Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Tutto Italia in Epcot is romantic as is La Hacienda.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
sPaRkLeSpAz
wow, our house has been scary today
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Peanut butter pie!

Your proposal sounds so romantic! She is such a lucky lady!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post

BUT....

Honestly, you're going to be at the most magical place on earth- you really can't go wrong! Most girls don't care about the WHERE as much as what you SAY! Good luck with your plans- don't stress it too much!

Ditto! Of course, I don't know your girlfriend, (and I know there are girls into the $50,000 weddings and all that go with them)...but I am on 16 years of marriage from my "cheap" disney wedding and really not about the location or money.

Do you have a favortie spot? I love the wedding gazebo at the Yatcht Club. The rose garden in Epcot's England is beautiful and seldom crowded. How about under the bridge on the walkway to Beachclub (looking into France)?
Lots of great locations!

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
SkipperJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybride96 View Post
Do you have a favortie spot? I love the wedding gazebo at the Yatcht Club. The rose garden in Epcot's England is beautiful and seldom crowded. How about under the bridge on the walkway to Beachclub (looking into France)?
Lots of great locations!
Those are some great ideas. We're going to DTD today (we only live an hour away), maybe I'll subtely scope out some of these spots while we're in the area. I've never been to Beach Club or Yacht Club, maybe that would make for a convenient excuse lol.
SkipperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #20
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of proposing on the Poly beach right before fireworks!!

Another idea - if you get an ADR for CRT or CP pre-park opening you could get in the park when there's hardly anyone there. Then you could propose right in front of the castle with hardly anyone around. Then maybe you could call the restaurant in advance and they could preapre something with the characters?? But the downside to this is you don't get the romance of the evening with just the two of you together because you'd be proposing in the morning and then spending all day in the park...

Keep checking for Narcoose's and then you can stick to your original plan!

Whatever you choose post pics!! It will be fabulous no matter what!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Did anyone post this link yet??

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...y-world/detail
Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post

Another idea - if you get an ADR for CRT or CP pre-park opening you could get in the park when there's hardly anyone there. Then you could propose right in front of the castle with hardly anyone around. Then maybe you could call the restaurant in advance and they could preapre something with the characters?? But the downside to this is you don't get the romance of the evening with just the two of you together because you'd be proposing in the morning and then spending all day in the park...

I LOVE this idea! It has the magic of being in front of the castle without the embarrassment of having a ton of people around. I am sure you could ask someone inside the park to take a picture and then set something up with CRT to celebrate inside.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
MagicalMawMaw
DIS Veteran

There is an opening that day for either 3 or 4 people at Narcoossee's for 9:15. Fireworks are at 9:00...so that might work for you.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
SkipperJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I don't think anyone posted it yet, but I've looked it over a few times. Thanks though! Also thats a good idea for the pre-opening, I'll have to look and see if thats do-able. (We have to drop our puppy off at a dog-sitter that morning since we'll be gone for the weekend, and it has to be after a certain time.)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Well good luck whatever you choose!!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #26
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
What about going over to the Polynesian beach and watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks from there? I'm picturing the whole down on one knee in the sand, explosions over head, romance in the air type of thing.

Regardless, congratulations and welcome to the DIS!
What about a picnic dinner on the beach....a little wine, a little cheese, crusty bread, chocolate with the firework overhead. I think that's romantic. I bet you could get the resort in on it as well if you want to go that far...

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #27
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

FWIW--- my hubby proposed to me in front of the castle just after rope drop. I was so focused on quickly getting to Space Mtn that I didn't notice he had "stopped to tie his shoe". Thankfully I doubled back and didn't ruin it for him! Lol! I know there must have been other people around us at the time, but to this day I don't remember anyone there but us
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
What about a picnic dinner on the beach....a little wine, a little cheese, crusty bread, chocolate with the firework overhead. I think that's romantic. I bet you could get the resort in on it as well if you want to go that far...
I was going to mention this. Maybe you could hire a photographer to capture the moment without her knowing it. Congrats!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #29
SkipperJ
Earning My Ears

A 7:45pm opened up at Narcoossee's!! Back to the original plan, I am so thankful. In 24 hours we'll be all packed and hopefully sleeping so we can get an early start.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #30
BlueBayou
Stop trolling, and reel 'er in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipperJ View Post
A 7:45pm opened up at Narcoossee's!! Back to the original plan, I am so thankful. In 24 hours we'll be all packed and hopefully sleeping so we can get an early start.
You must post when you get back! Have a great time!

Our Oct 2009 Dream trip with bumps in the road

Has WDW changed since 1976? - POFQ Oct '09 Pre-Trippie

WDW 2 times in '70's & Oct '09, Disneyland '79, '99, '00, April '01, '02, Dec. '04, June '05, Dec '05, Oct. '06, Oct. '07, Oct. '08, May '10, Oct 11, Oct 12, Oct 13
BlueBayou is offline   Reply With Quote