Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
dfin
Earning My Ears

Chicken

Can someone tell me who has had the chicken, can you taste the coconut, not really a fan, but the dish sound so good
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs05 View Post
I'm rethinking our reservation. DH wanted the ribeye and I wanted the shrimp and scallops and both are now gone.
I had that problem as well. However, I talked it over with my mom and brother and they are still ok with Kona. DH is very happy that we are keeping it

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Okay, I know everyone hates when favorites disappear and I'll certainly miss the tuna oscar myself, but is anyone else excited about the changes? Kona fell off our must-do list a couple trips ago, not because the food wasn't good but because the menu was very static and we'd kind of gotten in a rut ordering the same things (tuna oscar for me, shrimp & scallops for DH & the kids) every time we visited. Now I'm feeling like it needs to go back on the list to give some of the new items a chance... The new tuna dish sounds good, though maybe a little too similar to the one I liked at Narcoosees a few years back, DH loves lamb, and I know my kids will have a hard time deciding between the duck and the clams.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
Tanyabeth8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27
Okay, I know everyone hates when favorites disappear and I'll certainly miss the tuna oscar myself, but is anyone else excited about the changes? Kona fell off our must-do list a couple trips ago, not because the food wasn't good but because the menu was very static and we'd kind of gotten in a rut ordering the same things (tuna oscar for me, shrimp & scallops for DH & the kids) every time we visited. Now I'm feeling like it needs to go back on the list to give some of the new items a chance... The new tuna dish sounds good, though maybe a little too similar to the one I liked at Narcoosees a few years back, DH loves lamb, and I know my kids will have a hard time deciding between the duck and the clams.
I wanted to try the ribeye that they removed. I have a reservation there for Oct 1st that I will probably keep because I also think that the new tuna dish sounds really good.
Tanyabeth8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfin View Post
Can someone tell me who has had the chicken, can you taste the coconut, not really a fan, but the dish sound so good
I'm wondering too!
I always got the ribeye but now that it is gone I am thinking about the chicken.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
king kamehameha
Poly Beach Comber

Not happy with those changes Does anyone know if the dessert menu has changed? Please tell me they still have fondue Thanks!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kamehameha View Post
Not happy with those changes Does anyone know if the dessert menu has changed? Please tell me they still have fondue Thanks!
OMG! I didn't think of that!!! That is what I am really there for. The ribeye was just something to snack on until it was time for dessert! LOL
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

The fondue is still there. The only real changes to the dessert offerings is the no sugar added apple stack is gone and is replaced with a low sugar jasmine infused cheesecake. The Kona kone is now a Kona bowl.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #24
king kamehameha
Poly Beach Comber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
The fondue is still there. The only real changes to the dessert offerings is the no sugar added apple stack is gone and is replaced with a low sugar jasmine infused cheesecake. The Kona kone is now a Kona bowl.
Hello mom2of2! I know we "won't" find you at the Kona Cafe but the Kona cone is all my daughter has been talking about. What did they do to this childrens masterpiece?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kamehameha

Hello mom2of2! I know we "won't" find you at the Kona Cafe but the Kona cone is all my daughter has been talking about. What did they do to this childrens masterpiece?
Lol! Well the metal cone holders need to be replaced so until they get new ones they are shaping the cones like bowls. Its still comes with everything including the cotton candy
Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Here is the new tuna entree courtesy of Dismember Alice BlueBonnet. She is the one who sent in the pictures of the menus and entrees. I am just borrowing them since this subject came up today. Thank her when you see her!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Here is the new tuna entree courtesy of Dismember Alice BlueBonnet. She is the one who sent in the pictures of the menus and entrees. I am just borrowing them since this subject came up today. Thank her when you see her!
Actually all of those pics were from Ginamarie - see this post.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Actually all of those pics were from Ginamarie - see this post.
Oops! I apologize for that. Forgive me Ginamarie.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
Nohal
DIS Veteran

The coconut almond chicken breast has a crust of coconut and almonds. I taste the almonds more than the coconut. I wasn't sure I would like it the first time I ordered it because I don't love coconut but it was delicious.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #30
Hobbes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
We have been going in Sept and I am finding every year this is when they change the menus.
We were thinking of booking for NEXT October when we are there-maybe we will be changing our mind next september
2007 Introducing my DBf to the World-Pop 2010 DBf's birthday at Pop and we got engaged
2011 Our Disneymoon-me and Snorky at POFQ 2013 Our 2nd anniversary ASMu
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: