Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Grand cayman question

We still haven't decided on an excursion in grand cayman for our 11/3 cruise! We are bringing our 4 youngest kids ranging in age from 11 to 3. Our 9 yo is special needs. I was thinking of doing boatswain/turtle farm on our own as DCL is too expensive for 6 of us. I read on another thread that tendering in GC takes a long time so that might be too long of a day for the kids. Does anyone have any recommendations on taking a taxi to the beach? Where would be the best place to be dropped off? Affordable places to eat on the beach? Thank you!!!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We did the turtle farm as part of an island tour thru Captain Marvin. The tour was $30, which is the cost of the admission to the turtle farm if you do it on your own...and then you'd still need transportation. Sorry, I don't know anything about kid rates. At the end of the tour we had the choice of being dropped at the tender port or at one of the beaches (Sea Grape or 7 Mile).

A cab from either the turtle farm or the tender pier to the beach is easy and quick. There are many vendors at the popular beaches--ask the driver for a recommendation. There is also a public bus to the beach. While this will save you some money, I'm not sure it is the best idea with 4 kids and all their "stuff."

There are lots of cabs waiting to bring you back from the beach. If one isn't right there, the guys in the food huts will happily call one for you.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2 View Post
We still haven't decided on an excursion in grand cayman for our 11/3 cruise! We are bringing our 4 youngest kids ranging in age from 11 to 3. Our 9 yo is special needs. I was thinking of doing boatswain/turtle farm on our own as DCL is too expensive for 6 of us. I read on another thread that tendering in GC takes a long time so that might be too long of a day for the kids. Does anyone have any recommendations on taking a taxi to the beach? Where would be the best place to be dropped off? Affordable places to eat on the beach? Thank you!!!
DW and I did the Boatswains Turtle Farm excursion in June and really enjoyed it. Tendering didn't take that long for us, but after we got off the ferry we waited in the sun for about 20-30 minutes before we boarded the bus. In the direct Caribbean sun, it wasn't fun. That was the only negative. Everything else was educational and fun. Went snorkeling after the Turtle Farm tour, but the water park looked like fun, too.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

If you book the Turtle Farm directly from their site, they will provide free transportation, and it is TONS cheaper than thru DCL.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
kuhawk88
N2Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2 View Post
This thread may help:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2945469
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhawk88
Thank you for this! I really wanted to do royal palms and I was even going to book a beach cabana but then I read that their pool is only for adults. Our 4 kids will be very unhappy if they see an awesome pool but can't swim in it! . I might try the Marriott or just a taxi to the beach!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: