Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #29
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Ugh. I'm being the stereotypical terrible trip report writer.

Isaac DID come. He knocked out the power for a little over 3 days (I got lucky it was so short!) and the internet was out for a little longer.

They were saying reports that he was going to intensify, so we booked a hotel and were preparing to evacuate. We put things like my Disney pictures and the external hard drive (where all the photos for THIS REPORT are stored), and the trip notes into plastic bins. However, Isaac didn't intensify to a Cat3 like they said he might, so we canceled the reservation and rode it out at home.

We didn't get a lot of damage, but our living room and hall carpet got moldy so we had to pack up ALL the living room stuff in plastic bins (yeah, I have a lot of plastic bins ) and pile that on top of the bins of photos in the guest room and tear the carpet out. We've been spending time choosing what to replace it with. We are still on the sub-floor. We picked out a floor (See HERE) and pulled off the baseboards to lay it down. The process of removing the baseboards tore the paint off. We don't have the same paint to do patch work. Now we are choosing paint colors. We won't lay the floor until we paint - much easier to throw a drop cloth over JUST the couch than over the entire floor.

Then, we realized the door frame on the back porch is rotten. This is not storm damage. But we don't want to paint until we replace the door, because that would damage the new paint. Do you see where this is going? It reads like one of those annoying children's books where one thing leads to the next ...."she swallowed the spider to catch the fly..."

Finally, the other day I pulled out all the plastic bins to find the trip notes so I can get this thing back on track. I finally found the notes in the bottom of the BOTTOM BIN.

AND...I have a goal: I need to get this trip report done before my DISNEYLAND TRIP!!!!

Any more guesses on what our FIRST RIDE in the Magic Kingdom was on our first day?

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: