Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #256
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

So glad you had a dream come true experience. such a great start, can't wait to hear about the rest!

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #257
smidgy
dimples

great chapter and pictures!!!! I'm surprised, with your red hair, that they didn't label you a traitor right away!!!

no tour is complete without ye olde toilette!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #258
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Great Photos! I love the Tower of London... So much history, all the those details... I totally hear you on the whole thing about having read about all these historic figures ... and then actually being there and seeing it for yourself... Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth I -before she was queen ...so many more... Plus all of the stories you read when you were a kid and all of the authors you read in school...

Don't worry about being emotional - I actually cried the first time I was in London... well I was totally exhausted-I hadn't slept on the flight and combined with the fatigue and the emotional overload I actually was crying and giggling at the same time... &

I love that you ran into the disneyesque entertainment... The UK Pavillion at Epcot could use them...

(Maybe you'll find the Rose and Crown Pub... well actually I'll bet in all of London there has to be a Rose and Crown Pub ?

So glad you're having a good time....I can't wait to read more about your trip...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #259
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

what a wonderful update!!!!!!!!!!!! I too love everything Tudor and oh this update has me wanting to go back. It's been...decades.

Wonderful wonderful pictures Cherie, I felt like I was there with you.

I think I need a new book now...feeling the need for something Tudorish now with a good tower story thrown in, it's been a while.

I'm so glad you took the time to really enjoy it and not rush, how magical. And possible since it was just the two of you! Love that you stumbled across a reenactment, very cool.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #260
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp'ersmom View Post
So glad you had a dream come true experience. such a great start, can't wait to hear about the rest!
It really was a dream come true...sometimes I still can't believe I actually was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
great chapter and pictures!!!! I'm surprised, with your red hair, that they didn't label you a traitor right away!!!

no tour is complete without ye olde toilette!
Yes, being a ginger seems to be a bad thing in the UK....at least I wasn't accused of witchcraft..... Had they asked at the wrong time D.Jay would have certainly claimed that I was a witch.

As for the ye olde toilette, there is just something fascinating about how different cultures and civilizations handle the topic...it reminds me of the Ramona book series, which I loved as a young girl. In one she is in kindergarten and at the end of a book her teacher is reading to the class she raises her hand and asks when the characters went to the bathroom because it was never mentioned in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Great Photos! I love the Tower of London... So much history, all the those details... I totally hear you on the whole thing about having read about all these historic figures ... and then actually being there and seeing it for yourself... Anne Boleyn, Elizabeth I -before she was queen ...so many more... Plus all of the stories you read when you were a kid and all of the authors you read in school...

Don't worry about being emotional - I actually cried the first time I was in London... well I was totally exhausted-I hadn't slept on the flight and combined with the fatigue and the emotional overload I actually was crying and giggling at the same time... &

I love that you ran into the disneyesque entertainment... The UK Pavillion at Epcot could use them...

(Maybe you'll find the Rose and Crown Pub... well actually I'll bet in all of London there has to be a Rose and Crown Pub ?

So glad you're having a good time....I can't wait to read more about your trip...
I understand the emotional overload thing! I experienced it many times on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a wonderful update!!!!!!!!!!!! I too love everything Tudor and oh this update has me wanting to go back. It's been...decades.

Wonderful wonderful pictures Cherie, I felt like I was there with you.

I think I need a new book now...feeling the need for something Tudorish now with a good tower story thrown in, it's been a while.

I'm so glad you took the time to really enjoy it and not rush, how magical. And possible since it was just the two of you! Love that you stumbled across a reenactment, very cool.
As far as Tudorish books you can't go wrong with Phillipa Gregory, she is by far my favorite historical author. If you didn't live on the other side of the mountains I'd offer you use of my collection of her books but I think it would be cheaper for you to just buy them with the cost of gas.
winkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #261
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Here's some video from the re-enactment...it was a nice surprise to come across...hopefully these are in order.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #262
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

Brings back memories.

The videos are really nice. Makes me wish I was there now.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #263
winkers

Wow! The last month has been a whirlwind!

It kicked off with sending Evan on his mission, and hasn't let up since!
Between the beginning of the school year, football, a choir concert, band concert, production of the high school play which half the family is involved in oh and D.Jay spent several days in the ICU with blood clots in his lungs and legs.

whew. I'm tired just thinking about it all. I plan to be back later today with an update!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #264
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Sorry that you've been so busy, and especailly sorry/concerned for D.Jay! But don't worry about the TR, your faithful readers will be here when you get a chance to post again.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #265
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

The blood clots sound serious. Hope some has settled down. I know it all never settles down.

We will be here when you can be.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #267
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on you son going to a mission. I'm hoping mine well go but I'm leaving it up to them. My DH finally got baptized last year and now were working on heading to the temple to get sealed. We too are thinking of taken a trip to London and Paris. My dH and oldest want to hit Germany also. So we are hoping on going summer of 2015 after oldest graduates and before he goes on his mission. He'll be nineteen by then so no college before he goes.

So i'm going to dream as I read along with your report. How excited are you about us building a temple in Paris? I'm hoping its built by the time we want to go.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #268
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Bump to the front.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #269
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Cheri! Cheri! Wherefore art thou, sweet Cheri??
Hope thou doest well???
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #270
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Cheri! Cheri! Wherefore art thou, sweet Cheri??
Hope thou doest well???
I'm alive! My computer had a total melt down but it's fixed and I'm recovering pictures.... I should have the next chapter up tomorrow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: