Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #2356
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista311 View Post
mcmillan assumes you are running 70 miles/week, which clearly most of us aren't so you have to account for more fade, especially in a long distance race, then the calculator does
And that's a cool calculator! I was able to input the mileage per week, though, so maybe give it another visit.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #2357
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Just registered...waited til the last days of the discount price. Can't wait!! Traveling with my daughter for a special mom/daughter 13th birthday trip. Reservations at the Beach Club. Still on a high from the Disneyland 1/2 marathon and glad to have the Princess 1/2 on the horizon.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #2358
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyk8 View Post
I found the time difference really helpful for races. Coming from the UK we always wake between 4-5am during the first few holiday days... Perfect
This is what I am thinking as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBowers111 View Post
I hiope someone can help me...I signed up for the Princess this morning but when I got to the screen after paying, the screen said it was processing my credit card and could take up to three minutes, I waited for 10 and nothing happened. I sent an email to rundisney to ask if I was indeed registered or needed to do it again, but haven't heard back. Has anyone had this happen and the registration really had gone through? I just want to make sure I'm registered before the price goes up...

TIA
You should get a confirmation e-mail, if not not, then I don't think it went through...

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #2359
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista311 View Post
mcmillan assumes you are running 70 miles/week, which clearly most of us aren't so you have to account for more fade, especially in a long distance race, then the calculator does
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
And that's a cool calculator! I was able to input the mileage per week, though, so maybe give it another visit.
I put in my mileage per week- and it's still 3:04 for a 1/2 when I put in my 5 mile time. 70 miles a week? Um no.

[/img]
Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #2360
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

I just thought of another question-- corrals.
They say to submit your time if you are under 2:45, right? Can you submit your time even if you're over that-- and end up with a better corral than the one all the way at the back of the pack?

[/img]
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2361
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Hello ladies! I waited until the last second to sign up for this before the price went up! It's my first half marathon. Does anyone know at what point we have to submit our 10k time by for corral placement? I've never ran more than a 5k before and we don't have one in my area until this coming December.

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #2362
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddies Mama View Post
Hello ladies! I waited until the last second to sign up for this before the price went up! It's my first half marathon. Does anyone know at what point we have to submit our 10k time by for corral placement? I've never ran more than a 5k before and we don't have one in my area until this coming December.
According to the race website, Dec. 1 is the deadline to email proof of time to have your corral changed reflected on your bib. You can still use a time for races after that though. You just have to bring proof of time to packet pickup (the runner relations table I believe) and they will change your corral assignment there...in the form of a sticker displaying your new corral, over the one that is printed on the bib. So, if the aesthetics of that bother you, find a race before December 1!!

Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #2363
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
I just thought of another question-- corrals.
They say to submit your time if you are under 2:45, right? Can you submit your time even if you're over that-- and end up with a better corral than the one all the way at the back of the pack?
My guess is that it wouldn't hurt! Say you put in a 3:00 finish and can give proof that you will finish in that time... vs someone who puts in 3:00 finish with no proof.

If *I* was the person assigning corrals I'd put you in a higher corral if we needed to split you two up, because I have "proof" that you are running that fast and none for the other person. Does that make sense?

Typically there are 2500 in each corral. Say there are 5000 Princesses who put 3 hr finish (could happen!) Disney needs to put them into 2 corrals. but they all have the same time- so how do they decide?

Totally my thinking- I have no proof!- but I'd think they would look at proof vs no proof, or possibly when you signed up (earlier gets the higher corral) when deciding how to split those people up into 2 corrals.

Long winded saying... turn something in. I don't see how it would hurt!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #2364
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
My guess is that it wouldn't hurt! Say you put in a 3:00 finish and can give proof that you will finish in that time... vs someone who puts in 3:00 finish with no proof.

If *I* was the person assigning corrals I'd put you in a higher corral if we needed to split you two up, because I have "proof" that you are running that fast and none for the other person. Does that make sense?

Typically there are 2500 in each corral. Say there are 5000 Princesses who put 3 hr finish (could happen!) Disney needs to put them into 2 corrals. but they all have the same time- so how do they decide?

Totally my thinking- I have no proof!- but I'd think they would look at proof vs no proof, or possibly when you signed up (earlier gets the higher corral) when deciding how to split those people up into 2 corrals.

Agreed! Also, alot of the finish time calculators out there predict differently I think. When I turned my 10k time into runDisney for my first half, I found their estimated finish time to be VERY generous compared to other times that were estimated using calculators I found online...so definitely turn something in!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #2365
samc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Agreed! Also, alot of the finish time calculators out there predict differently I think. When I turned my 10k time into runDisney for my first half, I found their estimated finish time to be VERY generous compared to other times that were estimated using calculators I found online...so definitely turn something in!
Not sure I understand......will they accept something like an online calculator if I haven't done a 10K or any other race for that matter? I know my time won't be great but it might be better than nothing..... or other runners who don't have a 10K either and don't submit anything ???

Sorry if this sounded like a really stupid question Thanks!

DH, me, DS-8

1972 Day trip ~ Sep 03 POR ~ Feb 04 WL ~ Oct 04 CS ~ Dec 04 POFQ & MVMCP ~ Aug 05 Swan & DCL ~ Oct 05 Pop & MNSSHP ~
May 06 Offsite & SWW ~ Nov 06 offsite & MVMCP
~ Feb 08 offsite & P&PP ~ Feb 09 offsite
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #2366
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I had the same generous estimated finish time in 2011. Very. Generous. Lol

What we think they do is take your 10k official time and plug it into a calculator that will predict how fast you will finish. So you do need an official time from a race as proof, but a 10k or longer.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #2367
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc

Not sure I understand......will they accept something like an online calculator if I haven't done a 10K or any other race for that matter? I know my time won't be great but it might be better than nothing..... or other runners who don't have a 10K either and don't submit anything ???

Sorry if this sounded like a really stupid question Thanks!
Proof of time has to come from an officially timed race that is 10k or longer and that has official results for verification. The online calculators out there online you can just use as an estimation to play around with.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #2368
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Brightroom Discount

I'm gonna post this on a couple of threads, so sorry if you read it twice, but just wanted to share that I got an email from Brightroom for their end of summer sale...50% off!!!! That's the best discount I've ever seen them offer. It's only good through 10/5 I think...the code is ENDOFSUMMER50. So, if you have any race pics out there you want to order, now's a good time. I used it to finally order the Tinker Bell half gallery download. It's a great deal!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #2369
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
Congrats on your 5 miler!!! And yes, just keep going and you will get there. There's no magical equation that I've ever heard of. The speed will come with time...and know that you really can't work on speed and distance at the same time, so don't get critical with yourself on speed when you're making great progress in the distance department. Keep rocking it like you are and you'll be in great shape!
I love that you posted that - thank you for that reminder! This slow walker really needed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
I put in my mileage per week- and it's still 3:04 for a 1/2 when I put in my 5 mile time. 70 miles a week? Um no.
I could do that driving?

Quote:

Glad you posted this. That was my thinking as well [but who can know the mind of Run Disney or Active.com, right?] With me walking, I have two concerns competing with each other -- getting swept in the last corral or getting into a earlier corral [based on my 'dream' time] with a bunch of runners and causing problems for them because I will be slower.

I am getting racing experience and have signed up for two halfs before February. My first 10k had me finishing with a 16:13 mm official pace. I did put that in as proof of time and stated that I would finish in 3:30. I also checked that the PHM will not be my first half and that I'm a member of a running club [I am - and have the car stickers to prove it!].

So...my thinking is that my experience and a definite proof of time [albeit s-l-o-w] will trump no experience and no proof of time so I might get moved up one corral? I'm training as if I will be in the last corral anyway - walking my stubby little legs off -- it would just be so nice not to be looking over my shoulder for the sweeper bus.

Is that making any sense at all!?!!?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #2370
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Will do-- thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post

I could do that driving?
I could do it in 2 days of commuting back and forth to work alone

[/img]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: