Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #991
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post
We are back home...and I am having serious withdrawal

Sadly Maddie had a really really rough week and refused to wear several of the outfits I had made her, and the ones she did wear she fussed and cried except when we were on a ride or actively doing something. I did get a few pictures of some of the outfits tho....and I plan to not think about the yucky moments and just focus on the good stuff.

Ohana breakfast...note DDs face...

a change of dress improved her mood some

MNSSHP it started to rain shortly after this so I did not get many pictures

Meeting Mickey and Minnie

Hollywood Studios

EPCOT

Animal Kingdom

Jessie and Woody
Thank you for sharing the pictures. Looks like your family had a great time overall, even though some parts didn't go quite as planned. I really like your family picture with Mickey and Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
The care of premies has come so far. When my daughter was born in 1967, she came 12 weeks early. She weighed 2 lbs 6 oz and was 14 inches long. I was "allowed" to look at her (while she was in her isolett) through a glass for 15 minutes 2 times a week. I wasn't allowed to hold her or even touch her until the day she came home (when she was 2 months 1 day old--which was at least a month sooner than they had predicted.) I had to call at exactly 9:10 each morning if I wanted an update on her. What helped me keep my sanity was a friend who was doing her pediatric residency at the same hospital (which was considered state of the art at the time) who called me and told me little snippets of information about her.
I am so sorry that you had to go through that nightmare. I am glad that we understand so much more about caring for premature babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
HI VB,
Yes, I did the big jump to FB. A lot has happened to our family since my posts here.

We moved.....to the Netherlands. DH wanted to see more of Europe, so he got a new job on a 2 year contract. He is very happy and I am adjusting.

Our stuff had huge problems and as of today our goods should arrive on the 3 of Oct, over 6 months later!

I bought a Singer 1934 treadle machine and also a Gritzner hand crank, both for 25 Euro. I really love the treadle and am using to do some straight stitching as that is all it can do, forward and straight.

We won't be seeing WDW for the next two years but did buy AP's to Disneyland Paris because it is just 3 hours away by high speed train. We can do weekend get aways.
I hope your stuff will arrive soon. How frustrating to not have your stuff for so long! I hope you will enjoy living in the Netherlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Thanks for the prayers! My daughter did hold little Caroline today and she (the baby) is no longer using anything to help her breath. She has come such a long way in just 24 hours!
Glad to hear that your granddaugther is making great strides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I did get the all clear today. No sign of cancer! HOORAY! I made my appointment for the next one in six months. My oncologist doesn't want to see me again until after that one.
I think this calls for the banana dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
I have probably made about 25 things with my 770 in the last 3 weeks. I love it! I've had some frustrating moments trying to get the hoop to click back on sometimes but for the most part it's been awesome. I've mostly been making Halloween shirts for all the nieces and nephews but here's something technically Disney I made!

DD loves Totoro now and this design was free! Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://cyatutorials.blogspot.com/201...rn-totoro.html

I am finding really cool embroidery designs at urbanthreads.com and I wanted to recommend them for teens or adults--lots of cool things that are not your "typical" embroidery designs!
My goodness! Totoro! That brings back lots of sweet memories for me. It was one of my favourite movies when I was younger. DH earned lots of gold stars when he got me that DVD for Christmas one year.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #992
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

My mom lives in Colorado Springs in the rockrimmon area (she was evacuated from her house this summer the fire was very close but thankfully didn't reach her place.) they are close enough in the foothills they get lots of creatures. Lots of deer, occasional bears, fox, etc. I remember growing up there it seemed that about once a year someone's dog got taken by a mountain lion. Trade off for living in an amazingly beautiful place.
I know that area. That fire was pretty scary, I was driving home from Texas the day the fire blew up. We didn't know anything about the fire until we smelled the smoke. The smoke was so horrible for miles around the area, so sad, glad they made it through ok. We don't get as many critters in the city but there was a mountain lion sighting earlier this summer across the street and a few deer in the area, and of course the fox who lives behind me.

Quote:
The care of premies has come so far. When my daughter was born in 1967, she came 12 weeks early. She weighed 2 lbs 6 oz and was 14 inches long. I was "allowed" to look at her (while she was in her isolett) through a glass for 15 minutes 2 times a week. I wasn't allowed to hold her or even touch her until the day she came home (when she was 2 months 1 day old--which was at least a month sooner than they had predicted.) I had to call at exactly 9:10 each morning if I wanted an update on her. What helped me keep my sanity was a friend who was doing her pediatric residency at the same hospital (which was considered state of the art at the time) who called me and told me little snippets of information about her.
Wow, I couldn't imagine not being able to see my baby and only getting one update a day.

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the well wishes for my premie granddaughter. She has some breathing issues and was on a ventilator and had to have a chest tube and to be fed through her umbilical cord, but as of yesterday she is just getting oxygen through a nasal cannula. The hardest part has been my daughter had not been able to hold her but once and her hubby not at all. BUT they are supposed to be able to hold her today. Happy about that! Good to hear from some of you who have been there. Thanks for sharing!
Glad to hear the baby is doing good. Prayers she gets too go home soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
HI VB,
Yes, I did the big jump to FB. A lot has happened to our family since my posts here.

We moved.....to the Netherlands. DH wanted to see more of Europe, so he got a new job on a 2 year contract. He is very happy and I am adjusting.

Our stuff had huge problems and as of today our goods should arrive on the 3 of Oct, over 6 months later!

I bought a Singer 1934 treadle machine and also a Gritzner hand crank, both for 25 Euro. I really love the treadle and am using to do some straight stitching as that is all it can do, forward and straight.

We won't be seeing WDW for the next two years but did buy AP's to Disneyland Paris because it is just 3 hours away by high speed train. We can do weekend get aways.
Wow, what an adventure you are on. Hope you get your stuff soon. My parents live in Africa most of the year and my mom bought a treadle machine there. She doesn't do too much sewing but with the frequent power outages they have she enjoys being able to to do something when the power is out.

Quote:

I did get the all clear today. No sign of cancer! HOORAY! I made my appointment for the next one in six months. My oncologist doesn't want to see me again until after that one.
That's great news!!!

Quote:

DD loves Totoro now and this design was free! Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://cyatutorials.blogspot.com/201...rn-totoro.html

I am finding really cool embroidery designs at urbanthreads.com and I wanted to recommend them for teens or adults--lots of cool things that are not your "typical" embroidery designs!
Sounds like you're having lots of fun with your new machine! Love Totoro, looks great!

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #993
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I love that site, I just went out there and spent 3 hours!! Can't wait to use some of those designs.

Jennifer
Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #994
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey! This would be awesome on a grey hoodie! I'll have to make one for myself I've seen $12 hoodies at Old Navy and $10 ones at Walmart. I did do the retro Epcot logo on a black fleece jacket for me this week but haven't made anything else for myself.
What is the retro Epcot Logo?

Jennifer
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #995
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've been off for a few days so there's too much to quote but all the talk about hawks & dogs & coyotes sure is scary!
TinkNH your pics are really cute and I'm glad you got good pictures despite your youngest DD not wanting to dress up! All your customs are really nice and I also like the one shouldered top.

I have probably made about 25 things with my 770 in the last 3 weeks. I love it! I've had some frustrating moments trying to get the hoop to click back on sometimes but for the most part it's been awesome. I've mostly been making Halloween shirts for all the nieces and nephews but here's something technically Disney I made!

That is a very cute bag.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #996
Piper
DIS Veteran

Thanks for understanding about how difficult it was to leave Bonnie and not get to see her when I wanted. "Back then" they didn't make premie clothes. I helped to pass the time by making her outfits out of very soft knit and batiste. I used an 18 inch doll pattern. I also took regular gauze diapers, cut them in half and folded them in half again. I seamed up the sides, turned them so the seam was inside and stitched the ends closed. I made 4 dozen diapers out of 2 dozen. The hardest part was the "rubber pants" to go over her diapers. I used the doll pattern and lined the pants with thick white flannel and used the fabric to match her dress on the outside. I was so excited when she could finally wear "regular" baby clothes!! She used the clothes for her doll when she got older, so I don't have any of them. What was I thinking!!!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #997
BorkBorkBork
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
I love that site, I just went out there and spent 3 hours!! Can't wait to use some of those designs.

Jennifer
Tons of great designs on there! Much cooler than, say, the teddy bear sitting on a stump playing an accordian that came preloaded with my machine! Although I have threatened to put that on a polo for DH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
What is the retro Epcot Logo?

Jennifer
It's Heather's design: http://froufroubyheathersue.com/#ecw...roduct=8777603

I love it on my coat because it's very Disney (and geeky!) but noooobody knows what it is unless they too love Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
My goodness! Totoro! That brings back lots of sweet memories for me. It was one of my favourite movies when I was younger. DH earned lots of gold stars when he got me that DVD for Christmas one year.
Aww, that's so sweet! I wish I had grown up with Studio Ghibli movies but I discovered them as a teenager. My DD loves Arrietty & Kiki's Delivery Service too. I always have to save a big portion of my souvenir budget for the big store in Japan at Epcot to spend on all that great Ghibli stuff!

Me (32) DH(30) DD(3)
March 1987 (offsite)**May 2009: ASMu (pregnant with DD)**Sept 2011--free dining at POR!**Planning for Halloween 2013 at AoA/POFQ
BorkBorkBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #998
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tons of great designs on there! Much cooler than, say, the teddy bear sitting on a stump playing an accordian that came preloaded with my machine! Although I have threatened to put that on a polo for DH!

It's Heather's design: http://froufroubyheathersue.com/#ecw...roduct=8777603

I love it on my coat because it's very Disney (and geeky!) but noooobody knows what it is unless they too love Disney.
I too wonder about these preloaded designs... I like their photo gallery also.

And I remember that Epcot design (now that you refreshed my memory) I am going to run up to Old Navy and get some light weight jackets for my moms and my trip!

Jennifer
Old 09-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #999
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

The Halloween dress, is done! Well, ok I have need to put a couple of darts in the bust, but it is done enough. Looks like complete poo on a hanger so bear with me.

The front

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8fdfd1ed.jpg
The back

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b57c1c.jpg
As good of a close up as I could get of the pattern at the moment.

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #1000
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Rick-rack - I'm assuming it needs to be hand sewn on?

My goal is to try to get my daughters to have a fashion show tonight and try on dresses and let me take pictures. If not tonight this weekend for sure. I have finished 14 of 20 planned outfits (10 for each of 2 girls). 15 and 16 are cut out. 17 and 18 I am waiting on some additional materials to be delivered and 19 and 20 I have material picked out (and it is laundered and ironed) I just haven't decided on a pattern. T-minus 49 days to go. I can do this.

In addition I have made one dress for my 10 month old neice and have some tee-shirts I need to finish for my 4 year old nephew, 10 month old neice and 10 and 13 year old neices. Those shouldn't take too long though because they are just iron ons.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1001
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers! My daughter did hold little Caroline today and she (the baby) is no longer using anything to help her breath. She has come such a long way in just 24 hours!
I am glad to hear that she is doing better. Continued prayers for her.

Quote:

This turned out really cool!

Quote:
Thanks for understanding about how difficult it was to leave Bonnie and not get to see her when I wanted. "Back then" they didn't make premie clothes. I helped to pass the time by making her outfits out of very soft knit and batiste. I used an 18 inch doll pattern. I also took regular gauze diapers, cut them in half and folded them in half again. I seamed up the sides, turned them so the seam was inside and stitched the ends closed. I made 4 dozen diapers out of 2 dozen. The hardest part was the "rubber pants" to go over her diapers. I used the doll pattern and lined the pants with thick white flannel and used the fabric to match her dress on the outside. I was so excited when she could finally wear "regular" baby clothes!! She used the clothes for her doll when she got older, so I don't have any of them. What was I thinking!!!
This had to have been so hard, I just can't even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger_mommy View Post
The Halloween dress, is done! Well, ok I have need to put a couple of darts in the bust, but it is done enough. Looks like complete poo on a hanger so bear with me.

The front

The back

I really like it, and I think it is going to be awesome for Halloween!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #1002
babynala
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great but I need to go back and quote!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #1003
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

Quote:

The front

The back

cute!! Is this just for Halloween or are you going to MNSSHP too?

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #1004
billwendy
DIS Veteran

The Halloween Disney fabric is cute!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #1005
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:

Cool bag.... but I have no idea how Totoro is I must be out of the loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post
Well...they cancelled the first parade, and the Villains dance thing. They did get Hallowishes done and the 2nd parade shortly after, but no headless horseman. I was disappointed because my main goal was meeting characters, but the kids had fun getting candy...and the fireworks were by far the best I have EVER seen.
That totally stinks... I want to meet all the characters too. Were any walking around somewhere You would think the villians could still come out.

Quote:
How exciting that you are down to the single digits! Have you started packing yet? Your dd was born about as early as mine and stayed in the hospital for the same amount of time. Sara was 5 weeks early. Sara was bigger though. She was 5 lbs 10 oz. She was born with Group B strep and had to be on IV antibiotics for her first 10 days.

!
I will probably pack Wednesday night or Thursday morning We are only going for 4 days so I really won't have too much to pack and we don't leave until everyone gets out of school on Thursday.

My DD's problem was she couldn't regulate her body temperature since she had not body fat. Luckily she was breathing on her own right from the start since I was given the steroid shots while in the hospital for 6 weeks ,on bed rest, before her birth.

Quote:
Wow how far we have come. I remember having a hard time finding premie clothes too, until she was a few months older and saw Walmart had a ton of them on clearance

And they even make premie diapers. I think I saved one with her outfit that came home. All I remember is our cats were huge compared to her.

Quote:

The front

The back

Cute dress.... Love that mickey fabric at the bottom.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: