Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #196
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina99 View Post
Did you get the lunch Chef Mickey reservation online or on the phone? I can't seem to find any online
I'm not seeing anything on WDW site about lunch at Chef Mickey's. It shows as serving breakfast and dinner. Now they do serve breakfast up until 11:30. We have ressies there for 11:20 during the last week of Nov. Maybe that's what they mean??
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #197
20yBWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina99 View Post
Did you get the lunch Chef Mickey reservation online or on the phone? I can't seem to find any online
Online. When I searched for it, it popped up 3 or 4 available times--12:45, 1:15, and 1:45. I was searching for a party of 7 on November 2. This was just a little bit ago.
20yBWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #198
swnguyen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yBWDW View Post
I just canceled it at 9:10.

Also, someone posted that Chef Mickey's is now doing lunch reservations as well, so I snagged a lunch one, and canceled the breakfast one on November 2 that led me to cancel the November 6 one, if that makes sense.

Whatever your ideal date and time is, search it, because with the addition of lunch, there are a bunch of Chef Mickey reservations available.

ETA: I just looked at 9:38 and the Nov. 6/10:45 was still showing as available.
It's gone. I couldn't find it. Someone else must have been in the right place at the right time. Oh well.
swnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #199
swnguyen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnguyen View Post
It's gone. I couldn't find it. Someone else must have been in the right place at the right time. Oh well.
There are still several Chef Mickey's lunches available on 11/2 and 11/3. I wonder if it's just a weekend thing?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #200
RedStars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnguyen

There are still several Chef Mickey's lunches available on 11/2 and 11/3. I wonder if it's just a weekend thing?
I just got 12n on 10/30.
RedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #201
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did just read something on another thread that it was last part of Oct - Nov 3rd.
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #202
20yBWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just noticed the same thing. There are a bunch of them on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but none on the 4th or 5th. I'm wondering if it was a glitch and I am going to receive a notice that my reservation was made in error.

I'm sorry you did not get it. I wish I had seen your message first.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #203
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStars View Post
I just got 12n on 10/30.
How are you getting these? Whenever I go to the site for about the past 15 minutes it's saying that it is down for maintenance...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #204
RedStars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan

How are you getting these? Whenever I go to the site for about the past 15 minutes it's saying that it is down for maintenance...
I just booked it on the site about 5 minutes ago.
RedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #205
swnguyen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I just noticed the same thing. There are a bunch of them on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but none on the 4th or 5th. I'm wondering if it was a glitch and I am going to receive a notice that my reservation was made in error.

I'm sorry you did not get it. I wish I had seen your message first.
That's okay. I have a bunch of good ones for our trip, and Chef Mickey's would've been a fabulous addition. I did read somewhere that it was just added as a lunch buffet to combat the free dining plan being offered during that last bit of October so I bet it does end on the 3rd. Unfortunately, our plane doesn't get in until 2:00.

*Still looking for an Akershus breakfast or CRT for DD's birthday meal on November 4.*

Last edited by swnguyen; 09-24-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #206
20yBWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's okay. I have a bunch of good ones for our trip, and Chef Mickey's would've been a fabulous addition. I did read somewhere that it was just added as a lunch buffet to combat the free dining plan being offered during that last bit of October so I bet it does end on the 3rd. Unfortunately, our plane doesn't get in until 2:00.

*Still looking for an Akershus breakfast or CRT for DD's birthday meal on November 3.*
I swear I just saw lunchtime Akershus, but it may have been November 4.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #207
swnguyen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I swear I just saw lunchtime Akershus, but it may have been November 4.
How sad am I? Did you notice I had to edit my post to say November 4th? That is her actual birthday. I have lunch at Akershus already that day, but think that the kids will prefer the breakfast menu there. Have you been for lunch vs breakfast? Do you prefer one over the other?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #208
20yBWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How sad am I? Did you notice I had to edit my post to say November 4th? That is her actual birthday. I have lunch at Akershus already that day, but think that the kids will prefer the breakfast menu there. Have you been for lunch vs breakfast? Do you prefer one over the other?
I haven't been. I keep looking because I am debating whether to try it. But I think at this point I am set with my reservations. There are too many places I want to try and I keep changing. I agree that the breakfast menu sounds more appealing to kids, but I was looking at lunch for the simple reason that it would allow us to get Soarin' and a few rides done first.

I went back to look because I was curious, and there were breakfast reservations on the 3rd and lunch on the 4th. I see your dilemma. I bet if you keep stalking, you'll get a breakfast on the 4th.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #209
swnguyen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I haven't been. I keep looking because I am debating whether to try it. But I think at this point I am set with my reservations. There are too many places I want to try and I keep changing. I agree that the breakfast menu sounds more appealing to kids, but I was looking at lunch for the simple reason that it would allow us to get Soarin' and a few rides done first.

I went back to look because I was curious, and there were breakfast reservations on the 3rd and lunch on the 4th. I see your dilemma. I bet if you keep stalking, you'll get a breakfast on the 4th.
I have Akershus lunch on the 4th and breakfast on the 5th. I will cancel one once I decide exactly what I'm doing. BTW, Soarin' is my favorite. I've been to WDW for the last 3 years and haven't been on it yet there. Only at DCA. I was raised in Lake Tahoe, so I love that glimpse you get soaring up and over the mountain.

Thanks for being so willing to help!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #210
KC78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you so much, KC78! I was able to snag the 'Ohana on the 7th and your Akershus on the 5th. I am ultimately trying to get a CRT or Akershus on November 4, my DD's 3rd birthday (SURPRISE!). Hopefully something will come up! Thanks again for posting!
Glad you could use them!!! My DD will be turning 8 on the 5th and I have been looking for a CRT Breakfast for that day! Not going to give up hope yet!!!!! Good Luck!!!!
September 2009-MNSSHP-BWV and AKV-Kidani
November 2010-DD's 6th B'day-OKW
Oct/Nov 2012 HALLOWEEN and DD's 8th B'day-AoA-LM and CSR
December 2013-Christmas-SSR

KC78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: