Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
WebmasterLeah

DISboards Moderator

new blog: Testing the Next Generation in Disney FastPasses

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/09/...ey-fastpasses/

WebmasterLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
BrizMarc
YOUR AD HERE!

I think its grea that Disney are pushing inovation like this and I am sure it will be a hit. The problem is that some people like to have everything planned out and others like to take it as they go approach. I sit somewhere in the middle of both of those option and I hope this system is going to be customisable enough that it will cater for both types of park goer and everything in between. If they can perfect a system like that then it will be brilliant. If its only a system that allows you to have everything planned in advance then it will be a failure. I look forward to see what approach they take with it.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone else has had experience using the new system. What did you think?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I wonder if each person has to choose the same 4 events, or does each RFID card hold a separate schedule? Families don't always stay together in the park.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
I wonder if each person has to choose the same 4 events, or does each RFID card hold a separate schedule? Families don't always stay together in the park.

Sayhello
It's my understanding that you all have to do the same events together during the test. This might be something they change before it rolls out though.

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
It's my understanding that you all have to do the same events together during the test. This might be something they change before it rolls out though.
I don't know, doesn't seem like a very accurate portrayal of how it would work, then. But I'm sure they've taken that into consideration...

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I'd like to know what they will do with parades and shows. Do they have a special reserved area with a good view? I'd love to have a FP save my spot for me!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

I am wondering how the new fast pass system with work for annual pass holders who live near by in Florida. We don't get as many opportunities to spend the night necessarily. I look forward to see how they will address that.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I'd like to know what they will do with parades and shows. Do they have a special reserved area with a good view? I'd love to have a FP save my spot for me!
That was my question while writing the blog as Wishes and the parade are options. I'm assuming it'll be a reserved spot like they had with packages years ago.

I'm also curious to see how the RFID technology ties in with APs and DVC.

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 09-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
belle41379
Disney is my happy place.

Some friends of ours went down and chose the parade as one of their FP. I'll be interested to hear about their view for it.

belle41379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle41379 View Post
Some friends of ours went down and chose the parade as one of their FP. I'll be interested to hear about their view for it.
Oh, yes. Please report back what they say!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

My family and I (2 teenagers/4 adults) had this option while we have been here. It wasn't conducive to touring for us. It would have been nice to have it linked to our Key To the Kingdom cards instead of having separate cards since we forgot them in the room the day we were supposed to use them and we didn't even remember we had them until we were in the park. Beside this point, we didn't receive them from Disney Travel until one week before our trip. By this time, Wishes and the Electrical Parade were full and stand-by only. Great idea, but I don't think it will work for those of us that don't want to be held to a stringent schedule.

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
magchavez
DIS Veteran

We tested the new system last week. It worked ok but I don't think I'm a big fan. I didn't like how the machine randomly assigned times to my 4 rides, I would rather have picked them myself. After I was assigned our times (mostly afternoon return times), I was able to go back in and modify the ride and the times, one by one. I changed all of our return times to the evening, as we like to go back to the hotel in the afternoon. The other thing I didn't like about it was that if you changed a ride or the time at a kiosk, you had to remember what you changed it to. The machine didn't print out your new information. One of the cast members suggested I take a picture of our final list of rides and times so we could refer back to it later which worked great.

It will be interesting to see how this rolls out.

2006 - POR
2007 - CSR
2008 - POR
2009 - CBR and DCL (Wonder)
2010 - CBR and Disneyland
2011 - POR and DCL (Dream)
2012 - CBR
2014 - POR
magchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #14
PinkBudgie

Are these in addition to regular FPs or instead? Can you get a regular FP if you already have a reserved time for the same ride? Will this be offered at all the parks? Will you get these special FPs for different parks on different days? If so, you'd really have to be committed to a particular park on a certain day. As a DLRer who used to walking between parks at a moment's notice I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around how this will work. Although like I said, holding a spot at a show sounds good- if you can get it. Since it was full, I guess a lot of people had the same thought.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

The only choices we were given was MK attractions (and the total # of attractions were 6 per group, if I am not mistaken). I'm sure once they implement this system, it will be available at all parks. Not something I am looking forward to considering my family doesn't like such a stringent schedule. I am hoping they do not implement this system at DLR (we are APs and live close enough to go about once a week). But, this is something that just isn't for my family. Different strokes for different folks. We just aren't that regimented to know where we are going to be on a specific day at a specific time while on vacation at Wdw, lol. And when it comes to DLR, it's something we just won't use, regardless.

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: