Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

So pleased... it's time to plan again!

Had a great weekend, and wanted to share... however, no one IRL would care at all, so I had to come here to announce...

SO has agreed to take time off (gasp!) and join DD and I for a trip to DLR.

He's soooo not a Disney person. Thankfully, he sees my obsession as "cute". And he actually seemed excited (well, as excited as he seems for anything) about going--planning when he wants to fly out, what he's looking forward to most, accommodating DD's and my typical touring style, etc.

There's the small points that I'm pleased about--that he agreed to DD and I going, that he didn't lecture about a budget, etc. And then there's the part that nearly made me faint. Imagine my surprise when he says, "What are the dates? I have a few personal days for the year. I think I want to go too. It would be fun to do something on vacation. I think Disneyland is just the ticket!" After I recovered from the shock, we were able to work out some little details, and talk about some of the fun stuff.

When I got home, DD(8) and I talked about DL, and I mentioned that SO would be coming with us. She was so excited to hear that he'd be there. Knowing his touring history, she looks at me and says, "Our first ride will be Jungle Cruise since he hasn't been on it, right?" She fully believes that it's Disney Law that you must ride the Jungle Cruise first on each trip to DLR if someone in your group hasn't ridden it before.

Just so ecstatic about this trip now! I was looking forward to it before, but now that it will be the 3 of us--my little family--it just feels so much more fun!

Thanks for letting me celebrate for a few moments here!
Next trip: February 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
Geemo
DIS Veteran

More the merrier!

It's nice SO has decided to make the trip with you. I'm sure the three of you will have a fine time.

The Jungle Cruise will be perfect for the first major ride.

Have a fun time!

Geemo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: