Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
yankebabie
Mouseketeer

Disney rewards card question

We are going to Disney next week. Instead of putting our rewards card towards our package I was wondering if we can use it for souvenirs, cocktails, tips etc. if so, do we use it like a gift card? also what if we don't use it all, it has an expiration date of 12/13 can we buy a Disney gift card with the balance so it doesn't expire? Or we are going to Disney again in sept 2014 could we book that trip in dec 2013 and apply whatever is left on the card then and change our ressie if free dining comes out after that? A lot of questions, I kno, but thanx for any help
yankebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
yankebabie
Mouseketeer

Also how will we know how much is on the card as we go along and use it? Will our receipts show balance on card?
yankebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

We usually use it for food and souvenirs at DLR. I can't remember if it printed a balance on the receipt. You can buy a gift card with it if you don't use it all.

What I find is easiest now is to just charge everything to the room if you're staying on-site, then apply the DDRD balance to your hotel bill, perhaps every couple of days or at the end when you check out if you prefer.

This time since we're going for two weeks and have ~$500 on it, we're hoping it'll cover 2/3 of our dining bill ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankebabie View Post
We are going to Disney next week. Instead of putting our rewards card towards our package I was wondering if we can use it for souvenirs, cocktails, tips etc. if so, do we use it like a gift card? also what if we don't use it all, it has an expiration date of 12/13 can we buy a Disney gift card with the balance so it doesn't expire? Or we are going to Disney again in sept 2014 could we book that trip in dec 2013 and apply whatever is left on the card then and change our ressie if free dining comes out after that? A lot of questions, I kno, but thanx for any help
Yes, it pretty much works like a gift card with an expiration date. So you can use it anywhere that would accept your KTTW card for payment.

If you don't use all of it before 12/13, you will lose the balance on it. You can avoid this by purchasing a Disney gift card. Some people have had luck by doing this at their local Disney Store but not all stores will allow this. I have had no problems by going through the Disneystore.com website. Plus, they have a bigger variety of cards to choose from.

You can use it to book your Sept 2014 trip if you use it to pay your deposit before the card expires. But you run a risk of losing the balance if you need to cancel your trip. I would play it safe and get the gift card instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankebabie View Post
Also how will we know how much is on the card as we go along and use it? Will our receipts show balance on card?
Your receipt will show the balance and most CMs will also tell you how much is left. But I'd do the same as taaren; use the KTTW card to make my purchases and then pay the balance with my rewards card before it gets charges to my credit card.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
opal
Mouseketeer

Food and wine wristlet

So does this also mean that I can use it to purchase the Food and Wine wristlet gift cards? I want to split my rewards between 2 cards so DH and I both have one when we do Food and Wine with another couple.
opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
But I'd do the same as taaren; use the KTTW card to make my purchases and then pay the balance with my rewards card before it gets charges to my credit card.
Keep in mind, doing that method might cause you to miss out on 10% discounts that Disney offers at certain locations for people using their Disney Reward Dollars Redemption Card. Be sure to know which places offer a discount before you go, and use your Redemption card or Disney Visa CC at those places in order to get the discount.

Here is a link for you to review:
http://www.disneyrewards.com/perks/card-perks
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
ellie05
DIS Veteran

You can use it for all that. We usually charge everything back to our room. Except the places were we get the extra % off on purchases over $50. You can call the number in the back to check you balance. I usually I just apply all of it to the end of our stay.

ellie05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
MOREMICKEYFORME
2 Pirates + 2 Princesses= 1 Family!

I would be interested in knowing if you could buy the food and wine wristlet as well. (as a poster above questioned) I have seen that the wristlets are only available at the water parks...is this true?
MOREMICKEYFORME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME
I would be interested in knowing if you could buy the food and wine wristlet as well. (as a poster above questioned) I have seen that the wristlets are only available at the water parks...is this true?
Yes you can use the Rewards card for that. The F&W small cards are sold all over Epcot during F&W. never heard of them being at the water parks.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: