Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

I definitely agree he needs to stick it out for the semester if not the year. He may find second semester to be a lot better after he has the break in between since he will go back knowing what to expect. I know there have been several times where I have hated something and couldn't adjust, had a short break, and then had a totally different experience (a great experience) when I returned.

I also think he needs to realize that college is different than high school and there are many more people where he is now. While it is great to maintain relationships with his high school buddies who are there, it is crucial that he seeks out new friends. People change in college and I think when you are around people from high school it is easy to try to hold on to what was and you just can't as it won't be the same even if you want it to. Trying to hold on to that will just lead to depression and adjustment issues. I agree with trying to get involved in one activity and seek out things that may interest him. Usually dorms have activities that are just fun and not a commitment. Those are great ways to meet people. In college, there are lots of people looking for new friends, they just don't advertise it. So tell him not to be shy and go to something and just start chatting with someone new.
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: