Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
mathmom32
Mouseketeer

I have heard they are very helpful over the phone. My friend is taking her family of 7 to Disneyland for Halloween (6 days in the parks) and she said the GAT agents gave her a lot of information and advice over the phone.

As far as tickets, if you are staying on-site you get your tickets when you check into the hotel. (At least that is how it worked for us.)
mathmom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
jenksdj
Mouseketeer

Looks like you might be able to get something through Get Away now, but if not, keep trying the DLR hotels every day. I would call them direct. Since it's getting close people will be changing or cancelling their reservations. I am allowed to change/cancel my reservation up to 72 hrs. in advance of check-in. In fact I just changed mine because we couldn't get flights on our check in day (Oct 6). Now we're going a day later. I imagine some people will be cancelling altogether (those who booked months ago, hoping they would be able to make it and now can't). Hopefully you can capitalize on that. Let us know if you have any luck with Get Away

First trip to DL April/07
2nd trip to DL Nov/07
3rd trip to DL Dec/08
First trip to WDW May/10
4th trip to DL Nov/10
Next trip to DL Oct/12
jenksdj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
jenksdj
Mouseketeer

Oh yeah, we also purchased our park tickets through Gay Days. They are good up until Oct 16 and they can save you big bucks! We saved $100/person on 5 day park hoppers (for a total of $400!). Here's the link: http://www.mydisneymeetings.com/gcgj12a
But you only have until Oct 4 to purchase them so don't wait too long!

First trip to DL April/07
2nd trip to DL Nov/07
3rd trip to DL Dec/08
First trip to WDW May/10
4th trip to DL Nov/10
Next trip to DL Oct/12
jenksdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelby86 View Post
Kittyskyfish - Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

You mentioned in your signature you have stayed at other hotels in the area (Candy Cane Inn and Doubletree), which is the best if your opinion? If I cannot stay on property I would like to be able to walk there.

Thank you!
Hi again! Not sure if you are still interested in off-site hotels but if you can't get a good deal at a Disney property, our favorite hotel on Harbor for adult travelers is the Fairfield. The rooms are nice-sized for two people and it's been recently renovated. Very clean and comfortable and within walking distance to the parks and to several restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I'm a junkie for fountain Diet Coke on ice and there's a McDonalds right there in the parking lot! Also, you're at the park gates in about 10 walking minutes.

Candy Cane Inn is our second favorite choice. It's another hotel that keeps its standards higher than norm for the area. The CCI does shuttle service 2x per hour (free) and the hotel is still within walking distance (10-12 minutes) so you don't have to rely on the shuttle if your feet are up to it.

The Doubletree is very nice! Nicer than the hotels on Harbor (Fairfield included). Downside is the distance and you'll want to rely on the shuttle to get to the parks. At times it was a crowded wait for the shuttle and there was one time we had to catch the next available shuttle and waited about 20 minutes extra. We stayed there because of a convention but it's not a normal choice for us.

This upcoming trip we're staying at the Fairfield out of pure choice. We have the cash to stay at a Disney property but we don't get enough out of the hotel experience to warrant the higher prices when we go to Disneyland. Our trips are long enough that we don't need magic mornings every day and we don't have kids that would relish swim time at the beautiful hotel pools. *this is a very subjective opinion*
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
kelby86
Mouseketeer

It sounds like Get Away Today helps with dining as well? Is that correct? Will they make dining reservations/suggestions for me?
kelby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like Get Away Today helps with dining as well? Is that correct? Will they make dining reservations/suggestions for me?
No they won't, but I love doing it on my own. Get suggestions here, call Disneyland Dining yourself ~ 714-781-3463

DLR is much easier to plan for than WDW.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
kelby86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenksdj View Post
Oh yeah, we also purchased our park tickets through Gay Days. They are good up until Oct 16 and they can save you big bucks! We saved $100/person on 5 day park hoppers (for a total of $400!). Here's the link: http://www.mydisneymeetings.com/gcgj12a
But you only have until Oct 4 to purchase them so don't wait too long!
jenksdj - The tickets through Gay Days are "twilight" tickets right? Meaning you can go into the park after 4 PM? Thank you for the info and link!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #23
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

They have twilight tickets but they also have regular parkhoppers and 1park tickets.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #24
kelby86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
They have twilight tickets but they also have regular parkhoppers and 1park tickets.
So if I purchase a Convention 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $175 I can use these as regular tickets? You do not have to be a part of the convention?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if I purchase a Convention 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $175 I can use these as regular tickets? You do not have to be a part of the convention?
That's how I understand it, and I sure hope so, because a ton of us DISers purchased them! The only downside is you don't get any early entry privileges with the convention tickets, so you won't get Magic Morning or anything like that. Just the regular park hours, which should be fine for the time you are going. Just be sure to arrive at rope drop and you'll be fine.

For the dining, I know Get Away Today does offer some vouchers, but I've never used them. I think they are a decent deal on character dining, because they include the tax and tip, but again, I haven't used them so can't be sure.

Dining is NOT like at WDW, so you don't have to stress about reservations. You should call for the most popular spots (Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, character meals) now, but for the most part you can make ressies the day of. Also, I think DLR does a better job with quick service dining in many cases, so you don't NEED to eat table service as often to get away from burgers, etc.

Just my opinion, but hopefully that will help you out! You picked a great time to visit, we go in October every year!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: