Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Metro from Marne la Vallée Val d'Europe

How much does it cost to take the metro to DLP? Can we just use our T tickets? How long does it take?

Less than 30 days to go.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
How much does it cost to take the metro to DLP? Can we just use our T tickets? How long does it take?

Less than 30 days to go.
RER Metro is only in Paris zones 1-2.

Your ticket t only work on zones 1-2 or in buses so you could take the bus from Val d'Europe to DLP

You have to buy a RER ticket at the station, they cost 1.75€ single adult - half price for the under 10's or you can buy a carnet of them - 14€ adult - 6.80€ child

It takes 2 minutes and there's a train every 10 mins

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Concerning taking the buses I answered you on this thread

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=10

Also if you have an AP with parking included why not use the free parking at DLP ?

If you leave your car at the hotel you will have to pay parking daily and if it's on the street you will have to change the ticket every 2 hours or risk the fine (17€)

Vive la différence
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Concerning taking the buses I answered you on this thread

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=10

Also if you have an AP with parking included why not use the free parking at DLP ?

If you leave your car at the hotel you will have to pay parking daily and if it's on the street you will have to change the ticket every 2 hours or risk the fine (17€)
We are taking the high speed in as we don't want to even consider driving and parking in Paris. Carrie you are wonderful to know so much and help us out. What about our zone 1-5 pass, would that work for the RER daily to and from? Or is it only for metro?
Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
We are taking the high speed in as we don't want to even consider driving and parking in Paris. Carrie you are wonderful to know so much and help us out. What about our zone 1-5 pass, would that work for the RER daily to and from? Or is it only for metro?
Are you not staying at Val d'Europe now in the Ibis Budget (Etap hotel) ?

If you are now in Paris in zone 1-2 you can ignore the previous post.

You are doing the 2 hrs round trip everyday to visit DLP ?

Ok in that case you need a ticket for zones 1-5 so either you buy a Mobilis at 15.20€ per adult each day or you could buy a Paris Visite in you are doing at least 3 days as it only starts becoming interesting cost wise after 3 days (43,65€) - 5 days (53,40€)

For your son it is a Paris Visite as the Mobilis don't exist half price for children.

If you are coming for a week (Monday-Sunday) you could always look at a Navigo Decouverte (zones 1-5) 33,90€ + 5€ for the card and you would need a photo

Vive la différence
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
katielouise
Earning My Ears

There's also a free bus, the 54, goes straight to and from DLRP to Val D'europe
katielouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielouise View Post
There's also a free bus, the 54, goes straight to and from DLRP to Val D'europe
The 54 goes from DLP to the hotels (Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyriad) not to Val d'Europe

The buses that go are on the other link - 6 - 34 - 43 -50

But none of them are free. You are supposed to have a ticket and can be fined 35€ minimum if controlled, and they do control.

Vive la différence
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Sorry, I got confused hahaa, I was staying at the Explorers, the 50 is free (I got on it numerous times without paying) The driver just opened the doors, we walked past him and he didnt say anything
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Sorry, I got confused hahaa, I was staying at the Explorers, the 50 is free (I got on it numerous times without paying) The driver just opened the doors, we walked past him and he didnt say anything
The drivers don't care, it's not them that control...the controllers get on in pairs and it's them that ask to see your tickets/transport pass

Vive la différence
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
katielouise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
The drivers don't care, it's not them that control...the controllers get on in pairs and it's them that ask to see your tickets/transport pass
I understand that, but surely the drivers job would be on the line? Why would they let you get on for free if controllers were to get on only to fine everyone on that bus for not paying? I was only suggesting an option. I've been to DLRP many a times and not once have I had to pay to get to the Val D'europe and back. Perhaps I was just lucky
It's up to MinnieVanMom but like I said, I've never had to pay so if you need to save a few euros, there's that option
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
I understand that, but surely the drivers job would be on the line? Why would they let you get on for free if controllers were to get on only to fine everyone on that bus for not paying? I was only suggesting an option. I've been to DLRP many a times and not once have I had to pay to get to the Val D'europe and back. Perhaps I was just lucky
It's up to MinnieVanMom but like I said, I've never had to pay so if you need to save a few euros, there's that option
Why would the drivers job be on the line, doesn't work like that in France.

He drives the bus that's it, he can't make people pay and he isn't going to be insisting to see everyones tickets when they get on as it's not his job.

The controllers are there to control and see who's paid or not. They also make far more money fining people at 35€ per head than 1,90€ maxi per ticket

Same as the people at the counters will watch you jump the turnstiles on the Metro/Rer - they don't see it as their business to stop people.

If you can get away without paying and many do everyday across all the transport in Paris why not but be aware that you should have a ticket and if you are controlled you will be fined on the spot.

Vive la différence
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We will be in Paris for a few days then coming out to stay at the Ibis budget. I am sure that will be an adventure all it's own but it was cheap.

We are going to get the daily passes for the metro while in Paris but I wondered if we should get a few for back and forth to Disney and then on the last day back to Paris to get our high speed home.

I think we will get the 1-2 zone daily pass and then just pay to get to DLP and the transportation for the two days. We arrive and depart from the Gare de Nord.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
We will be in Paris for a few days then coming out to stay at the Ibis budget. I am sure that will be an adventure all it's own but it was cheap.

We are going to get the daily passes for the metro while in Paris but I wondered if we should get a few for back and forth to Disney and then on the last day back to Paris to get our high speed home.

I think we will get the 1-2 zone daily pass and then just pay to get to DLP and the transportation for the two days. We arrive and depart from the Gare de Nord.
Ok it's clearer now

I wouldn't bother getting a daily pass while in Paris unless you are not in one of the central arrondissments. I'd buy a carnet or 2 at 12.70€ and half price for under 10 and use that as it's often easier to walk to most things and a lot pleasant than been underground.

You save a few € like that too.

From Paris to DLP it's 6.40€ adult and half price for under 10's. You want a Billet Origine-Destination Paris-Val d'Europe
You can buy the return at the same time and just keep it safe until you need it

Vive la différence

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: