Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Pet Friendly Hotels

Has anyone stayed at a pet friendly hotel near Disney lately? I've looked into boarding my dog at home, looked into the one on Disney property but I just don't think I can do it. Next best thing would be to bring her with us. Any suggestions?

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
got2sammies
Mouseketeer

Are you going to have a car? If you want to stay on property and board your pet then the best bet is to stay at POR- the best friend kennel is across the street. I think the prices are kinda high but you will be close to your pet and would be able to visit when you wanted to. It was far more convient when the kennels were in the park..... The one year we took our Corgi "Chester" we stayed at the Holiday Inn on 535.... Its right around the corner from DTD...If you are leaving from DTD make the left at the light onto 535 and it about 1/2 mile on your left (just pass the entrance to the outlet mall)...it was a nice (it says lake buena vista on the website)
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
7165red
DIS Veteran

The Marriott chain is pet friendly as well as the Residence Inns. Just google pet friendly Orlando fl. I am sure the're are more.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
7165red
DIS Veteran

I just googled PF and you will find many more in Kissimee FL. Good Luck.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here

Thanks so much for the help.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
7165red
DIS Veteran

Your welcome, hope you find something your dog will like.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

would you consider a condo - both Westgate Vacation Villa and Celebration world resort are pet friendly.

some marriotts are pet friendly - but by no means all of them - same with Hilton.
nothing on Disney property is pet friendly.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

All three onsite hotels at Universal Orlando are pet friendly.

JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Just a note on Pet Friendly...

Pet Friendly doesn't necessarily mean "free," at least in all of the cases that we've had to take our pups somewhere with us. Some hotels have a per day extra fee per pet, others have a standard "sanitary" (clean up) fee that they charge for a stay. I only mention this as you'd mentioned that you'd looked into boarding your dog at home and don't think you can do it (I'm guessing because of the cost). It may nearly as expensive to have your dog with you plus the stress on your dog due to the travel and unfamiliarity with her lodgings.

We've boarding our dogs and we've left them at home with a trusted friend or neighbor coming in to regularly care for them - of course there's also a cost associated with both of those options.

Good luck figuring it out.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
Just a note on Pet Friendly...

Pet Friendly doesn't necessarily mean "free," at least in all of the cases that we've had to take our pups somewhere with us. Some hotels have a per day extra fee per pet, others have a standard "sanitary" (clean up) fee that they charge for a stay. I only mention this as you'd mentioned that you'd looked into boarding your dog at home and don't think you can do it (I'm guessing because of the cost). It may nearly as expensive to have your dog with you plus the stress on your dog due to the travel and unfamiliarity with her lodgings.

We've boarding our dogs and we've left them at home with a trusted friend or neighbor coming in to regularly care for them - of course there's also a cost associated with both of those options.

Good luck figuring it out.

Dick Taylor
It's really not about the cost for us. I've never left her before (she's two) and I just don't think I can. She's used to sleeping in the bed between my husband and I. I know, spoiled and she is. I would just feel better if she were with us, we would come home around lunch for a few hours then head back out. It's probably more about me not wanting to leave her than it is about her being boarded.

Again, thanks to all for your comments. I really appreciate the information.