Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

Breakfast before the Parks

Hi all,
I'll be at Disneyland Oct. 11-14 with my daughter and while we're there we will meet my cousin and her family for breakfast Sunday the 14th. I'm taking advantage of the CHOC walk's late opening time of Disneyland to see these family members I haven't seen in a long time. To put it lightly they are not "Disney people" but I will be there without a car, so they need to come to us. They also tend to like nicer restaurants so I was thinking Steakhouse 55 might be good but I'm not sure how dramatic the Disney theme is there.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a a nice breakfast outside of the parks on a Sunday morning? If we do go to Steakhouse 55 will they be able to park at the Disneyland hotel to meet us?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post
Hi all,
I'll be at Disneyland Oct. 11-14 with my daughter and while we're there we will meet my cousin and her family for breakfast Sunday the 14th. I'm taking advantage of the CHOC walk's late opening time of Disneyland to see these family members I haven't seen in a long time. To put it lightly they are not "Disney people" but I will be there without a car, so they need to come to us. They also tend to like nicer restaurants so I was thinking Steakhouse 55 might be good but I'm not sure how dramatic the Disney theme is there.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a a nice breakfast outside of the parks on a Sunday morning? If we do go to Steakhouse 55 will they be able to park at the Disneyland hotel to meet us?
Steakhouse 55 serves a great breakfast that is reasonably priced for Disneyland. The theming there is not bright-colored, animated Disney. I've only been twice but from what I remember the lighting is subdued, some might say a bit dim, and the photographs on the wall are historical, pictures of Walt Disney and other people, old theme park pictures. I think many or all of these pictures were in black and white. Honestly I'm terrible for remembering decor in situations like that, so somebody who has a better eye or memory for these things can expand on this. What I'm really trying to say is that I think the location would suit even those who aren't Disneyphiles but very much please those who are. The restaurant gives that "nice restaurant" vibe, so if that's what your family likes they should be comfortable. As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.
longtimedisneylurker is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
martikus
Mouseketeer

What about Mimis Cafe? Between Fairfield & Hojo. If you are staying onsite it would probably be a 10 minute walk?

Lots of parking and yummy breakfasts. Not really Disney theming, but I haven't met many people who don't like Mimi's (not to be confused with Millies which is right next door)
martikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Would they be interested in brunch at either the Jazz Kitchen or House of Blues? HOB will be noisier. The JK is fun.
theluckyrabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
Steakhouse 55 serves a great breakfast that is reasonably priced for Disneyland. The theming there is not bright-colored, animated Disney. I've only been twice but from what I remember the lighting is subdued, some might say a bit dim, and the photographs on the wall are historical, pictures of Walt Disney and other people, old theme park pictures. I think many or all of these pictures were in black and white. Honestly I'm terrible for remembering decor in situations like that, so somebody who has a better eye or memory for these things can expand on this. What I'm really trying to say is that I think the location would suit even those who aren't Disneyphiles but very much please those who are. The restaurant gives that "nice restaurant" vibe, so if that's what your family likes they should be comfortable. As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.
That is a pretty accurate description of the decor and mood. This is our favorite breakfast spot in the whole resort food wise, in fact my son and I will be there that morning. We like that it is nice and quiet before we head into the parks.
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

I've never been to Mimi's. My impression is that it's a bit casual. Is that right? We're staying at the BWPPI so it would be closer than walking to the Disneyland Hotel but it's not like any of it is all that far.

The House of Blues brunch seats at 10 and 12? Is that right? They don't have any other breakfast?

Thanks for the help everybody!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post
I've never been to Mimi's. My impression is that it's a bit casual. Is that right? We're staying at the BWPPI so it would be closer than walking to the Disneyland Hotel but it's not like any of it is all that far.
Mimi's is a chain restaurant; "casual" is a good word to describe it. They serve a hearty breakfast, and the menu definitely has some decent choices. My family has enjoyed many meals at Mimi's. Based on your original post though, it's not the kind of place that would have jumped to mind. For a "nicer" restaurant, I would consider Steakhouse 55 or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Consider me a second vote for Steakhouse 55. We try to have breakfast there at least once a trip. The food is amazing, the decor and service are upscale but not stuffy, and the price isn't much higher than some counter service places in the parks.

If your cousin and family aren't "Disney people", they could easily eat there without ever noticing anything Disney.

Oh, except that Steakhouse 55's lobby is right next to Goofy's, which can be a bit loud and hectic in the mornings. Once you're in the restaraunt proper, all is serene and classy.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post
Consider me a second vote for Steakhouse 55. We try to have breakfast there at least once a trip. The food is amazing, the decor and service are upscale but not stuffy, and the price isn't much higher than some counter service places in the parks.

If your cousin and family aren't "Disney people", they could easily eat there without ever noticing anything Disney.

Oh, except that Steakhouse 55's lobby is right next to Goofy's, which can be a bit loud and hectic in the mornings. Once you're in the restaraunt proper, all is serene and classy.
Thank you. That helps me locate it. I wasn't sure where it was. But I've been to Goofy's. I like Goofy's. But it sounds like they will be happier at Steakhouse 55. How on earth I ended up with cousins who aren't Disney fans I'll never know. But at least they're willing to come see me. That's worth a lot.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
lovedisneyland1
Earning My Ears

Another vote for Steakhouse 55! We ate there several times during our stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was great.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.
yep its the same thing...although if they are staying at BWPPI i just dont see why they would bother with the car....just walk...its not that far....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedisneyland1 View Post
Another vote for Steakhouse 55! We ate there several times during our stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was great.
yes yes and yes...they make the best chorizo and egg burrito...its big and very VERY filling....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
yep its the same thing...although if they are staying at BWPPI i just dont see why they would bother with the car....just walk...its not that far....
It's not OP who needs the parking. It's OP's cousin and her family who it sounds like live locally and are coming to meet OP at the DLR for breakfast who will need a place to park.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
tinkcollector
DIS Veteran

I also vote for Steakhouse 55. Your Family can park at the hotel, and get a comp for parking at the restaurant. Enjoy!

I have had the extreme pleasure of dining at Club 33 x 9 (Sept./2014)
Attended A Private Tour of Walt's Apt. 08/07/12
Candlelight Ceremony Second Row Center 2012
Walt Disney Studio Tour X 2 (2011 & 2012)
"Be Our Guest" Dinner, 2014 sat with Floyd Norman
tinkcollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: