Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
Queila
DIS Veteran

I updated twice today. Don't miss previous update on p.1

But first we need to get to Orlando.

We "woke up" at around 5 am for our 8 am flight (even though I don't believe either of us got to do any real sleep that night), got dressed, loaded the car and went to a friend's house who had offered to drive us to the airport and then bring our car back to our house.

Bless his heart to do that on a Sunday at such an ungodly hour.

At the airport we walked straight into the Air Canada check- in line but there was no sign of the other family that was travelling with us. I really did not want to have to baby-sit anybody during the trip so I was refraining myself from calling their cell phone to check on their whereabouts.

Finally when it was almost our turn I gave in and told Joey to call them up just to let them know we were about to go in and we would meet them "on the other side". Wouldn't you know they were lost in the airport waiting for us at the wrong terminal? And even though we were supposed to have printed their boarding passes (they don't have a printer) somehow none of us had it.

Soooo... Beatriz and I just took a seat in a bench nearby and waited for Joey to go get them and solve the boarding pass situation. It became a joke for the rest of trip on how they were going to work harder on becoming an asset and not a liability to our trip which, I have to say, they were not. They were super troopers and I would do it again with them in a heart beat.

That took quite some time and while waiting I took this picture of Beatriz...all Disneyfied for the trip:

Once we were all checked in it was time to pass security wich is always time consuming with the never ending removal of the shoes, jackets, folding up of strollers etc...

And then we were directed to the American customs. Something must have happened right before we arrived at customs because the line ups were huge and not moving at all. We were starting to worry about making it in time when we realized the pilot and crew for our flight were waiting to be cleared right beside us so we started talking to the captain. He had "assumed" by Bea's outfit that we were going to Disney and he wanted to know which character was favorite. It was really cute.

Finally, when the line started moving again they called the crew first (they have priority over everybody else) and Joey joked around that we should go first because the plane wouldn't leave without them but it would leave without us. The captain assured us he would wait for us so off they went...

After everything was said and done I barely had time to get myself a coffee at Starbucks before we had to get in the plane. No waiting around by the gate this time for us.

The plane left on time, I read a book, Beatriz watched "The Lorax" and Joey watched "The Avengers".

At one point Beatriz asked to go to the bathroom. She sat on the toilet and told me the plane had to land right at that moment because her belly was hurting. She usually plays "the belly hurting" card when she wants to get away from a situation but I assured her that it was not going to work this time.

So we went back to our seats and she went all white on me and started gagging. I was like PLEASE NO!!!! I think she wasn't feeling too good after all but she never threw up. We put the AC blowing on her face for some "fresh air" and hoped for the best.

Finally, after a lot of groaning she decided she wanted to take a nap. We were literally 5 minutes from landing.

Next up:
Checking in, Epcot and THE rain.

Last edited by Queila; 11-11-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: