Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Wyndham Bonnet Creek - please tell me more?

Our next trip to WDW - we would like to save some extra $'s - so no deluxe for us.
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Lake Buena Vista, Florida, sounds like a nice resort - with laundry facilities in 1 bedroom suites and full kitchens, we could save some $$'s on meals too.

Any one stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Lake Buena Vista, Florida ?

Did you use their bus transportation to WDW ?
How reliable is it ? Does it show up once per hour? Scheduled routes or just random ?
We will not have a rental car - nor do we know the roads around WDW

Anyone ever find bed-bugs or other creep crawlers in their Wyndham Bonnet Creek Lake Buena Vista, Florida room ?

Thanks for all your advice.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Spanky
Mouseketeer

By the time you pay for transportation to & from the airport plus a taxi to grocery store and back I am not sure this location will save you very much money. I have stayed here 3 times and never had any problems with bugs. I always rent a car - small size for about the cost of the round trip transportation to the airport. Transportation to & from the parks is good if you are a fan of public transportation - in other words you will find yourself waiting for the bus in the middle of a huge parking lot - not close in like the disney resort buses. We always just use the car and budget the $15.00 a day for parking - I like to leave when I am ready and not have to wait on the transportation. Yes, big parking lots but disney has a tram to take you to the area where your car is parked - not so with the off property resort busses parking lots. Of course this resort is so great you will find you will want to set aside a few days to just enjoy the property and not hit the parks everyday.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Check the "We Love Bonnet Creek" thread for tons of information on the resort. There is also a WBC photo thread.

Yes the shuttle buses run on a regular schedule and they are reliable. We also prefer to drive to the parks, just for the flexibility, but the shuttles are available.

Depending on the ages of your kids, I would think seriously about a two-bedroom. I don't think there will be much difference in the cost. You can rent from any of the owners frequently mentioned here, with two-bedrooms typically going for well under $1,000 for the week.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in 2010, 11 people in a 4-bedroom rented through a private owner. Definitely rent through a private owner (Ebay, Vacation Strategy, etc.) to get the best rate.

We didn't rent a car. We shared a van from the airport to the resort and had Garden Grocery deliver a grocery load. Then we took the buses all week to and from the park. The buses were fairly easy--they give you a paper schedule. In the mornings it seemed like they left every 30 minutes, but going back was about every hour. We just had to plan our departures a little more carefully and make sure that we made it to bus stop on time or we'd have to wait an hour. I think twice we took a taxi home from the park because we didn't want to wait for the bus--but the fare was less than $10.

Even with paying for our own airport transportation and the grocery delivery and a few taxi rides--we still saved a TON of money vs. staying at a Disney resort!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

Hi, Dont let anyone tell you not to stay here..awesome place had a 2 bd for $400 for 5 nites last november. shuttle was easy and convenient..we were in bldg 4 13th flr..got a view of illuminations and off in the distance could see wishes a long way off though. bldg4 has lazy river out the back door..so awesome to go there on an off day....highly recommend..will be going back next march 2013 cant wait..
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
drmnofdisney
Earning My Ears

travel question

Does there shuttle (wyndhams)take you to Downtown Disney as well?
drmnofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmnofdisney View Post
Does there shuttle (wyndhams)take you to Downtown Disney as well?
Yes, all of the theme parks and Downtown Disney.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
chimilady
DIS Veteran

The first DTD bus though is at 3pm.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote