Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #1231
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"
 
babyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,357

My niece just got accepted today!!!

I know as a server but I dont know any other details. I am so excited for her.

She is also going to try out for the character audtions next month!!!
__________________
Kelly Richie Doodlebop Archie Ben
2005 - Land & Sea Package - 3 days AKL, 4 at Sea
2007 - All Star Sports
2008 - Saratoga Springs
2008 - Coronado Springs
2009 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Carribean Beach
2011 - Beach Club
2012 - Coronado Springs
2013 - All Star Movies
2013 - Pop Century
2013 - Saratoga Springs
2014 - Pop Century

babyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #1232
Eyepga
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6

My daughter got her acceptance today - so excited for her! Was rejected and heartbroken last session. She got concierge ... does anyone know how this differs from hospitality? Will be bringing her down there from California .. looking forward to learning as much as I can from these boards!
Eyepga is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #1233
disneymom99
Mouseketeer
 
disneymom99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 250

Hi Everyone!!

My DD received her acceptance today to the Spring Advantage 2013!! She will be in Main Entrance Operations. We have been on pins and needles waiting, but she is soooo excited!! She accepted and paid her fees today. Now she's just waiting to pick her arrival date.

I'll be joining the parents facebook group!
__________________
DVC member since 2002
disneymom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #1234
Yvette563
Mouseketeer
 
Yvette563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyepga View Post
My daughter got her acceptance today - so excited for her! Was rejected and heartbroken last session. She got concierge ... does anyone know how this differs from hospitality? Will be bringing her down there from California .. looking forward to learning as much as I can from these boards!
Eyepga,
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your daughter. My daughter was accepted the other day. We too live in Southern California.. She chose her check in date as Jan 7th. Has your daughter chose her check in date? Where abouts in So Cal are you if you don't mind me asking...

Yvette
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #1235
Yvette563
Mouseketeer
 
Yvette563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom99 View Post
hi everyone!!

My dd received her acceptance today to the spring advantage 2013!! She will be in main entrance operations. We have been on pins and needles waiting, but she is soooo excited!! She accepted and paid her fees today. Now she's just waiting to pick her arrival date.

I'll be joining the parents facebook group!
congratulations!
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #1236
Eyepga
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette563 View Post
Eyepga,
CONGRATULATIONS to you and your daughter. My daughter was accepted the other day. We too live in Southern California.. She chose her check in date as Jan 7th. Has your daughter chose her check in date? Where abouts in So Cal are you if you don't mind me asking...

Yvette
Yvette,
Congratulations to you and your daughter, too. We live near the LA/Ventura county line. Daughter's check in day is Feb 4th. She got a concierge role and that's when they all check in. Do you know anything about roommate surveys?
Eyepga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #1237
madge
... is soaking in it
 
madge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 9,055

My son is in the midst of the application processs ....

He had his phone interview yesterday and today he's gotten a message I haven't seen mention in any of the "application process" threads. He has paperwork to complete and from what he can tell it's a background check form. What does that mean? If he passes, it's all good?
__________________

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #1238
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,570

Congratulations to all those accepted into the program!
__________________
DVC 10/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #1239
DianeV
DIS Veteran
 
DianeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Livonia, Michigan USA
Posts: 3,799

My poor daughter is on day 13 today still in progress. She is so frustrated seeing some get accepted 3 days after their phone interview. There doesnt seem to be any acceptances going out today (at least to those on the fb pages)
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #1240
Yvette563
Mouseketeer
 
Yvette563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyepga View Post
Yvette,
Congratulations to you and your daughter, too. We live near the LA/Ventura county line. Daughter's check in day is Feb 4th. She got a concierge role and that's when they all check in. Do you know anything about roommate surveys?
Im not too sure. I know my daughter has joined a facebook group for CP SA Check-In date Jan 7th, and she has filled out a roomate survey there.. I would definitely have her check there. I also read on a blog or thread that they could find a roomie(s) through the DCP website but I didn't see anything listed. Are you planning on flying out with your daughter? Have you seen the airline prices? GOOOOOODNESS they are ridiculous right now! I'm really hoping they will go down as their depature date get closer.

Last edited by Yvette563; 09-25-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #1241
Yvette563
Mouseketeer
 
Yvette563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
My poor daughter is on day 13 today still in progress. She is so frustrated seeing some get accepted 3 days after their phone interview. There doesnt seem to be any acceptances going out today (at least to those on the fb pages)
I definitely know how hard the wait can be.. Will be keeping my fingers crossed!
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #1242
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
My poor daughter is on day 13 today still in progress. She is so frustrated seeing some get accepted 3 days after their phone interview. There doesnt seem to be any acceptances going out today (at least to those on the fb pages)
It's so hard. Last year, my dd didn't hear until mid December. The longest 3 months of her life.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #1243
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am
 
IrishTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,982

DD had her phone interview last Thursday and has been waiting on pins and needles for her acceptance email. I believe her preferred roles were Merchadise, Lodging, and Attractions. She also said she'd take Spring or Spring Advantage.

I know this will be a wonderful opportunity if she's accepted, but need some advice on how she can do the program but retain her full-time student status at her college. (She has a scholarship that I don't want her to lose.) I don't think her school gives any credits for the CP, and everything I've read indicates the internet is very unreliable, so online classes might not be an option. Any advice?

Also, for any CP alumni, is there an opportunity to earn money over and above expenses? I'm asking because working over the summer is how my daughter earns spending money for the upcoming school year, so if she's offered Spring Advantage, that will take away her earning potential at home.

I'm sure we'll find some way to work all these things out -- but I'm a worrier by nature!
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1244
aznshents
Mouseketeer
 
aznshents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTink View Post
DD had her phone interview last Thursday and has been waiting on pins and needles for her acceptance email. I believe her preferred roles were Merchadise, Lodging, and Attractions. She also said she'd take Spring or Spring Advantage.

I know this will be a wonderful opportunity if she's accepted, but need some advice on how she can do the program but retain her full-time student status at her college. (She has a scholarship that I don't want her to lose.) I don't think her school gives any credits for the CP, and everything I've read indicates the internet is very unreliable, so online classes might not be an option. Any advice?

Also, for any CP alumni, is there an opportunity to earn money over and above expenses? I'm asking because working over the summer is how my daughter earns spending money for the upcoming school year, so if she's offered Spring Advantage, that will take away her earning potential at home.

I'm sure we'll find some way to work all these things out -- but I'm a worrier by nature!

Full time status depends on the college. You have to have a certain amount of credits per semester in order to be able to be still considered 'full time', and if the college doesn't give credit for anything CP-related, it might be a tough shot to stay full-time. Look into online classes- I was able to take two distance-learning classes with my university when I was there.

There is definitely an opportunity to earn money to cover more than just expenses. She can pick up extra shifts on the Hub and could (read: could) potentially earn overtime by doing so, and a little extra spending cash. I know I did. And making a budget and sticking to it certainly helps, although it's hard to do when you live and work in Disney World :D
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #1245
Eyepga
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette563 View Post
Im not too sure. I know my daughter has joined a facebook group for CP SA Check-In date Jan 7th, and she has filled out a roomate survey there.. I would definitely have her check there. I also read on a blog or thread that they could find a roomie(s) through the DCP website but I didn't see anything listed. Are you planning on flying out with your daughter? Have you seen the airline prices? GOOOOOODNESS they are ridiculous right now! I'm really hoping they will go down as their depature date get closer.
Yes, I'll be flying out with my daughter. I'm hoping fares come down, too! Don't know how long to wait to book. Last we checked there wasn't a FB group page for Feb 4 arrivals. Any parents out there have kids checking in that day? Anyone else in concierge roles? I'm mostly seeing early January arrivals and every other role besides concierge.
Eyepga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: