do as a family.

All four ships have their advantages and disadvantages. The classic ships (Magic and Wonder) are smaller and provide (at least for us) a more relaxed cruise experience. They don't have nearly the amount of passengers and don't rely on technology to keep everyone busy. We find the family activities are greater on these ships and we like the game shows (Who wants to be a Mousekeeter and Mickey Mania) more fun than on the bigger ships.

The larger ships (Dream and Fantasy) provide a greater pool experience ... especially the Fantasy with the additional water features. However, not nearly enough for the amount of passengers. The Aquaduck, Aqualab, Goofy Golf, Midship Detective Agency, Muppet Detective game (on the Fantasy only) are outstanding things you can do as a family at your leisure. We also really like the additional water features because honestly, Disney did a poor job on all four ships of making the pools big enough. Satellite Falls in the adult area and the Cove overlook pool are nice additions to get away from the hectic pool area. For the adults, the adult area on the Fantasy is by far the best of any of the ships (IMHO). The Tube, Ooh La La, La Pizza, Skyline Bar are extremely well designed and the entertainment is superb in the evenings in these areas. Finally, we like the Animators Magic show in the Animators Palate on the Fantasy the best.

As for the ports, if we had to pick one, it would be Castaway Cay. We have been to every port in the Caribbean and Bahamas and also Alaska. We do like some of the Alaska ports, but CC is our favorite. However, if DCL went to Glacier Bay (which they don't and it isn't considered a port anyway).. that would be our favorite. Glacier Bay is by far the best thing we have ever done on any cruise in our life!

Last edited by bmer1rick; 09-26-2012 at 07:46 AM.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal View Post
I have sailed on all four and my favorite is the one I am on at the time.

Each one is different and has its own personality and the itinerary and the sailing companions determine for me which one is best for the cruise.
Of all of the ships I think the adult areas on the Fantasy are the best so it would be my favorite for seas days. If I am doing a port intensive cruise the Magic or the Wonder is fine. For a short cruise I would pick the Dream. JMO
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: