Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #31
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

It's not just smokers and kids that get walls and ceilings dirty. Perhaps we are the only ones left in the world with forced air heat, but I doubt that with how many folks other than us that have central AC. If you are not washing the ceiling and you have any kind of forced air ventilation, then I'd have to say your walls are disgusting.

My parents smoked and they would do it once a year. You literally had to change the water bucket for each wall and the ceiling as the water would be literally black. My house isn't nearly that bad as we don't smoke, but with forced air heat, they get dirty including the ceiling.

Speaking of smoking, we bought the house from 2 smokers whom was obvious to us they never washed the walls and ceiling. My wife spent the first year in the house washing the walls and ceilings probably monthly that is how bad it was. The tobacco stains would permeate back out of the paint and you could see the staining. Took us a long time to get the tobacco smell out of the paint and any wood such as cabinets.
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: