DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
jkpatrick
Mouseketeer

I am considering a DVC purchase - Question

I am considering a DVC purchase, probably through resale, since the price is a lot cheaper and I wouldn't care too much about the loss of those benefits (like DCL and trading points for a WDW hotel stay).

A studio would suit us just fine, no need for a kitchen as well. If we travel with friends, they would book their own rooms. If we travel with family, we can always bank points before, or borrow points from the next year for the other room types. 4 in a studio room would be enough space for all of us anyways.

So 95% of the time, we would book a studio room at DVC. And 75% of the time we would travel in the 1st two weeks of December. So after Thanksgiving but before the X-mas rush.

However, I have a few questions about availability as it seems like there are quite a few threads about people booking or walking their reservations just to get the room they want, 11 months out. There are also less studio rooms as well.

1. Is it really that difficult to book a studio room at your home resort? As in are they in high demand for DVC members?

2. Is there a specific home resort I should buy in to always give me a chance at at studio?

I'm not really sure how that can be answered, but any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by jkpatrick; 02-10-2013 at 07:17 PM.
jkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: